Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Current AT&T GoPhone Rates/FAQs

Device(s)
    Nokia 2720
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    >in other words, if I don't use all of the $25 in 90 days, the unused portion will be lost.

No ... if you renew before your expire date, your unused balance "rools over."

On a 30-day plan .... ahh! That's different

Regards, FJ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kdimm222 View Post
    so when gophone gets volte soon why stay with cricket? If u dont need unlimited then there will be no reason... **** Im still thinking to switch to verizon walmart promotion 9gb for $50.00 with hotspot roll over and volte...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
    Any idea what kind of speed you get with the Verizon prepaid ?

Feedback Score
    Does the GoPhone 25c/min plan still include text packages as an option, 200 messages for $4.99 & 1000 messages for $9.99, unlimited for $19.99?

Do they still rollover if the pack is renewed before the 30 day expiration?

Also, can i use an Alcatel Ideal smartphone on the 25c plan or do i have to put it on a monthly unlimited plan?

I use WiFi for browsing mostly, very little talk, & more MMS messaging than short texts. If i can buy the messsging packs, the 25c plan might be all i would need.

I was on the 10c/min plan & didn't like the return to 25c/min, tried the $2/day plan but sending or receiving just one text can activate the fee. What if the incoming text is spam. So it didnt work for me. But the messaging pack prices could bring me back again since i do more finger talking than voice. H20 pay as you go at 5c/min could cover me for talk. But their MMS are 10c each &thats not so good compared to AT&T text pack prices.

In the old days AT&T charged $1/day access to get 10c mins. Why don't they do that as an option to 25c mins. It'd probably be more popular for people who talk a few mins a day but optional to the 25c plan so tiny talkers who only use a few mins a day a few days a week can still keep it cheap.

Feedback Score
    Got the AT&T Alcatel Ideal at Rite Aid today, only mentioned monthly plans on the box so tried to call two #'s to find out if it could be activated on the 25c per min plan but twice was shunted to GoPhone robo activation by people who didn't take time to answer my basic question. So... I assume only basic or feature phones can use pay as you go 25c plan & took the phone back for a refund.

Thats why i prefer to buy local, no mail return hassle.

I feel the box should clearly state the phone cannot be activated on pay as you go 25c plan, right near the unlimited plan info inside the front display flap. It would save phonecalls & store returns.

Don't want a flip phone on the 25c plan unless its WiFi capable. Already have a basic flip on a 5c/min talk plan. There are some that have WiFi. The AT&T Cingular Flip 2 (40440) has WiFi, email, an FM radio, 4G LTE, but i think its contract only.

Not expecting any higher functioning devices to be offered for basic plans anymore although i recall some pretty nice feature phones that used to be offered when i first found AT&T years ago.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    On the $2.00 per day plan, incoming messages do not trigger the daily access fee.

Daily Plan: Daily plan includes unlimited nationwide calling and unlimited messaging for a rate charge assessed and paid each day phone is used to make or receive voice calls, including a call to voice mailbox, or send a text or picture/video/sound message. The day for purposes of Daily plan rate charge starts when you make a call, accept an incoming call, or send a message and ends at 11:59 p.m. based on time zone in which you are located when you took action to activate Daily plan. A minimum account balance sufficient to pay Daily plan rate charge required to place or receive first call of the day or send a message. Data: Pay-per-use data service automatically available for basic and messaging phones at then prevailing pay-per-use data rate. A Data Add-On is available for an additional charge for all device types. Once Data Add-On is depleted, basic/messaging phone users will automatically revert to pay-per-use data. To continue using data on a smartphone, customer must purchase another Data Add-On or be restricted to Wi-Fi.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    Thnx for the info about incoming texts on $2/day plan, i had it years ago. Had one phone on 25c/min & one on $2/day but disc'd $2/day as i rarely used it.

Feedback Score
    Hello, I have a Q about using GoPhone for a phone for my kids. DH and I are on the $45 monthly plan and get discounts for autopay and multi line. I am toying with letting my kids use my old iphone 4S to talk/text/facetime with grandma and cousins while at the house on wi-fi, and to also have it for occasional use if they are out of the house and need to get in touch with me. It would also serve as an emergency phone if my oldest daughter is home by herself, as we don't have a landline phone. So, it would probably not be used daily, and I do not want them to be able to access internet on it. Strictly for talk/text, maybe some apps. I'm thinking the $2 a day plan would be best and starting with a low monetary card for those charges to go on. If they are using it over wi-fi at home, will I still get charged $2 a day, or is that just when the phone is used out of the house? Any other suggestions if there is a better plan to use it on?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    FaceTime requires an Internet connection, either through a cellular network or through a Wi-Fi connection to an Internet Service provider. AT&T Prepaid will not allow a pay per use data connection with a smartphone so it would not connect to data over the cellular network. This is what you want. Your wireless carrier has no control over Wi-Fi usage. MMS messages would work even without an explicit data package. Sending MMS messages or SMS messages would incur the daily access charge. Receipt of those messages would not incur the charge. Sending iMessages to or receipt of iMessages from iPhones or iPads can be completed over Wi-Fi alone without using the cellular network. Messages to or from other non-iOS devices require a cellular connection. One can bypass the outging message charges by using MMS or SMS through the email gateways of the various carriers. One can also make audio-only FaceTime calls over the Wi-Fi connection. .

One should make multiple calls or outgoing messages on the same day to avoid paying $2.00 for a single call or message.
    Last edited by efparri; 08-13-2017 at 07:58 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    FaceTime requires an Internet connection, either through a cellular network or through a Wi-Fi connection to an Internet Service provider. AT&T Prepaid will not allow a pay per use data connection with a smartphone so it would not connect to data over the cellular network. This is you want. Your wireless carrier has no control over Wi-Fi usage. MMS messages would work even without an explicit data package. Sending MMS messages or SMS messages would incur the daily access charge. Receipt of those messages would not incur the charge. Sending iMessages to or receipt of iMessages from iPhones or iPads can be completed over Wi-Fi alone without using the cellular network. Messages to or from other non-iOS devices require a cellular connection. One can bypass the outging message charges by using MMS or SMS through the email gateways of the various carriers. One can also make audio-only FaceTime calls over the Wi-Fi connection. .

One should make multiple calls or outgoing messages on the same day to avoid paying $2.00 for a single call or message.
    Thanks, this sounds like what we need right now then. DH and myself have iphones, the grandmothers have iphones or ipads and the cousins have ipods, so they would all be messaging with iMessage for texting. Can they still send pics through iMessage? And Facetime will work over wi-fi? Would they still have access to internet when connected to wi-fi? If so, I can turn that off on the phone, right? Or delete the Safari app? How about using other apps or wi-fi? They do have a few games they like and our family uses We Chat to send pics and messages back and forth too.

The monetary cards exp. after 90 days, correct? If they are doing most of their messaging through iMessage, not sure if we would even use up the $25 card in 90 days. Oldest daughter is turning 11, and although a lot of her friends have their own phones, I'm not really keen on her having her own phone yet, so this is to be used mostly in the house or she may take it with her if she goes somewhere independently and it would be helpful for her to get in touch with us. I don't foresee that happening much this year though, as all after school activities are pretty strict in their start/end time yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    Thanks, this sounds like what we need right now then. DH and myself have iphones, the grandmothers have iphones or ipads and the cousins have ipods, so they would all be messaging with iMessage for texting. Can they still send pics through iMessage? And Facetime will work over wi-fi? Would they still have access to internet when connected to wi-fi? If so, I can turn that off on the phone, right? Or delete the Safari app? How about using other apps or wi-fi? They do have a few games they like and our family uses We Chat to send pics and messages back and forth too.

The monetary cards exp. after 90 days, correct? If they are doing most of their messaging through iMessage, not sure if we would even use up the $25 card in 90 days. Oldest daughter is turning 11, and although a lot of her friends have their own phones, I'm not really keen on her having her own phone yet, so this is to be used mostly in the house or she may take it with her if she goes somewhere independently and it would be helpful for her to get in touch with us. I don't foresee that happening much this year though, as all after school activities are pretty strict in their start/end time yet.
    you'll get charged $2/a day that will be subtracted from your account - Daily Plan: Daily plan includes unlimited nationwide calling and unlimited messaging for a rate charge assessed and paid each day phone is used to make or receive voice calls, including a call to voice mailbox, or send a text or picture/video/sound message. The day for purposes of Daily plan rate charge starts when you make a call, accept an incoming call, or send a message and ends at 11:59 p.m. based on time zone in which you are located when you took action to activate Daily plan. A minimum account balance sufficient to pay Daily plan rate charge required to place or receive first call of the day or send a message. Data: Pay-per-use data service automatically available for basic and messaging phones at then prevailing pay-per-use data rate. A Data Add-On is available for an additional charge for all device types. Once Data Add-On is depleted, basic/messaging phone users will automatically revert to pay-per-use data. To continue using data on a smartphone, customer must purchase another Data Add-On or be restricted to Wi-Fi.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post

The value of the original service card determines its expiration date:

*Refill cards have varying expiration dates. $10 to $24 refill cards expire in 30 days, $25 to $99 cards expire in 90 days, and $100 cards expire in 1 year

IF there is an Internet connection, any app which need to connect to the Internet will do so unless each of those apps has the appropriate restrictions. Safari is a native iPhone app and cannot be removed but its use can be restricted.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    When you hold down the icon for a folder or app and it starts jigging, you can determine which apps can be removed. Removable apps will have an "X" beside the app. Apps without the "X" can only be moved around to different folders or home screens. You can move those apps in and out of the Quick Launch bar also. Some Apple apps such as Garage Band can be deleted but may reappear with a future software update.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    Got the AT&T Alcatel Ideal at Rite Aid today, only mentioned monthly plans on the box so tried to call two #'s to find out if it could be activated on the 25c per min plan but twice was shunted to GoPhone robo activation by people who didn't take time to answer my basic question. So... I assume only basic or feature phones can use pay as you go 25c plan & took the phone back for a refund.

Thats why i prefer to buy local, no mail return hassle.

I feel the box should clearly state the phone cannot be activated on pay as you go 25c plan, right near the unlimited plan info inside the front display flap. It would save phonecalls & store returns.

Don't want a flip phone on the 25c plan unless its WiFi capable. Already have a basic flip on a 5c/min talk plan. There are some that have WiFi. The AT&T Cingular Flip 2 (40440) has WiFi, email, an FM radio, 4G LTE, but i think its contract only.

Not expecting any higher functioning devices to be offered for basic plans anymore although i recall some pretty nice feature phones that used to be offered when i first found AT&T years ago.
    I was able recently to activate the iphone se on the $2/day plan, and I'm fairly sure the 25 cent plan was available as well. They don't make those rates easy to find, but somehow I eventually found them on the web site.

Feedback Score
    Yes, if you can use the $2/day plan I see no reason they shouldn't allow the 25c plan on smartphones but I suspect they try to give the impression the monthly plans are all that's available for them so the phone will get activated on one of those. They don't explicitly say on the box that minute plans can't be used. So I will look further. The terms &conditions booklet needs a magnifying glass but didn't see anything in there specifically stating smartphones can 't use the 25c plan.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    Yes, if you can use the $2/day plan I see no reason they shouldn't allow the 25c plan on smartphones but I suspect they try to give the impression the monthly plans are all that's available for them so the phone will get activated on one of those. They don't explicitly say on the box that minute plans can't be used. So I will look further. The terms &conditions booklet needs a magnifying glass but didn't see anything in there specifically stating smartphones can 't use the 25c plan.
    I just checked my account on paygonline, and the option is there to switch to the 25c plan, it's at the bottom of the list under all the higher priced plans.

If I remember correctly, now that I think about it some more, when I activated the iPhone, there were only options for the monthly plans, but after creating the account and before actually funding the it, there were options to switch to the cheaper pay-go plans.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast