Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sprint added More than 3000 Towers in 2006

Device(s)
    i880
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    It's new sites. Mods at existing sites are NOT part of this number.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Have a link to that?

Cause I honestly don't believe it. No offense.

Device(s)
    Motorola i580
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    1600 of those 3000 new sites were iDEN.

Device(s)
    i880
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drchaps
    Have a link to that?

Cause I honestly don't believe it. No offense.

I could care less if you believe it. Why would a mod count as a new site?
    Last edited by mmdstech; 01-09-2007 at 11:44 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Jrip,

Are you saying the 1600 were CDMA installs on iDen towers? Or are you saying 1600 new Nextel towers were added? Or that 1600 iDen installs were on CDMA towers?

MMDS,

Simple Marketing 101. I would employ it here to spin it whatever way I could for a positive in public. When you are losing customers like they are you need to display physical numbers to impress. If they didn't add modded sites in that article, I sure would have because its numbers, and whenever people see numbers they associate it with performance.

It's like Yahoo was used in the Apple announcement today with the iPhone. At one point Jobs said that Yahoo had a quarter of a billion e-mail accounts. That's pretty freakin' impressive isn't it? If people knew that maybe half of them actually used it (instead of having to keep it for other Yahoo services), I think it wouldn't sound nearly as impressive and would turn people off to the announcement.

Always been a business geek first and a techie second. Just how I look at things.
    Last edited by drchaps; 01-10-2007 at 07:51 AM.

Device(s)
    Motorola i580
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    As of the end of Q3 2006 1600 new iDEN sites were built, so I should have said "at least 1600". This year about 5000 more new sites are going up, if my memory serves correctly. I do believe about 2000 of these are to be iDEN sites. For the next 2-3 years we should be seeing about 2000 (on average) new iDEN sites each year. The iDEN network is expanding still, but the CDMA network is growing faster, because there are many areas that are covered by iDEN but not the CDMA network. SN cannot grow the iDEN network too fast either, remember the CDMA side has allot of catching up to do already. With the goal being equal coverage by the end of 2008 or there about.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jrip
    As of the end of Q3 2006 1600 new iDEN sites were built, so I should have said "at least 1600". This year about 5000 more new sites are going up, if my memory serves correctly. I do believe about 2000 of these are to be iDEN sites. For the next 2-3 years we should be seeing about 2000 (on average) new iDEN sites each year. The iDEN network is expanding still, but the CDMA network is growing faster, because there are many areas that are covered by iDEN but not the CDMA network. SN cannot grow the iDEN network too fast either, remember the CDMA side has allot of catching up to do already. With the goal being equal coverage by the end of 2008 or there about.
    I know that in my immediate area (around Indialantic, FL) they have added two IDEN sites (actually, one is getting added as we speak) within 3 miles of each other. I might just switch one of my lines to IDEN if this keeps up.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry® Curve™ 8350i
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL. Done.™│
    Feedback Score

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by jrip
    1600 of those 3000 new sites were iDEN.
    I hate Sprint. They didn't add towers in Puerto Rico which is part of the US http://207.218.242.35/default/images/icons/icon8.gif

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jzvi12
    I hate Sprint. They didn't add towers in Puerto Rico which is part of the US http://207.218.242.35/default/images/icons/icon8.gif
    Man, this thread should have been left buried.

Device(s)
    LG G6, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jzvi12
    So is Wyoming and Montana, it doesn't look like they added any towers there either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2