Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have problems with the Prophet / S200 / Jamin / Neo ?

Device(s)
    Nexus S, Huawei U1250, iPhone 4, Motorola A1200, Qtek S200,Nokia 3360, Sony T310, Ericsson T28,PF768
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score

Anyone have problems with the Prophet / S200 / Jamin / Neo ?

Just wondering how this device holds up in the long-run. I know it seems most people here switch phones after just half a year, but I was wondering if there are any problems creeping up like battery life, failures, etc...

I put an order for one, but I can still cancel it in a couple days... please post any problems you've found here!

Feedback Score
    My Qtek S200 has worked flawlessly since Day 1 back in early May. This is one of the best devices on the market!

Device(s)
    Samsung Jack
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    My JAMin is working great. First one I got was DOA (constant reboots ~5min uptime) but was replaced promptly (superiorgadgets.com).

Device(s)
    32gb iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Telcel
    Feedback Score
    Its easily one of the top 3 phones on my allstar list : Universal (1) JaMin (2) TyTN (3)

Device(s)
    SoftBank X01HT (InUse)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    mine had a small dead spot on the screen, in the 9 PDA's ive had, ive NEVER had a problem with the touch screen, i guess my luck ran out with the jamin, it also reboots from time to time but its rare and i think its one of the programs on my pda has been OC'd for a long time so that maybe it.

my pda was repaired by Teleservice in germany, $100CDN shipping ONE WAY!!!!!

Carrier(s)
    Rogers/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    hey, question for u s200 owners. since this sucker has a 200mhz process, how is it working out so far, since u guys are power users and all.
    Underground Inventive, Overground Effective.

Device(s)
    32gb iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Telcel
    Feedback Score
    the JaMIn also has a 200 omap and never ever had issues although im not a power user , but im a WA and WAD junkie and believe that can be fatal on some pda's but everything works great !!

Carrier(s)
    Rogers/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    hmph..cmon dude..ur def a power user...i do alot of remote desktop and streaming..and damn...its a pain in the *** on my kjam...but i want the s200 as a sidekick to my kjam before i make the plunge to the tytn when the price drops.

Device(s)
    SoftBank X01HT (InUse)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    its not bad, but i went from a Dell Axim X30H 624MHz CPU to a crappy 200MHz TI, i lost alot of functionality, mostly games, skype runs like poo even with registry hacks and OC. most things load slow, streets and trips updates hella slow. but i guess im still happy because my axim sucked *** on battery life, i only got like 2 hours use lol

the CPU sucks at playing xvid too unless all xvid is reencoded to QVGA res, then it runs perfect. my dell axim could play xvid at 720x480 and it would work flawlessly.

GPS maps just update slow but its still well with in the usability range.

if you are deciding weather or not to buy this device, i would say no, it is an older unit and came out at the very begining of this year, it was already replaced by other devices. i would wait untill HTC ditchs the S260 and P3300 and replaces those 2 with something respectable.

Device(s)
    HTC Magic (32A) / Nokia E55
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    The prophet is probably the same, speed wise, to k-jam. I much prefer my TyTN with the faster processor, but for most of the things I do with it, the prophet was just fine, even if slower.

I've had mine (dopod 818pro) since first week of January, and never had any issues with it, hardware or other. I've seen some people had problems with the dopod in the begining and had to replace screen digitizers for example, but I never had any problems, all worked fine from day one and still going good.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    thx for the info..i was hoping to get a side device until the tytn price drops as my kjam with the 200mhz is just not working out. good thing i still have an ax x50v with me..other than the processor speed..love the form factor of the s200..
    Last edited by Ecksx; 11-01-2006 at 02:09 PM.

Device(s)
    SoftBank X01HT (InUse)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    oh ok if you have an X50v yeah the jamin is perfect, any games or CPU intensive stuff you can use a REAL pda. the only thing i miss is the intel xscale compatibility

with the jamin there is only 1 IR remote that i know of that works with TI CPU's (and it works good actually)

with the xscale, ALL IR remotes work, some remotes only support xscale. so theres also a compatibility thing. most other ARM apps work flawlessly though

Carrier(s)
    Rogers/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    yeah..i hear ya on that...i can keep the x50v for the cpu intensive tasks...hmph..the s200 eh...

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Feedback Score
    I've had my S200 since May or so, and it is still running flawlessly.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Cruise
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Cingular
    Feedback Score

Dopod 818 Pro

I've had my Dopod 818 Pro since December '05.

All things considered, I've been very pleased with it with the exception of the external speaker. I had to have it replaced back in August.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast