Page 1 of 83 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackjack tips/tricks/hacks/etc

Device(s)
    BB 9810 is primary
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Blackjack tips/tricks/hacks/etc

Thought I would start this one since it got released.

My questions:

1. What is the big difference in Xpress mail and POP3 email, other than paying for xpress? Is one better than the other?

2. Is there a "Leave Mail on Server" option hiding someplace? Or do I have to synch email with my laptop to make sure I have it all in one place? It appears that if I delete mail from the BJ, then it doesn't show up on my laptop.

3. Tech support is helpless. They know very little about this one.

Device(s)
    BlackJack...21 every time baby!
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular 3G
    Feedback Score
    Is the only way to close out of an application OFFICIALLY to use the task manager. If im on a page in IE and I hit the end call button to go back to the home screen, Task manager says it is still running in the background. Same thing holds true for WMP. How do i quit out so its not using memory/processor time. There is no option in the menu field.

Thanks!
    -Evan

Device(s)
    5800x, iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Tried a couple times to get MB to work but no go.
    Last edited by Ghettopops; 11-16-2006 at 06:16 PM.

Device(s)
    5800x, iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Opera mini works fine on Blackjack

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettopops
    Opera mini works fine on Blackjack
    if call clicking yes for permision to send data everytime,.,, then yes it works great!

Feedback Score
    Some notes:

You can adjust the brightness of the screen in Settings.
    Pressing and holding the Home button brings up the task manager
    pressing and holding the jog dial brings up a list of apps
    pressing the power button brings up the quicklist

And Voice Command 1.6 works on the Blackjack. So for all those dissappointed about no voice dialing, you now have an excellent option. Voice Command rocks.
    I find that believing the universe spontaneously generated, developed self-governing laws, and produced intelligent life all by random, purposeless, material events requires greater faith than I am able to muster.

Device(s)
    Samsung Blackjack
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iJITSU
    Some notes:

You can adjust the brightness of the screen in Settings.
    Pressing and holding the Home button brings up the task manager
    pressing and holding the jog dial brings up a list of apps
    pressing the power button brings up the quicklist

And Voice Command 1.6 works on the Blackjack. So for all those dissappointed about no voice dialing, you now have an excellent option. Voice Command rocks.

You waited and waited and whined and now it is here! Voice Command not only now officially runs on our Smartphones, it also supports Bluetooth headsets. It's not cheap, $39.99. I have found from its first incarnation that it has always been a good application. However it doesn't seem to work on the BlackJack. Sad

Device(s)
    IPhone 8GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Okay for all my current Sling box users, here is a workaround until there is a beta version for this smartphone orginally posted by TriNe0 @ slingboxes web forum (sorry TriNe0 I couldnt wait to share the news)

It seems the issue is that the sling player doesn't properly support the native resolution of the BlackJack's screen (320x240) (TriNe0 figured this out because I could see the video when TriNe0 pressed the menu button...). Here's what you need to do:

1. Launch sling mobile player but do not connect

2. click on Menu > Player Options > Encoding

3. Scroll down, and uncheck "auto resolution mode"

4. Change the video resolution to "160x120"

5. Hit OK...and you're set!

The downside is that, unless you view in full screen, the size of the image is real small... But watching it in full screen should be fine... and hopefully the picture quality will improve if Sling can get this to work in 320x240...

Tested and it does work and allow you to get a full screen ( a little blurry) but a bigger screen nonetheless.

Device(s)
    BB Bold 8900 (work)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner1
    You waited and waited and whined and now it is here! Voice Command not only now officially runs on our Smartphones, it also supports Bluetooth headsets. It's not cheap, $39.99. I have found from its first incarnation that it has always been a good application. However it doesn't seem to work on the BlackJack. Sad
    Gunner1, I have it up and running on the Blackjack, as do othes, without a hitch. I've used this since it came out in PPC and hacked it onto a 3125 and this is the most accurate version I've used. There's a thread over in smartphone about some tips to help the installation go smoothly.

Device(s)
    Samsung Blackjack
    Carrier(s)
    CING
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sp887
    Okay for all my current Sling box users, here is a workaround until there is a beta version for this smartphone orginally posted by TriNe0 @ slingboxes web forum (sorry TriNe0 I couldnt wait to share the news)
    Awesome. Can't wait to try this out. Thanks for the info. (and thanks to TriNe0!)

-T

Feedback Score
    Glad I could help! I was a little worried that I'd have to wait weeks or months to finally take full advantage of my Slingbox!!! Hopefully Sling will get a new Beta out for us BlackJack users to fixed this issue permanently!

I know it's only been one day...but I love this phone... I tried the Moto Q when it first came out...and was terribly disappointed with the quality of the device (I returned it after just 3 days). Seems like the BlackJack is a keeper!

Device(s)
    IPhone 8GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Check ou tmy new post of it in action!!! Again TriNe0, thanks.

Device(s)
    A lot of them....
    Feedback Score
    Another cool feature: Hold down message key to turn off backlight on screen.

Device(s)
    5800x, iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Is there any way to power down to stand by without turning it off or clicking more than 1 Button?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner1
    You mean YOUR version doesn't work, correct? 1.6 works great on the Blackjack so I'm assuming you mean an older version.

Page 1 of 83 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast