Thread: Fiiles on storage card disappeared

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G, Storm, G1
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Fiiles on storage card disappeared

Hey guys,

I have a treo 750 and today I noticed a couple of folders I had made (movies an music) on my storage card have just disappeared. The memory is still being used but then if I look on the storage card though the folders themselves are not there. Anyone know how to fix this and/or prevent it from happening? When I get home I am goping to reformat the card using my reader and see if that helps.
    Last edited by michaelflorio82; 02-22-2007 at 03:28 PM.

Device(s)
    iphone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    take your card out, soft reset and put your card back it. that should get things back

to prevent it from happening....there are a few possiblities.

1. could be your card? what kind are you using?
    2. could be that you are storing ie cache, email attachments or camera pics to card? try to store all the above on main memory if possible
    Mike

Eph 2.8

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G, Storm, G1
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewchandler
    take your card out, soft reset and put your card back it. that should get things back

to prevent it from happening....there are a few possiblities.

1. could be your card? what kind are you using?
    2. could be that you are storing ie cache, email attachments or camera pics to card? try to store all the above on main memory if possible
    Thanks for the suggestions. I tried everything with no luck. even when I plug it into my card reader I only see a few files, but the memory is allocated like my other files are still there. The only thing I had being stored on my card was pics. ERRRRR This is annoying. I am going to format the card, looks like its my only choice.

Device(s)
    iphone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    bummer

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G, Storm, G1
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewchandler
    bummer
    Yeah it sucks, oh well. I saved everything on my hard drive so it was no big deal really, just more annoying than anything.

Device(s)
    XV-6700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You can recover pictures from a storage card -- sometimes even after you've formatted it. There are many utilities out there that will do it for you. Some are free. Actually you can recover almost any file but it can become extremely difficult -- images are easier because they are easier to identify by software that specifically looks for their lost data on the disk.

For the record...I've never heard of this happening in a Windows Mobile device. But I have seen it happen in a digital camera or two, although never more than once with the same device. It's a fluke. Chances are you'll never again have that same problem with that card, the device, or even ever again with another card or another device. Everything has an MTBF (mean time between failures) and the rate is so low these days that it's like winning the lotto (or losing, in this case).

Most SD cards have an MTBF > 1000000 hours.
    Last edited by ajm; 02-23-2007 at 01:57 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G, Storm, G1
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    CRAP!!!! It just did it again today! I reformatted and have everything that auto saves to the Main memory! WTF??? Anyone else have problems like this?

Device(s)
    Treo 750v
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Just had this happen to me today...frustrating to say the least. The worst part is that I accidentally lost the SD adapter for my Kingston card and have no way of plugging it into a card reader. There has to be a way to reformat the card from the Treo.....

Device(s)
    iphone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    you can reformat using total commader or resco file explorer. I'm occasionally having a problem accessing my data on my card. Here's what it's doing: On occasion (twice per week) I'll try to access (usually medical reference) software from my sandisk 1gig minisd card and I'll get the hourglass symbol. Sometimes I'll have to soft reset to get everything back. Sometimes it'll lock up and sometimes it won't. Kind of strange. Mashie, spartanrob, any of you guys that are using the treo750, having any issues with the storage card?

Here's what I've done thus far:

1. all cache's go to main memory
    2. nothing is written to the card
    3. the only things I use the card for is for music files, stored pics, stored documents, medical reference software, Bibles
    4. per a cingy reps suggestion, I've deleted the MSDATA file off the card and let the treo detect my music files

thanks for any additional input.

Device(s)
    Telstra HD2 on ATT 3G
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I had this issue on my Treo 650 with a Sandisk 1gig.

Device(s)
    iphone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    what cards are you guys using?

Device(s)
    Streakin w/16gig
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    the problems that was occuring with the jamins was due to slow cards. 150x and above seem to have fixed the issue.
    affect change and churn baby churn

want to contribute to a ringtone collection? want to archive and be able to get others archived rings? im planning on putting together a nice lil collection of users rings just email [email protected] your rings and ill put them together in a lil zip for all free of course.

the unofficial howard forums user contributed ringtones.

howard.f # 2 unofficial ringers user contribs

1000th post 4:55 pm 5/7/2007

Feedback Score
    I put my sd card in a blackberry and now I don't have any of my pictures and music how can I get it back