Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: DontForget (Missed SMS,MMS,Call,e-mail etc. reminder) and more...

Device(s)
    HTC Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It does however seem to use alot of memory.....
    Omega2008 | Windows Mobile Guru

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8220
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    That's true - I lost ~1 meg, even installing it on the storage card.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceClortho
    That's true - I lost ~1 meg, even installing it on the storage card.
    According to Task Manager, my 3125 has 20,524 KB of free memory. Is it risky to try out DontForget in terms of enough memory?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8220
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenoako
    According to Task Manager, my 3125 has 20,524 KB of free memory. Is it risky to try out DontForget in terms of enough memory?
    Are you going to Task Manager>Menu>6 (System Info) to get that number? You should look there under free storage memory to figure out how much you have

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Are you going to Task Manager>Menu>6 (System Info) to get that number? You should look there under free storage memory to figure out how much you have
    You were right, I was not going far enough. According to sys info I have 62.81 mg storage memory free and 22.11 mb program memory free.

Could you help me with his installation instructions? I copy the contents of the beta zip folder to my storage card in a new folder in Program Files. Then how do I activate the program? And once it is installed how do I include it in the start menu so it is active when I boot up every morning?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Xenoako; 10-19-2006 at 07:55 PM.

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

missed call

I downloaded the dontforget software. I can't get it to use a wav. file that I made as a missed call alert. It only vibrates. I can't even use the regular reminder option to let me use any music file as a missed call alert.What software can I use to have different backgrounds?. Thank you

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8220
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenoako
    You were right, I was not going far enough. According to sys info I have 62.81 mg storage memory free and 22.11 mb program memory free.

Could you help me with his installation instructions? I copy the contents of the beta zip folder to my storage card in a new folder in Program Files. Then how do I activate the program? And once it is installed how do I include it in the start menu so it is active when I boot up every morning?

Thanks.
    Use File Explorer to click on the DontForgetAdmin Program to configure the settings and get it going.

To get DontForgetAdmin and DontForget file into the start menu, do the following:

Plug your phone in and sync it.
    Click Explore in ActiveSync.
    Navigate to the program.
    Right-Click it and Create Shortcut.
    Rename the shortcut to be something more friendly.
    Right-Click the shortcut....click CUT.
    Navigate to Windows/StartMenu
    Paste the shortcut there.

To have it start-up automatically when you boot, place the shortcut for DontForget (not Admin) in the Windows/StartUp folder

Hope this helps.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for taking time to help.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It seems that Dont Forget often turns off my Cingular 3125 when I reboot. I turned it off every night and it takes a long time now to boot up and more than once noticed that the phone was turned off.
    Is that a bug of the beta?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I don't understand why we are limited in editing a message. I tried to edit the last one but because the edit button was there but after writing it was taken to a page that said it was over the 120 minute mark. So I apologize for 3, yes 3, messages in a row. I can't get used to not being able to edit a message when there is no response to my post.
    Anyway, before seeing the instructions by VinceClortho I had done essentially the same thing (copy/paste rather than cut/paste and not rename) but only copied the shortcut to the StartUp menu. I have now followed the posted instructions and have shortcuts in both StartMenu and StartUp folder and can't tell any difference in the way the program performs.
    So is this extra shortcut needed? Does it make a difference in how the program performs? I can't tell any difference in the boot up time, how the features work (although my phone was one when I did the soft boot), or the amount of free memory.

Feedback Score
    How exactly to you navigate to the Windows/StartMenu? I can't seem to find that anywhere when using the "explore" feature in activesync.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I am not setup at the moment to go through details, but one way is to use the file Explorer in the phone itself. The other way would be to use explore device while connected then click on the device which will show you the folders.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8220
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gauge17
    How exactly to you navigate to the Windows/StartMenu? I can't seem to find that anywhere when using the "explore" feature in activesync.
    You need to make sure that in Windows Exporer you're showing "Hidden Files". You should be able to find it then.

As to the difference between placing the shortcut in Start menu and StartUp, I beleive, but am not absolutely positive, that Start Menu just places it visually in the menu, and StartUp will acutally run the program when you boot up the phone. That is the way it's worked for me.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    As to the difference between placing the shortcut in Start menu and StartUp, I beleive, but am not absolutely positive, that Start Menu just places it visually in the menu, and StartUp will acutally run the program when you boot up the phone. That is the way it's worked for me.
    Yes, I see you are right again.

So I decided to delete the shortcut in the Start Menu to dontforget.exe to the adm.exe and now when I click on the icon I can easily manage the prefereances.
    Last edited by Xenoako; 10-26-2006 at 10:52 AM.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    When I put the adm.exe in the Start Menu I left the shortcut to the dontforget.exe in the Start Up folder but unlike when I had just the latter this time DontForget did not work. So I just removed the shortcut in the Start Menu since unless I can get the icon of the admin.exe file there it is no use to me.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast