Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Current AT&T GoPhone Rates/FAQs

Device(s)
    Doogee S90, Novatel Liberate, SkyRoam, Isatphone 2.1, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,T-Mo,Sprint,Piranha,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    You should be able to just buy the new gophone, charge it up and slip in the postpaid sim chip...the wonder of GSM sim chip phones. Plus you will likely get a text message congratulating you on the purchase of a new phone (got this when I switched prepaid phones for my father). They will scan the package at the register to read the UPC label and the ESN label so it goes into AT&T's database as an active phone. In the unlikely event there are any problems, give AT&T customer service a call, or drop into an AT&T store, I've found they are very helpful when I've had any account or phone issues.

Device(s)
    If I told 'ya.....
    Carrier(s)
    I've used them all...
    Feedback Score
    In addition to what GadgetKen states...

There have been reports that post-paid customers who bought pre-paid phones to replace their post-paid subsidy phones have gotten an additional 150 minutes for that month as a "bonus".... I haven't tried it out myself though, so I can't totally verify the rumor...
    I guess I don't know the right people, because I can't get away with anything around here... Rest assured, though, I will never maliciously properly quote anybody again!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CSI_Nut
    In addition to what GadgetKen states...

There have been reports that post-paid customers who bought pre-paid phones to replace their post-paid subsidy phones have gotten an additional 150 minutes for that month as a "bonus".... I haven't tried it out myself though, so I can't totally verify the rumor...
    Yep, you do. Although I think you get 1 bill cycle to use them.

Device(s)
    If I told 'ya.....
    Carrier(s)
    I've used them all...
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by terhett
    Yep, you do. Although I think you get 1 bill cycle to use them.
    Thanks for confirming that! Since I currently have 1500 rollover minutes on the family plan, it is unlikely that 150 bonus minutes available as a "use-it-or-lose-it" proposition for one month would do me any good personally. But it might help somebody out there. Remind me sometime that I need to talk more... LOL!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    thanks guys... it's refreshing to get good advice w/o the benefit of teenagers screaming at you to use the search button

I actually got to the ATT Corp store before they closed last night and they confirmed that I should get the go phone until I am eligible for upgrayed (sorry, watch Idiocracy this weekend)

Webmaster: Krawdaddy.net | Admin: DiscussAnything.com | Moderator: StangNet

Device(s)
    3g Razr
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My wife and I are considering switching from an AT&T family plan to GoPhone. Can we use two GoPhones with a single account (so we don't have to individually refill our minutes)?

If not, what is the least I can add to a GoPhone account per month? They say you can use your credit card, so can I add only $5 if that's all I need? I've only seen people mention the prepaid cards, but I only use my phone once a week at most.

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Nokia 2720
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nddl05
    1. My wife and I are considering switching from an AT&T family plan to GoPhone. Can we use two GoPhones with a single account (so we don't have to individually refill our minutes)?

2. If not, what is the least I can add to a GoPhone account per month? They say you can use your credit card, so can I add only $5 if that's all I need? I've only seen people mention the prepaid cards, but I only use my phone once a week at most.
    1. No.
    2. $8.34 a month (when you buy a $100 airtime card.) Or $8.59 a month (when you buy $25 cards and time everything perfectly.) $15.63 a month (when you buy $15 cards and time everything perfectly.)
    Regards

Device(s)
    ipone 2G 16gb 3.1.3
    Carrier(s)
    At&T
    Feedback Score

acount balance message still n place?

So do you still get the message saying what your account balance is anytime you do anything with your GoPhone?

If so it's to bad considering I've seen that an iPhone is $97 at Walmart that annoying message is the thing keeping me from coming back to GoPhone!

Considering thy are now offering an unlimited talk and messaging packing that message is a little bit of over kill every time someone with unlimited txts receives a message stating the transaction cost them $0 and their balance is $x.xx. I mean AT&T (well Cingular at the time) even said the reason for the message was so customer service wasn't bombarded by "what's my balance" I think someone with an unlimited plan knows what their balance may be.

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Quote Originally Posted by wbgh
    So do you still get the message saying what your account balance is anytime you do anything with your GoPhone?

If so it's to bad considering I've seen that an iPhone is $97 at Walmart that annoying message is the thing keeping me from coming back to GoPhone!

Considering thy are now offering an unlimited talk and messaging packing that message is a little bit of over kill every time someone with unlimited txts receives a message stating the transaction cost them $0 and their balance is $x.xx. I mean AT&T (well Cingular at the time) even said the reason for the message was so customer service wasn't bombarded by "what's my balance" I think someone with an unlimited plan knows what their balance may be.
    No, AT&T Go Phone customers now have the option to turn the balance reminder off, via OLAM.

Device(s)
    ipone 2G 16gb 3.1.3
    Carrier(s)
    At&T
    Feedback Score
    OMG, really!?! Great news, thank you Irish Rose!

What is this OLAM? Is it something through AT&T or is it like a hack, desktop manager? Is turning off the reminder pretty east to do?

I'm with Boost Mobile now, unlimited talk text and web for $50 a month blows GoPhone out of the water! However a iPhone blows any phone Boost has (or will have in the future) out of eh water.

Hey speaking of Boost my balance expires on the 10/7-8ish, will I be able to bring my number from Boost/Nextel with me to GoPhone?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm about to leave for work so I don't have time to search. Can you use the new $60 talk and text package on the go phone? What about data, how much will that run me?

Any problems buying an iPhone from walmart and taking it home and putting it on GoPhone?

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    The Gophone unlimited plan includes unlimited talk/text/ picture/vid/im/intl text to 120 countries. Web is $20 for 100 megs. But it is 3G and rolls over.
    And you can always use wifi. With postpaid , they force data plans on you.

Your iphone should probably be jb and unlocked if possible as Att does not like the 3G/3Gs on prepaid. Officially, only the original 2G is allowed on Pick your plan. No paygo. We all know that is not a hard and fast rule
    If you have any doubts, address this question in the Apple threads forum.

Your new sim , should it be an orange/white prepaid gophone one will be locked to the phone it is activated with for six months. They do give you cash credit on certain models of phone. One way to get both is to activate , get locked, use up your credits. Go to a Corporate store and request a replacement sim. This might be worth it if the credit is a lot. Some phones are as much as fifty bucks. Most are around fifteen.

At least one Hofo says it is free to get the corporate sim.

The other method to bypass six month simlock is to buy a Blue/orange 3g Att/Cingular sim on ebay for under four bucks and activate that instead.

No free credit dollars though.

It is a tradeoff. Cash or inconvenience? Take your pick.

But you are right, phone selection in the gsm world wipes iden out.

Feedback Score
    OMG, really!?! Great news, thank you Irish Rose!

What is this OLAM? Is it something through AT&T or is it like a hack, desktop manager?
    You are welcome.

OLAM = Online Account Management

Is turning off the reminder pretty east to do?
    Yes, once you log into your account you will see the option to turn it off near the bottom where it says "End of Call Notification"........ Select "Off".

Carrier(s)
    Soup Cans and String Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So happy I poked around the PAYG site and found that notification thinger and turned it off I'll also be signing up for Auto Refill when the next month rolls around.

Question:
    I bought a Go Phone that came with $15 credit and I did not use that SIM. I used a $50 and a $15 card to start my service. "Bought" the $60/Unlimited plan, so then *777# showed a $5 account balance.

Did that again a few days ago, now it's up to $15. Uhh...why? Not like it's a bad thing I understand the bonus cash only comes with $100+ of purchased air time...

Device(s)
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Monthly
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan s
    Not like it's a bad thing I understand the bonus cash only comes with $100+ of purchased air time...
    Not anymore. They ended the loyalty bonus program yesterday.
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Carrier(s)
    Soup Cans and String Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sweeper
    Not anymore. They ended the loyalty bonus program yesterday.
    Oh yeah, that's right...today is the 28th (I never pay attention to the date )

I ported my number over on Saturday, and found the extra balance on Monday after checking *777# a couple times on Saturday and Sunday since I got a "low funds" automated message when I made the first call. Poof...$10 free on Monday...

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast