Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dobson Cellularone first quarter handset lineup

Device(s)
    Nokia N95
    Carrier(s)
    Cellular One
    Feedback Score
    cingulargal, we are one of the company's biggest markets, so thats probably why we get stuff first. im glad we're finally getting the phones at the same time companies like cingular and t mobile get them so we can compete with them...and the pearl is set for an april release, but they didn't give us an exact date yet. i am definitely getting one when we get them though.

Device(s)
    at&t/HTC Tilt/TyTyn II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I know a small rural carrier in central WV under the CellOne brand from Eastbrooke who had the PEBL before we did. And Cingular or T-Mobile had the PEBL way before Dobson got it. Also the w300i was also at Eastbrooke surprisingly before Dobson which is terrible. The V3i had been out for almost a year at Cingular before we were able to get it at the stores. We're still lagging behind everyone else in terms of features. The ringback tones annoying or neat as they may be being out for almost 2-3 years is sad that we are just getting to them on our services, no web TV, no streaming audio or video clips, no downloadable AIM or Yahoo! Messenger services or MSN, and still plans that keep going up in price while signal strength and call reliability goes down the tubes. I went all day yesterday without being able to make or recieve calls with my phone just showing voicemails and I had to check them from my friend's house phone cause everytime I would hold the 1 key to go to voicemail it would tell me Network Busy or Call Failed in my attempts. The Morgantown market is really suffering as it inches to become one of the larger markets esp since its partnering with West Virginia University just 2-3 years ago.
    Last edited by just2584; 02-15-2007 at 11:37 AM.
    VERIZON DSL SUCKS!! Took 3 weeks to turn on and still didn't work correctly til today making it 4 weeks! Now the issue is this: keep Verizon and use the 2 months of free service or stop the hassle of paying for DSL and a phone line Verizon charges by the min to use and get cable TV and internet through Comcast. Same 6 month price for internet ($19.99) just the addition of TV and a set top box that I will use compared to phone line I don't use. Any suggestions is appreciated through PM.

Device(s)
    Nokia N95
    Carrier(s)
    Cellular One
    Feedback Score
    we actually just recently acquired our markets in west virginia so hopefully we are working on improving that area... also we do have aim on most of our phones. i do agree that we should be making more of an effort to provide new technologies to our customers before every other carrier has had them for a year...and trust me i've spoken to plenty of people much more powerful than me about this in meetings and what have you. Another thing to realize is that Cellone/dobson is still a growing company and a lot of the cool features companies like cingular and verizon can offer we are unable to offer immediately because we don't have the customer base or produce the revenue like they do. Progress is being made though, and the company has come a long way in the past few years.

Device(s)
    at&t/HTC Tilt/TyTyn II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Morgantown isn't a new Dobson market in WV so I dunno what your saying when you mention acquire. I know Beckley is new and good luck filling in those gaps left by Highland the service down there is terrible you can't even make a phone call going from the Fayette Co/Nicholas Co line over the New River Gorge Bridge. The only time you can make a call in that area is when you get to the second light and then going through Oak Hill its spotty til Beckley where even there service is sporatic. And just because you say you have AIM on most of the phones don't mean anything. You still can't offer it as a download. Also stop saying RAZR's aren't AIM compatible when your asked just tell them the truth for goodness sakes and say we got crappy phones and you'll have to deal cause we can't offer downloads like that. We all know in this forum RAZR's are AIM compatable heck I found the AIM menu on my CellOne Dobson phone I just can't log in it wants set up. Cingular and T-Mobile both have had AIM for a long while and we all know that we the RAZR made its debut not too long ago AIM was included because it was a normal thing to offer IM services when it came out. What I don't get is why CellOne Dobson got the short end of the stick and got RAZR's that don't have it installed. Heck Motorola even uses the same technology Dobson does to make AIM work. Its one of the things that annoy me. And that last thing you mention is kinda just crap I mean really Cincinatti Bell offered AIM ages ago its a small carrier, so didn't Chinook and those other small ones even SunCom can go in that group because SunCom is most like CellOne Dobson having markets in a few different areas along the east coast. So you can't say revenue is to blame when these companies have to be making less or the same they just knew how to use thier money to their advantage without giving anything up and yes I know SunCom is basically Bankrupt but isn't that mostly cause of the partnership they had with AT&T.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by just2584
    Morgantown isn't a new Dobson market in WV so I dunno what your saying when you mention acquire. I know Beckley is new and good luck filling in those gaps left by Highland the service down there is terrible you can't even make a phone call going from the Fayette Co/Nicholas Co line over the New River Gorge Bridge. The only time you can make a call in that area is when you get to the second light and then going through Oak Hill its spotty til Beckley where even there service is sporatic. And just because you say you have AIM on most of the phones don't mean anything. You still can't offer it as a download. Also stop saying RAZR's aren't AIM compatible when your asked just tell them the truth for goodness sakes and say we got crappy phones and you'll have to deal cause we can't offer downloads like that. We all know in this forum RAZR's are AIM compatable heck I found the AIM menu on my CellOne Dobson phone I just can't log in it wants set up. Cingular and T-Mobile both have had AIM for a long while and we all know that we the RAZR made its debut not too long ago AIM was included because it was a normal thing to offer IM services when it came out. What I don't get is why CellOne Dobson got the short end of the stick and got RAZR's that don't have it installed. Heck Motorola even uses the same technology Dobson does to make AIM work. Its one of the things that annoy me. And that last thing you mention is kinda just crap I mean really Cincinatti Bell offered AIM ages ago its a small carrier, so didn't Chinook and those other small ones even SunCom can go in that group because SunCom is most like CellOne Dobson having markets in a few different areas along the east coast. So you can't say revenue is to blame when these companies have to be making less or the same they just knew how to use thier money to their advantage without giving anything up and yes I know SunCom is basically Bankrupt but isn't that mostly cause of the partnership they had with AT&T.
    It's not about "the short end of the stick." Carriers order their phones to be configured exactly how they want them sold. Dobson didn't have their AIM gateway in place until last spring and therefore couldn't launch any phones with AIM software until the hardware was set up and tested.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    The ringback tones annoying or neat as they may be being out for almost 2-3 years is sad that we are just getting to them on our services, no web TV, no streaming audio or video clips,.....
    If the WV market has a above average or excellent EDGE network then it might be possible to view the streaming media with little hiccups, otherwise it will be a painful ride with a mediocre EDGE network or with GPRS. If you experience any significant trouble placing calls with Dobson then the network isn't even ready for delivering streaming media.

If it's the latter, then Dobson needs to worry about increasing the quality of their voice coverage as opposed to providing streaming media or other services.

Device(s)
    at&t/HTC Tilt/TyTyn II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    With Dobson they have pretty decent coverage around Morgantown and along both interstates into PA and MD. The new takeover area of Beckley, Lewisburg, and Bluefield is in dire need of coverage fillers. I've never seen so many holes in coverage before other than Eastbrooke avoiding major travel routes. Alot of the problem in Morgantown is there are too many people and not enough capacity to handle us all. You have almost 27,000 permanent residents and about the same amount as students at the University its crazy. Today I was attempting my first out call of the day and seemed fine I heard ringing then out of nowhere I get Call Failed/Network Busy and I'm like WTF I've got full service and its the first call I've attempted all day. After 3 attempts I was finally able to send the call. Last night I dropped a call after I left work talking to my mother cause I was in the process of getting a boxspring for my bedroom and while I'm leaving the new shopping centre where I work I lost a call for the first time coming from it to drive accross town to a matress dealer. I attempted to call 611 no luck until I tried again. I could just barely hear the customer service rep. I knew there was a problem when that voice activated thing couldn't find my number or verify my ending SSN. From what I heard she told me to do something and then I heard the word update and it was over. I tried taking the battery out and removing the SIM and it seemed to be helpful at the moment who knows when I'll have that problem again as it seems to become very common.

Device(s)
    at&t/HTC Tilt/TyTyn II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    When will or has CellularOne Dobson recieved new phones to distribute to customers? Also has anyone else gotten some mailer about getting that crappy Samsung X506 phone free with the RAZR for $49.99 and the KRZR for $199.99 inside of it? I'm just curious as I've mentioned to them I am considering switching and I'm curious to know if this is part of a ploy to keep my business or its a mass mailer to those whose contracts are set to expire soon.

Device(s)
    Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    When will or has CellularOne Dobson recieved new phones to distribute to customers? Also has anyone else gotten some mailer about getting that crappy Samsung X506 phone free with the RAZR for $49.99 and the KRZR for $199.99 inside of it? I'm just curious as I've mentioned to them I am considering switching and I'm curious to know if this is part of a ploy to keep my business or its a mass mailer to those whose contracts are set to expire soon.

The newest phone available is the Nokia 6126 which just launched last week. As far as the mailer you recieved, the current promotion is the c416 free after rebate which expires on the 8th of this month. Unfortunetly i don't see what types of mailers go out all the time. But i would have to assume its a mass mailer.

Device(s)
    at&t/HTC Tilt/TyTyn II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    That sucks just one new phone at the moment. Thanks for the mailer info this one says it expires on March 24th so it must be a mass only reason it looked less like a mass mailer was because it has inside "Offer for" and lists my phone number. I hope they get some new exciting phones in soon. I would like to see something along the lines of a smart phone clamshell. Would be a nice addition.

Device(s)
    Nokia N95
    Carrier(s)
    Cellular One
    Feedback Score
    we're set to get the blackberry pearl in the beginning of april and the nokia 6085 is coming sometime soon also, another thing to remember is that cellular one is not as big of company as cingular or t mobile is, so it takes a litttle longer to get the same features as those companies...

Device(s)
    at&t/HTC Tilt/TyTyn II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    That little bit longer is a bit too long for me in too many cases. Maybe CellOne should buy SunCom since there's rumors of it coming up for sale. Be bad for them probably if they did since I think SunCom has more debt than all of America lol. I just want something exciting and something thats gonna offer me some decent features. I would like to get a Slingbox and be able to use a smart phone like a HP iPaq or a clamshell smart that Cingular had or that Verizon has coming out which would be much better for me as I can't understand the use of a Blackberry. I need phone and something to let me watch video and the Slingbox needs something with WMP or something on it. Be nice entertainment for myself since CellOne isn't quite ready to offer streaming radio or music just yet I'd figure the Slingbox application would at least work.

Device(s)
    iPhone4 16gb Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Any ideas on pricing for the Pearl from CellOne? I've got the 7130c now but wouldnt mind having something smaller and lefty friendly.

Device(s)
    iPhone4 16gb Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/160)

Just called into customer care and was told cellone will NOT be getting the BB pearl. As to accuracy of this info I'm not sure. The person I spoke to mentioned that she had seen an email about the pearl and she couldn't remember whether it said they were or were NOT going carry the pearl. She was unable to find the email and places me onhold for a split second and then comes back on the line and tells me she asked one of her coworkers and that person told her that they would NOT be carrying the pearl. Hopefully they're wrong :/

Device(s)
    at&t/HTC Tilt/TyTyn II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thats odd for them to say. I also was told when I called in about my service I told the CSR about what kind of phones I was interested in and that CellOne didn't have them and this guy told me we're getting the Blackberry Pearl when I told him something Blackjack-like and I get told Pearl. So we'll probably hear different answers about the Pearl until it comes time for its official release.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast