Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Telus Lg Chocolate And Mp3 Ringtones Is Possible

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    i was able to get to it no problem. it should be second from the bottom. bottom being log then filesystem. its on the left hand side with the latest version of bitpim.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueZee28
    I got my Chocolate tonight and I just installed that bitpim program, but I can't find the "file system" folder in Step #1...I installed the latest version of the program and it's pissing me off royally lol. Did anyone else have a hard time using that program or is it just me?
    You might have to turn on the filesystem view...

under the "View" menu, make sure "View Filesystem" is checked.

Feedback Score
    I just want to thank 5150studios for his instructions on how to add ringtones. Man I looked for days on how to do this so from me and I am sure lots of People
    THANK YOU

Device(s)
    Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I was just hoping to save you all a little bit of money. It is possible to send ringtones to your phone using the phone's bluetooth features. Here is a breif description how:

Download BlueSoleil at http://www.bluesoleil.com/download/index.asp (this is a trial version however).

Launch BlueSoleil and do a device discovery. Set your LG chocolate into descovery mode. When your phone appears in the program, pair it with your computer. Then right click on your phone in the program and select "refresh services". You then want to connect to the Bluetooth Serial Port service. Note which port BlueSoleil uses (mine defaulted to bluetooth com port 5). When you launch bitpim use this port in the phone connection settings. Then proceed as you would with a usb data cable.

If anyone gets stuck on this let me know, I can repost with pictures and a better step by step guide.

(Note: I am unsure as to if BlueSoleil is compatible with all bluetooth hardware. I first learned about this program while setting up my Nintendo Wii remote to work as a computer mouse ! )

Feedback Score

dear 5150studios quick question.

I followed all your steps and it worked like a beaut. BUT... at the end when my music was in the mds file and i clicked send, and my phone did the key tone beeps and all and had eveything pop up, and pressed continue as well. I checked in my phone ringtone menu and the songs are nowhere to be found in there or anywhere on my phone... please help.

Feedback Score

nevermid.

nevermind. im sorry lol figured out my own mistake ! i guess... but thanks anywho !!! ur the best 5010studios keep rocking it !

Device(s)
    LG Chocolate VX8500
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LGuser14
    I followed all your steps and it worked like a beaut. BUT... at the end when my music was in the mds file and i clicked send, and my phone did the key tone beeps and all and had eveything pop up, and pressed continue as well. I checked in my phone ringtone menu and the songs are nowhere to be found in there or anywhere on my phone... please help.
    did you restart your phone? remember to restart everytime after you make any changes for the changes to come in effect.

Feedback Score

ahh yea

ahh yes i did pooey. thank you though.

Feedback Score

nvm

Nvm im slow....
    Last edited by Comte; 12-21-2006 at 12:31 AM.

Feedback Score
    Will 5150's guide copy mp3 files to the phones built in memory or to an external microSD?

Device(s)
    LG VX8500 Chocolate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Missing mds folder

I succeeded in opening my phone in bitpim, but when i expanded the filesystem, the mds folder didn't show up. Any explainations?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    you're on verizon. look for mr.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mundaine
    Will 5150's guide copy mp3 files to the phones built in memory or to an external microSD?
    It copies them to internal memory

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tokes
    It copies them to internal memory
    Thanks. I also found a way to copy it to the external memory on bitpims site.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold
    Carrier(s)
    ICE
    Feedback Score
    I was able to get my filesystem with BT-DIAG using Serial port on my MAC. I see the MDS directory. However, when trying to send data, I get a popup error something like "Phone is not excepting changes to filesystem"...

I'm guessing this is the crap Telus Bluetooth block ? Dammit! So close yet so far!

Can anyone help me out? Or am I forced to get a USB cable?

I have 12 days to return this...

--------
    updated: oh wait, something positive IS happening...i seem to be receiving partial clips of the mp3, at first a 1 sec, now i have about 3 secs, ... what gives though? How come it aint' writing the whole file ( i do get that "phone not accepting changes to filesystem" yet i do seem to be getting it partially... argh!!
    Last edited by lanlan; 12-28-2006 at 08:03 PM.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast