Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Current AT&T GoPhone Rates/FAQs

Feedback Score
    I have been trying to find out what the charge is for incoming SMS messages on the $2/day unlimited plan. AT&T's website isn't very clear in this regard. It says on AT&T's website that $2 will be charged to start the day if you make/receive a call or send an SMS but it says nothing about receiving and only has the pay per use sms rate. People have also stated that receiving an SMS will not start the $2/day but they didn't say if there was a per use charge.

The AT&T website presented international incoming SMS in the same way...they only disclosed the rate for sending. Turned out receiving is free (as long as you have a domestic SMS plan) does this mean that incoming SMS is free on this plan?

Device(s)
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rhendrix9 View Post
    I just logged into my account and it says .25 per minute. Do you need to do something to get the new plan, or just wait?
    I just did this to my plan. I called in to customer service and they switched it from .25/min to .10/min. No charges, everything still stays the same, the only thing that changed was the rate. (I was also told that I could dial 611 and change it from there.)

Device(s)
    Nokia 830
    Carrier(s)
    Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    I have some questions about Simple 10c plan. First, what about texting - how much are the texts? Can they be deducted from your balance, or you'll need to buy a pack? Also, for how long your pins are valid - do they have expiration dates? Like, how often I'll need to add money to my account so I won't lose my phone number? I couldn't find the answers on their website... Thanks!

Device(s)
    Iphone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    To be honest, all those are explained on the go phone website. Each plan is laid out. With that plan, you can purchase features that one is a text one. The 2 buck plan has it incuded as does the 60 buck plan.

Sent from my iPod touch 2G using HowardForums app

Carrier(s)
    ATT Gophone
    Feedback Score
    we are on the simple 10 cent/min plan, we add $25 pin every 90 days to keep account active. if you sign up for online account management, you can look up all your account info, balance, expiration date, call history, etc.
    you can also purchase text packages there and we use the 1,000 txt one for $10. The 200 one is $5 and if you renew the package every month before it expires, the remaining texts carry over.
    Normally the per sms rate on the simple plan is 20 cents. So if you send/receive more than 25 text a month, you save with the $5 package. You also don't have to get the package every month if you don't need it, but the remaining unused text then expire.

https://www.paygonline.com/websc/index.jsp

edited to add that the text packages you buy get deducted from your balance same as your calls and text (without a package or if you go over the alloted amount of your package)

Feedback Score
    Well, might as well add new rates as a preliminary. New "smartphone" data plans available with 10 cpm Simple rate plan or $2 a day unlimited talk/text/mms plan: $5/10 megs, $15/100 megs, $25/500 megs.
    Unlimited Att hotspot wireless access for free available with all plans.

Per kilobyte Pay as you go data being reduced fivefold from a penny a kilobyte to a penny for 5 kilobytes (or from $10 a meg to $2 a meg. For small users, I recommend the $5/10 meg package.

All available on April 17, 2011. How these will relate to regular phones remain to be seen, but considering there's only one official prepaid smartphone for Att, it makes sense for this plan to be universal.

I like the fact that they are offering and openly supporting paygo minute rate plans and pay by the day plans for smartphones, unlike Verizon prepaid and Virgin Mobile which give you unlimited data but also do not allow smartphones on daily/minute plans, monthly only.
    Last edited by fonezfonz; 04-14-2011 at 04:22 AM.

Device(s)
    LG K8 V
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    With 500 MB as an option, it looks like AT&T has raised its limit on the amount of data that you can carry over between months (old one being 300 MB). Has anyone figured out what the new limit is?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid ($50 Plan)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggultra2764 View Post
    With 500 MB as an option, it looks like AT&T has raised its limit on the amount of data that you can carry over between months (old one being 300 MB). Has anyone figured out what the new limit is?
    It is 1.5 GB.

Feedback Score
    Refill Minutes Cheaper Rates

15 minutes $15.00 Sale $14.10 ~ 30 DAY EXPIRATION
    25 minutes $25.00 Now $23.50 ~ 90 expiration
    50 min $50.00 Now $45 ~ 90 expiration
    75 min $75.00 Now $67.50 ~ 90 DAY EXPIRATION
    100 minutes $100.00 Now $90 ~ 365 DAY EXPIRATION

Source: http://tinyurl.com/gophonerefills

Device(s)
    All of the above
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    How old is this Info?

Thanks

Device(s)
    LG K8 V
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Just thought I would pass this along.

Effective June 26, AT&T is offering a new monthly $50 Unlimited Talk, Text and Web Plan to go with its regular GoPhones. Those on a smartphone plan will have a $50 unlimited talk and text plan, though you still have to buy data increments monthly as part of a feature package.

Feedback Score
    Go Phones are a great choice.

Feedback Score
    is there a software to unlock all gsm phones in order for them to work on this network

Carrier(s)
    Bell and AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The process of unlocking of phones is specific to each phone. Try searching these forums or Google for your make and model number. Once unlocked, you can use an ATT SIM in your unlocked phone.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T ( GoPhone )
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robgmartin View Post
    I have been trying to find out what the charge is for incoming SMS messages on the $2/day unlimited plan. AT&T's website isn't very clear in this regard. It says on AT&T's website that $2 will be charged to start the day if you make/receive a call or send an SMS but it says nothing about receiving and only has the pay per use sms rate. People have also stated that receiving an SMS will not start the $2/day but they didn't say if there was a per use charge.
    I was wondering the same thing, it make a world of difference for my usage patterns.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast