Thread: Homescreen Designer 2.0 for WM 5.0 available!

Device(s)
    d afsd fasdf asdf sdaf sdaf asdfasdfasdfasdf
    Carrier(s)
    dasfsda fd fasdf sdf asdf sd
    Feedback Score

Homescreen Designer 2.0 for WM 5.0 available!

Homescreen Designer 2.0 is now available with WM 5.0 for Smartphone-Support

1. What is Homescreen Designer?

With Homescreen Designer, you can design your own powerful Homescreens for Smartphones without any XML-Knowlegde. It's pure What You See Is What You Get!

2. System Requirements

This version of Homescreen Designer is only supporting Windows Mobile 5.0 for Smartphone (Portrait and Landscape, NO Square)
    If you want to design Homescreens for Smartphone 2002/2003, please visit our Homepage (www.ruttensoft.com)

• Windows XP Desktop PC with Activesync (Vista NOT supported yet, but an update will be provided soon)
    • .NET Framework 2.0 installed on your Desktop PC (Download)
    • 1024x768-Screen Minimum

3. Upgrade policy

This version of Homescreen Designer is standalone and does not support Smartphone 2002/2003. If you have purchased Homescreen Desinger 1.XX, and you want to upgrade, please write an Email to upgrade (at) ruttensoft.com

4. Plugins

The following plugins are supported (more to be implemented in the future!)

• Iconbar
    • MRU
    • Time
    • Date
    • Carrier
    • SMS
    • Email/MMS
    • Calendar
    • Allday

5. System Screens

You can change the following system screens:

• VolumeBox
    • QuestionBox
    • InformationBox
    • ExclamationBox
    • ErrorBox

6. Saving modes

You can save a Homescreen as:

• HME-File: A single homescreen file, which you can distribute
    • XML-File: The Homescreen XML-File itself, if you want to change some things manually
    • Direct Upload to your Smartphone: You can upload and activate your Homescreen to your Smartphone with one single click!
    • hsd_wm5-File: Project file for Homscreen Designer, so others can change your homescreen

7. Support

For support, please visit our Homepage

To get the trial and for a Flash-Movie, visit our Website
    Design powerful Homescreens using HOMESCREEN DESIGNER

Device(s)
    iMate PDA2k ,V3 Razr,V635i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Nice...I was going to get the other version recently but decided to wait. I'll wait for them to work out the bugs. Thanks for the post.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile branded Dash
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just tried and deleted the demo. Sadly, the program on my PC was "skiddish" (can't think of a better word). The .net framework "need to be installed" was a PIA at first; and found it was running in the background of my PC - taking up valuable ticks of the micro.

And it wouldn't allow certain items to be directly across from each other. Also, after I made the first screen, I saved it.

Then I tried a second screen design and saved it. No matter how I tried (with the second screen being displayed on my PC and just saved under a different name), when I told it to transfer to the phone, it always copied the first homescreen file.

And the top bar (even though I told it to be transparent ) would not become "transparent". Also, my chosen background image was reshaped into a different ratio, where it didn't look right.

I was soooo agrivated, I removed the prog.

Sorry; I think it has potential... but was not all that easy. And the quirks were bothersome.

This on a T-Mo Dash.

Device(s)
    16GB iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Needs more plug-ins and their web site is almost designed to look like Vista, but it's not yet supported.