Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

Thread: Your *ALL-IN-ONE* Moto KRZR K1M Hacking Thread

Device(s)
    X10, BB 9700, BB 9800, N95
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by raddest
    I have read through the entire 30 odd pages back and forth.
    Bitpim recognizes my new V9M ok and have the file system showing.
    Following the Guru's instruction to import ringtones to the Motorola/shared/audio folder, and the message that the folder has been blocked by Telus.
    Is there a workaround for this? If so, please direct me or explain it (simply please as I am a so-so noob...)
    My thanks...

If youre using bitpim, try using another app such as p2kcommander. It'll usually give you access to all folders.

Feedback Score

I did it! Here's how.

I havent read this anywhere, so I will document it for to help other souls.
    As I stated, I was able to read the file directory in the phone, but when Bitpim WOULDN'T see the phone, it was because I had the memory card installed... (Interesting)
    I still am unable to access the directory to load the ringtones, however, I could load the tones to the memory card, and see them on the phone. I did a test on one tone by moving it to the phone from the memory card, then removing the card and looking at it in Bitpim, I could see the file was now in the directory that Telus locked me out of.
    I did the same thing with the rest of my ringtones, and saw them all in that directory, then I (backed up) and deleted the MyToneDB.db file, and re-booted the phone.
    Then I went to my contacts and I can now assign the ringtones to my various contacts.
    I hope this helps others.
    Thanks to all for the pages of great info, and a humble bow to Goldmember, for his contributions.

Feedback Score
    i usualy send ringtone to my k1m by the delete of data file methode(deleting MyToneDB.db only) but since i tryed the seconde one wich i read somewhere here in the thread by deleting both temp and data file ( MyToneDB.db and TmpTneDB.db) now i ca not change the ringtone even when i setup an other one i think there some how a trouble in those files(it ringin always with same one) . can some one help me if possible pls.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I have one of these phones and wanted to save my contacts because I'll be switching phones shortly. What's the best way to transfer the contacts (without transferring each contact as a vcard)?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro w/Energy
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel still???
    Feedback Score
    Use BitPim to back-up your contacts and you can export them or restore them back to your new phone.
    ====================================
    US Cellular Touch Pro 2 on Alltel Network
    ROM: Energy 29022 Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Sense 2.5 Cookie.2.0 Hometab
    Dual-Boot with XDAndroid

Feedback Score

thanks

Thanks a bunch for the input. It sounds great

comparatif simulation assurance vie multisupport - simulation assurance vie ! Les sites de simulation assurance viecomparatif simulation assurance vie multisupport

Device(s)
    Motorola K1m Telus
    Feedback Score

Opera-mini on Telus Prepaid

I have K1m on my Telus Prepaid account.

I plan to install Opera-mini on my K1M. Can anyone confirm that Opera-mini works on Prepaid accounts?

The difference between Telus Prepaid and monthly plans is that Prepaid does not have data connectivity AFAIK.

So, I would like to understand how Opera-mini will connect to Internet and whether or not it work on Telus Prepaid accounts.

Right now, the built-in OpenWave browser connects via a Telus proxy, which is set in WebSessions, which is kind of a WAP connection.

On the other hand, AFAIK, Opera requires a data connection.

So, will Opera bypass the Telus proxy? In other words, with Opera-mini, will proxy server settings in WebSessions become irrelevant?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro w/Energy
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel still???
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rybshikrybshik
    I have K1m on my Telus Prepaid account.

I plan to install Opera-mini on my K1M. Can anyone confirm that Opera-mini works on Prepaid accounts?

The difference between Telus Prepaid and monthly plans is that Prepaid does not have data connectivity AFAIK.

So, I would like to understand how Opera-mini will connect to Internet and whether or not it work on Telus Prepaid accounts.

Right now, the built-in OpenWave browser connects via a Telus proxy, which is set in WebSessions, which is kind of a WAP connection.

On the other hand, AFAIK, Opera requires a data connection.

So, will Opera bypass the Telus proxy? In other words, with Opera-mini, will proxy server settings in WebSessions become irrelevant?
    You need to make a new web session & use it instead of the Telus one and have your own proxy on your PC (most reliability), I use to use HottProxy when needed installed on my Ubuntu machine but it can install on any OS platform, Windows, Mac & Linux. Hope that helps!

Note: I am unsure how Telus would treat that data, set it up and test it out but it may be against your terms of service and they could disconnect you. You have been warned!

Device(s)
    Motorola K1m Telus
    Feedback Score

miniFring and other java-based VoIP apps

Are there any java-based VoIP (SIP) applications for K1m?

Will miniFring work on K1m? If so, where to download the latest version of miniFring in jar format?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Motorola K1m Telus
    Feedback Score

Looking for streaming audio player (java-based) for k1m

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro w/Energy
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel still???
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rybshikrybshik
    If you set the seems right you can stream with the internal player from clicking on a link in the interal browser or that is what I discovered. I will check but I think there is a J2ME that will stream...try google.

Device(s)
    Motorola K1m Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerKeller_jr
    If you set the seems right you can stream with the internal player from clicking on a link in the interal browser or that is what I discovered. I will check but I think there is a J2ME that will stream...try google.
    As far as I understand you, you were able to listen streaming audio without any additional Java/J2ME programs. Correct?

Which seem(s) are you referring to?

As for Java/J2ME programs, I did Google a lot and tried almost all existing ones: mwebplayer, 'VrClient', Lavella, RadioBee, Glassplayer, Majiplayer.

All of the above ones either do not install or do not work

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

How to lock out music player button (or entire Java music player)?

I searched this thread but can't find any mention of this issue.

I have a Telus K1m, and I don't use the music player, and I especially don't want it launching unintentionally, so I locked the Music & Media app. This seemed to solve the problem but I've just discovered that if you hold the music player button on the side of the phone for long enough (10s?) -- or in my case if something in your pocket holds it for long enough -- it still launches the Java music player app. (Worse, there's no quick way to stop it...)

How can I prevent this from happening, either by locking out the button completely, or by preventing the Java music player from launching?

Thanks.

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62