Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Reprovisioning Sprint BlackBerry 8703e to Verizon Instructions HowTo

Feedback Score
    As they always seem to use the same Rev 0 chipset in all their handsets, it should work the same.

That said I've never tried, YMMV, etc.

Hopefully someone with a Pearl can chime in and say either way.

Feedback Score
    Skuzz, you are awesome!

Just unlocked my Pearl, took about 5 minutes and worked on the first try (or course I have used QPST in the past for other non-BB models).

So now my Pearl is unlocked (MSL set to 000000) and hopefully OTASPing to get the Verizon PRL on NAM2 will work next time I'm in a Verizon zone.... will give it a shot in a day or two... Thanks again!!!!

-mike

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikew44
    Skuzz, you are awesome!

Just unlocked my Pearl, took about 5 minutes and worked on the first try (or course I have used QPST in the past for other non-BB models).

So now my Pearl is unlocked (MSL set to 000000) and hopefully OTASPing to get the Verizon PRL on NAM2 will work next time I'm in a Verizon zone.... will give it a shot in a day or two... Thanks again!!!!

-mike
    I also have a sprint blackberry pearl and would like to activate it on verizon. I have been searching everywhere and cant find how to do it. Can you please tell me how to activate it. You can either pm me or e-mail me at [email protected]
    Thanks

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Help!

Quote Originally Posted by jmoney921
    I also have a sprint blackberry pearl and would like to activate it on verizon. I have been searching everywhere and cant find how to do it. Can you please tell me how to activate it. You can either pm me or e-mail me at [email protected]
    Thanks
    Can someone please help me!

Device(s)
    Palm Pre Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ok so after hours of trying to figure this out i finally got it. i set my msl to 000000 and tried to get the ota programming menu up but it kept saying american roaming network so i was like wtf. after a few hours of googling and all sorts of stuff i found a verizon prl and loaded it onto my 8703e. success verizon programming menu. but it wouldn't activate so it sent me to a cs rep who continued to tell me that it was impossible to activate a phone that wasn't in the system. wtf!?
    Current Phone: Unlocked Storm 9550 on T-Mo
    Previous phones: Blackberry 9360, SGSII (ICS), Moto Cliq 2, LG G2X (ICS), HTC HD2 (Windows phone 7), Blackberry 9360, iPhone, MyTouch 4g, Samsung Fascinate, iPhone 4 cdma, Motorola Droid 2 (rooted, gingerbread), HTC Droid Incredible (rooted, MIUI), Palm Pre Plus , Storm 9530, Curve 8330, 8703e, UtStarcom Shuttle, UtStarcom Arc(2), Kyocera Wildcard(a brick), super slice, marbl, LG VX5200, Some crappy Sprint flip phone, various Japanese prepaid phones.

Feedback Score
    Call back and get another CS rep that knows something.

They can add phones that aren't in their system to their system, and if they doubt that, point them to one of the many news articles about how Verizon is making their network an "open" network and they'll let you activate handsets from any provider as long as it is technologically compatible.

Ordinarily they submit a request to add an ESN/PIN to their system and a few days later max they have it in the system and it will then activate the handset.

Device(s)
    VX9100
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Skuzz... I have been messing around with a BB 8703e and I was doing alright up until I hit the "yes" instead of the "no" as you stated in your original instructions when writing the new MSL with QPST. Now it won't let me enter the original MSL or "000000". Is there a way to fix this? I have already tried reloading the OS and that doesn't work. I have re-read the phone with UNICDMA and it says the original MSL is still in the BB.

David

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 (Tello Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello Mobile, Mint Mobile, Xfinity Mobile, Unreal Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I Have A Verizon Model. I Need Help Moving The Phone Over To Sprint Now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2