Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: eBay buyers beware : GSM Unlimited

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

eBay buyers beware : GSM Unlimited

Against my better judgement I bid on a P990 on eBay from a seller named GSM Unlimited. Talk about a nightmare. They've repeatedly lied about having shipped my phone, failed to provide a tracking number, are inconsistent in responding to emails and phone calls and have been generally rude when they do. This seller hides behind vague language and slippery logic. Avoid at all costs.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    UPDATE: Alas, two weeks to the day I received a full refund for the P990 I bid on with GSM Unlimited on eBay. It took multiple phone calls, multiple emails and a claim filed with PayPal but it's been corrected. Talk about a pain in the neck.

Device(s)
    HTC Kaiser (TyTN II)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    whoa..i bidded a few p990 from them..luckily i didnt win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shockdaddyd
    Against my better judgement I bid on a P990 on eBay from a seller named GSM Unlimited. Talk about a nightmare. They've repeatedly lied about having shipped my phone, failed to provide a tracking number, are inconsistent in responding to emails and phone calls and have been generally rude when they do. This seller hides behind vague language and slippery logic. Avoid at all costs.

Did you say "call"? I cant even find a phone number for these jerks. Took forever to get the phone and its not working like it should. Any help in locating a # would be appreciated. Thanks so much

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've long since parted with that information. But, if my memory serves, I found the phone number on their Square Trade account profile.

The way I got them to act was filing every complaint I coiuld -- with eBay, Square Trade and PayPal. Then I called, called and called -- leaving many messages. Also, I spammed them with as many complaints as I could muster.

They're scum.

I wish you luck. Please report back on what happens.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just remembered one other thing...

I found the name and phone number of the web designer that built their eBay pages. Some crafty sluething helped -- maybe it will work for you as well. That person has a phone number in NYC as well.

Device(s)
    V800 / Z800i / Z600 / P910i / P990i / Xperia X1i/X2/ Nokia N8
    Carrier(s)
    GSM & UMTS worldwide
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Or just request the user info from ebay!
    ({º·.¸{¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨}¸.·º})
    «.·°·. World_Goods .·°·.»
    ({¸.·º{¸.·¨* *¨·.¸}º·.¸})

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. I found a phone number but when we called the mailbox was full. ( full of complaints Im sure). We filed a complaint with ebay. I hope that shows some results. Thanks for all your help.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by world_goods
    Or just request the user info from ebay!

They aren't always cooperative in such matters despite the fact that they should be. When I purchased a P990i From this same seller, eBay gave me the middle finger. Since that experience I won't be buying expensive items off eBay any longer. There's too much fraud and eBay doesn't give a rip.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesbaby99
    Thanks for the info. I found a phone number but when we called the mailbox was full. ( full of complaints Im sure). We filed a complaint with ebay. I hope that shows some results. Thanks for all your help.

In my case an eBay comlaint did nothing to help. It took a complaint with PayPal and a payment dispute along with several (as in forty or fifty) phone calls to get action. They said they'd return my money if I withdrew my complaint. The underlying message being they're getting hit with a lot of fraud accusations -- mine included -- and aren't liking the heat.

I found two phone numbers for them and I called them both. If I were you I'd stay on these guys. They won't come to you and their 'service' is the worst I've seen on eBay.

Good luck.

Feedback Score

Gsm

I read these posts too late, but I've had the same experience. Can we approach ebay and/or the seller en masse to get this stopped?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    eBay won't do anything. Being a pain in the arse and filing complaints is your best option. The PayPal request for a refund was my most effective tool.

Feedback Score
    Too bad about ebay...seems their rep isn't being enhanced enough to off set all the $2.50 fees this guy must be paying...

Feedback Score

GSM Unlimited really SUCKS!

These guys are scumbags. The phone did not work upon receipt. I emailed constantly for information on how to send back. After a month, I initiated a complaint through Paypal. I got my money back. I even kept my end of the bargain (what I had promised in my offer through Paypal) and left neutral feedback. These guys left negative feedback for me. I responded on my account. Then, they responded on the very last day they could - so I could not respond to their second comment. Totally scummy!

I'm going to be contacting the attorney general's office about these guys.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Sorry to hear about your experiences with GSM Unlimited. As you now know, they're less than ethical.

If I were you I'd forget the Atty General. Truth is the AG is every bit the scum bag that GSM Unlimited is. Also, since in the end there was no financial loss, they won't do anything. You'll just get your blood pressure up. Trust me, I did the same.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast