Thread: need a t-mobile phone that can restrict calls

Device(s)
    LG ENV 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

need a t-mobile phone that can restrict calls

I would like a phone I can go into the store any buy ...

I need a phone that will restrict calls for people not in my phone book. For example with my Motorola RAZR I can tell it if a number is not in my phone book to reject it. I dont want a Motorola though. I really like the Nokia 6133 but the best I can do is put all my contacts in a certain group and tell the phone not to alert me when non-group members call. But they still show up at missed calls.

Basically im looking for a NON motorola phone that can totally restrict calls from numbers not in my phone book, so that the phone never even rings and the caller is sent directly to voicemail.

Thanks for your help!

Device(s)
    HTC Touch P3452 w/ Moto H12 Pure
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Find a phone with FDN aka Fixed Dial Number. That is the feature you are looking for. Most phones have that feature. Hope this helps.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    my gf's samsung e730 has that feature - its a little older - maybe a year or two older - but it has that feature - have you looked into any of the samsungs? im not sure if the newer ones do it - but at least theyre not motorolas
    the bloggy blog blog blog...

common sense...not so common...
    ----

Device(s)
    HTC G1 - Tmobile
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (just the big pink T for now)
    Feedback Score
    Nokia 6030 has it, I would assume that the 6133 has it too. Look under SECURITY option. You will need to have the PUK2 number to get into the setting (at least that is what it asked me for)

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    fdn or if involves the pin2 or puk2, is the wrong feature. OP wants the incoming calls to be restricted, not the outgoing. that is an excellent feature, but i only have seen that on motos and samsungs.

Feedback Score

Standard Tmobile Default Sim Pins

T-Mobile SIM PIN numbers are set to default values before purchase. If you change your SIM PIN, it is recommended that you keep record of the new PIN in a safe location. T-Mobile cannot retrieve a lost or forgotten SIM PINs.

SIM PIN1: 1234
    SIM PIN2: 5678 (Only available on select phones)

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Almost any smartphone can do this with add-in software. I use Handy Blacklist on my E65 and Advanced Call Manager on my 6682 (both Symbian OS phones) to do this.
    signatures? off.

Device(s)
    MyTouch 3G (not yours)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My Sony-Ericsson K550 can do something similar. I activate call divert, then I add the numbers to the list of acceptable callers. If someone not on the list calls, the phone shows a message that says "Call Diverted", but that's it. It won't ring. I'm not sure of the capabilities of the other manufacturers' phones, not even sure if all SE's can do this, but that's the closest I've seen on a regular phone.
    The views I express belong solely to me and not with the company or the people of which I may be affiliated. That being said, get the hell over it

Device(s)
    iPhone, Android, S60 and many more.
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (Feb 2001-2012, 2013-Present), Verizon LTE 2011-2013, MetroPCS 2013
    Feedback Score
    FDN is very limited. You can only store a few numbers on this allow list, but all the ones off the list would be rejected. S60 phones are definitely the most flexible here. Its a software solution on the phone. There are several of these blacklist type apps. Some can even delete text from specified numbers. Of course this doesn't prevent you from being billed just seeing the calls or messages.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    twitter | Facebook