Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Cingular V3xx Modding has begun...

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Cingular V3xx Modding has begun...

OK, so I picked up my new Cingular branded V3xx Thursday night from Wal-Mart. Love the phone, but all that Cingular garbage has got to go!

So far, I've done some SEEM editing (using a complex method of both RadioComm 11.1 and using the good old P2KSeem as a reference)

So thus far, some of the SEEM 0032_0001 edit work as expected, others don't. If the offset didn't look like I expected, I didn't touch it when comparing to my old v551's file.

I've also managed to change the cl.gif, and even the mma_ucp, and have the phone pretty much like I want it.

I did delete all the java applets, and stupid me didn't back them up. If anyone has a copy of the Cingular OZ email client from their V3xx, I'd like to have that one back. Some reason, MEdia net says it is not available for my phone, but yet it came installed on it???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith76
    OK, so I picked up my new Cingular branded V3xx Thursday night from Wal-Mart. Love the phone, but all that Cingular garbage has got to go!

So far, I've done some SEEM editing (using a complex method of both RadioComm 11.1 and using the good old P2KSeem as a reference)

So thus far, some of the SEEM 0032_0001 edit work as expected, others don't. If the offset didn't look like I expected, I didn't touch it when comparing to my old v551's file.

I've also managed to change the cl.gif, and even the mma_ucp, and have the phone pretty much like I want it.

I did delete all the java applets, and stupid me didn't back them up. If anyone has a copy of the Cingular OZ email client from their V3xx, I'd like to have that one back. Some reason, MEdia net says it is not available for my phone, but yet it came installed on it???
    Must be nice to get into the phone and start modifying it.... I wish i knew how to raise the volume on my V365... everyone is quick to say what needs to be done, but nobody is willing to do a step by step instruction write-up..

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Can someone try unlocking the thing. I'm thinking of buying it, but I'm Cingular Blue, so it would have to be unlocked. I would try the usual methods, and see what happens.

Pritesh

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Not going to mess with trying to change the bootloader to an antique version, quite yet, so as far as I know that is the only way to unlock by editing the PDS, sorry.

Anyway, a few of the things I've learned, and I don't take credit for all of these:

Editing the .pat file for full network access will not work with Opera Mini, it resets it back to the "always ask" option, which sucks, but if you delete the j2me_domain_registry.sm file, it will at least give you the "ask once per app" option back. So you will have to allow access every time you start, but then for that session it works beautifully.

If you mod the mma_ucp, you will be able to change the right and left soft keys, like you are supposed to be able to.

If you Google "Enable WMV Format By flash.tato" you can find a flex (I think it is just a SEEM edit) that will allow the phone to play wmv.

Now things that I still cannot find:
    Enable the POP3/IMAP email option in messaging (I hope it is still there)
    Allow "Emergency Only" and "No Service" to work.
    Allow normal Network Menu without dreaded VMI problems.
    and of course Games that work at 240 X 320.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What file system does this phone use? Is it the same one as the V3x, because if so, we can use some of the same techniques here as well.

Pritesh

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Its detected in RadioComm as P2K05.

None of the standard P2K programs that use the p2k API work.

Supposedly there are some people working on a P2K05 API that will allow much of the same stuff we used to do happen.

Until then, it is a big headache to do much of anything.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I was talking about the Flash versions. For example, the V551 Is the R47 series, the V600, triplets, etc. What is it for the V3xx? Sorry if that was a bit confusing.

Pritesh

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by siliconvalley78
    I was talking about the Flash versions. For example, the V551 Is the R47 series, the V600, triplets, etc. What is it for the V3xx? Sorry if that was a bit confusing.
    Ahhh, I see. The software version on my V3xx is R26111LD_U_96.71.95R

So that would make it a R26111LD series firmware. From what I've gatehred, this is different than what the European V3xx uses, and will brick your phone if you try to use the European Flash since the actual hardware is different.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Ok, sounds good. Yeah, I was on modmymoto.com just now, and they mentioned about 4-5 different versions of the software are available. http://www.modmymoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6023. Looks like you have a version not on their list.
    The fact that we won't be able to use our traditional P2K programs isn't going to be good for us, since debranding may be difficult. This stuff is kinda key for me, since I like to keep it stock. Even the buttons on the phone are "Cingularized" too much for me.

Pritesh

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just looking at the specs on the Cingular site. They say that it is a Tri-band GSM world phone - 850/1800/1900 MHz.

That being said, I adjusted SEEM 0025_0001 to reflect the quad-band. Just like you would so on a T-mo phone to enable 850MHz.

Does anyone know if the hardware itself is capable of 900MHz, or anyway to tell without leaving the country?

If I clicky the "Get Mode" in RadioComm, it doesn't return the green boxes like it would on other phones.

Device(s)
    V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I have researched this question over and over, and no one seems to have a definitive answer. Even though 'activating' the 850Mhz band has worked for others it definitely doesn't mean that it will work for the 900Mhz band, say, in Nanking, China using the same method. Seems like someone would know some trustworthy person in a 900Mhz only country (Iraq comes to mind) that we could just send our modded, unlocked phones to for them to test. Then we would know for sure without fancy test equipment or knowing Moto company secrets.

Device(s)
    Motorola V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM/HSDPA
    Feedback Score
    It might be easier to get someone in the US to verify an international Tri-band 900/1800/1900 unlocks to allow 850. We could probably get this answer within a couple hours considering how many of these phone are in the US already.

I know it won't give us a definitive answer if the US model can be unlocked for 900 but it might give us a good idea.

Device(s)
    V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Good point. I like the idea, but if you are already picking up the 1900 band and you activate 850 how can you be sure of which one you are operating off of? TMOB and CING use both right?

Device(s)
    Motorola V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM/HSDPA
    Feedback Score
    I know Cingular uses both. I believe T-Mobile may just be 1900, not positive though.

I guess this test would have to involve disabling the 1900 side. Which would be pretty easy if I had access to the equipment shelter at the tower but maybe a little easier on the phone.

Feedback Score
    Can you tell me how you modded mma_ucp and cl.gif? (I especially want to change the useless cingular soft keys!)

I do have Radiocomm 11.1, but that's about the only thing that will let me look at the phone. This lack of modding is the one thing that detracts from the phone over my old original v3.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast