Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Data Plan

Feedback Score

Data Plan

I am considering getting the data plan for my laptop. I currently have a tmobilie phone and would prefer to keep it and just get a data plan from sprint but had some questions.

I first off saw some people claiming you can get the data plan for less than the 59.99 on the site. Does anyone know where or can point me in the right direction?

What are the speeds I am searching for them but haven't had any luck yet.

Could I get a phone with data plan and just tether it for a better price?

And anyone in the Lexington, KY to Cincinnati, OH area how is your service?

Feedback Score
    Ok just found my answer to the speed question. still looking for the others if possible. Also if in this area would still like to know speed as I read they vary on area.

Device(s)
    Honor 8
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessun
    I first off saw some people claiming you can get the data plan for less than the 59.99 on the site. Does anyone know where or can point me in the right direction?
    Sprint SERO plans offer it for $50, if its worth the trouble to you you may check out info about SERO in the Sprint forum, or search for "Slickdeals SERO official thread" for a good summary.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessun
    Could I get a phone with data plan and just tether it for a better price?
    Technically, but it would involve getting the $30 SERO calling plan (which comes with unlimited data for your cell), only getting one of the certain phones that would allow you to adjust settings to tether for free without (hopefully) getting caught, and, as I just implied, violating your TOS. I don't think it is worth it overall.

For the legal route I think its an additional $40 to allow tethering of a cell phone.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    China Unicom
    Feedback Score
    You can tether with any regular voice plan at an additional $40 per month. This feature does not work with the SERO plans.

Any further discussion of SERO should go into the official SERO thread, please.

Feedback Score
    Ok I was just looking at the Sero and got an email a few ago. The $50 version do you have to have a voice plan?

Device(s)
    HTC Evo - Sprint
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint EPRP
    Feedback Score
    Nope, because the broadband cards have their own number, but you cant use it to call anyone... i have a broadband card and love it, go to the sero site and get your card for free and 50 bucks a month for unlimited data, hope this helps, because thats what forums are for, but some people like to come on these forums and bash people for asking a question... im sure they know everything

if you have anymore questions you can pm me

Feedback Score
    Also

Pantech PX-500 PC Wireless Broadband Card
    CDMA 850, 1900 N/A 1.8 oz

Novatel S720 Connection Card
    CDMA 800, 1900 N/A 2.0 oz

Sierra Wireless AC595 PC Wireless Broadband Card
    CDMA 850, 1900 N/A 1.9 oz

Which of these would be suggested?

Feedback Score
    Also I definitely do appreciate the help. I am sure a good deal of this is on the forum and I am searching for it and have answered 2 of my questions myself. But I am attempting to get more information.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    China Unicom
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (SANYO 6600: Mozilla/4.0 (MobilePhone MM-9000/US/1.0) NetFront/3.1 MMP/2.0)

The best deals on data are not with a SERO plan. If you sign up for the regular $60 plan and qualify for a discount through your employer, you can get the service for less. These discounts are as high as 27%, depending upon where you work. Call 18887884727 to find out whether you're eligible.

Device(s)
    i580, i870, i560, i730, i90c, i1000+
    Carrier(s)
    "Please Hold, While Sprint Ruins the Service & Network the customer you are looking for is on"
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Corporate Discount Only Applies to the Phone Plan

Quote Originally Posted by TProphet
    Wirelessly posted (SANYO 6600: Mozilla/4.0 (MobilePhone MM-9000/US/1.0) NetFront/3.1 MMP/2.0)

The best deals on data are not with a SERO plan. If you sign up for the regular $60 plan and qualify for a discount through your employer, you can get the service for less. These discounts are as high as 27%, depending upon where you work. Call 18887884727 to find out whether you're eligible.
    Except, I thought Sprint would not give corporate discounts on data plans(or PAM). The corporate discount only applies to the calling plan(not including SERO) part of ones subscription.

...ON
    Last edited by 2%Milk; 02-05-2007 at 04:15 PM.
    Just remember Drink 2% Milk... It won't make you FAT, and it does'nt taste like milky water...

and a Beer chaser... A shot of beer won't make you fat will it???

==========
    Disclaimer: My views reflect those of myself, and not my
    employer, my friends, nor (as she often tells me) my wife.
    Any resemblance to the views of anybody living or dead is
    coincidental. No animals were hurt in the writing of this
    response -- unless you count my dog who desperately wants
    to go outside now.

Device(s)
    Honor 8
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    It seems SERO & corporate discounts aren't suppose to mix, but that hasn't stopped people from getting them applied (including myself).

Keeping in mind that a lot of people play the CSR game with Sprint, repeatedly emailing and/or calling until they get someone who will do what they want.

edit: Sorry, that was unclear, what I mean is, don't count on a corporate discount, I think the people that get all the discounts applied are those who lik ea good deal for the sake of a good deal (i.e., like getting a deal, even if the effort put into it outweighs the direct benefit)
    Last edited by mmace1; 02-05-2007 at 07:57 PM.

Feedback Score
    I was under the impression that you could not use corporate discount with data plans. Also I was under the impression you can only get the data plan for $60 if you have a cell phone with Sprint in which I don't.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I just signed up for the $50 Sero plan but have plenty of time to change things. Also I work for Dell which is a 25% discount.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    China Unicom
    Feedback Score
    At my company, the discount applies to all plans and features. The only thing I don't get a discount on is international roaming, ring tone downloads, etc.

Other companies may have a different discount with Sprint, so call 1-888-788-4727 to find out what you're eligible for.

To be 100% crystal clear, you CANNOT get a corporate discount on SERO plans. Only regular service plans. Yes, some people have gotten away with badgering Sprint into this, but it's not supposed to happen.

Now back to regular SEROjacked thread discussion...

Feedback Score
    Not really a Sero jacked thread I am asking questions not really about Sero.

But the question I noticed you didnt answer was:

I was under the impression you can only get the data plan for $60 if you have a cell phone with Sprint in which I don't.

If you don't have a phone with them its apparently $80 a month which even with the 25% discount I can receive is still $60.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Pearl 8130
    Carrier(s)
    sprint pcs
    Feedback Score

aircard charges

The charge for an aircard plan is 59.99 IF you have a voice account with Sprint PCS. If not it's 79.99 (I just was reading up on this and I think I am right re price.

My wife works for a nationally known Mega research hospital, they give discounts on everything BUT the aircard service but they give you the rebates and instant discounts on the card, just like any regular customer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast