Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NAM Programming Settings for Verizon

Feedback Score

NAM Programming Settings for Verizon

Hi, I've read through these forums quite a bit and I'm still having trouble. Here is my situation, I lost my verizon phone about a week ago only a few months into my 2-yr contract - I don't have insurance and don't want to pay $200 for a new phone. My previous phone was a nokia 6015i, so I bought the exact same model at walmart, but it is set up for prepaid alltel. Anyways, I plugged in the esn for the alltel phone on verizon's website, and it accepted it and gave instructions to dial *228. When i did that on my phone i kept getting alltel's message. I tried *228(00-05), but didn't work. Then I did *3001#12345# and got into the Nam menu, but everything was locked out (it asked for spc i think, and all zeros didn't work) -- somewhere else i found a command for a hard reset -- now i can change all the values in the menu, cdma primary a, b, amps, sid/nid, country code, mid, min, etc , etc. Right now i get no network signal, so my feeling is that i just need the proper verizon settings to connect to a verizon tower. again, verizon has already accepted the esn for the phone. Sorry for the long post, but I've talked to verizon on the phone and at the store and they have not been helpful. If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated. I just like learning how this stuff works too so that kind of help is great too. thanks

Phones
    HTC Dream - Unlocked/Rooted
    Sony Ericson onboard 3G data card - Unlocked
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I can help you set everything up, but it requires using your phone number and a bit more information. Contact me on AIM, and I'll help you with manual activation.
    If you really expect an interesting signature, look elsewhere ...
    - AT&T *really* amazed me, but their spotty 3G network lost me.

Phones
    Centro X 2, Blackberry
    Moto X Droid
    Treo 680,V3 ATT
    Carriers
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    I don't mean to sound rude, but I would have went onto Ebay and bought a V60S for $30 and then got the V60I antenna for $10. You'd have a rock solid phone with loud speaker,etc. If you could take the phone back to Wal-mart (which you should be able to) then I'd do the Ebay thing. Just my opinion.
    Acts 17:27
    "His purpose in all of this was that the nations would seek after GOD and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him-though he is not far from any of us"

By the way, there is absolutely NOTHING in the Constitution about "Separation of Church and State"! This is Fact!!

Article one was to keep Government out of religion, not Religion out of Government!!!

Phone
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The only way to get that phone working right was to go through the activation process through Alltel's Simple Freedom site and stop after they gave you the MSL. Then you would change the MSL to all zeros. Verizon requires the MSL to be all zero's.

Without changing it OTA programming would still work, but it would only work once. After that all future OTA updates wouldn't work because of the lock.

By doing the hard reset, you permanently messed up the phone. I know, I've done it twice. By doing the hard reset, you wiped out the PRL, ERI, etc. You can manually program all the NAM settings, but it still won't work. I suggest you buy another one and go through the process as I outline above or as previously suggested, try ebay. Additionally, you can attempt to ask a Verizon corp store to flash the 6015i firmware and a Verizon PRL/ERI into that phone.
    Last edited by frail; 10-03-2005 at 01:20 PM.

Phones
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    ^- Actually, I think he could still do it. Once the phones SPC is set back to 000000 it can be programmed again. You just need to set the security code to 000000 once your in NAM programming.

Phone
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic McTails
    ^- Actually, I think he could still do it. Once the phones SPC is set back to 000000 it can be programmed again. You just need to set the security code to 000000 once your in NAM programming.
    If he used the code *#7370# for the hard reset then the PRL's toast. I've done exactly what he did twice. Manually programming it won't fix it. I did this with two Alltel Simple Freedom Nokia 3587i's before I figured it out. He would need a Verizon PRL flashed into the phone.
    Last edited by frail; 10-03-2005 at 01:28 PM.

Phones
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    ^- Right, but it reactivates the SPC. If he sets SPC Forbid (something all Motorolas and my samsung had), it should prevent the SPC from being erased an a MSL from being overwritten. Once he manually sets the NAM, *228, option 1 can be used. I haven't owned one of these phones since Alltel isn't available in my market.

Feedback Score
    thanks for the responses,
    yah, i used the *#7370# code. the big 80 entry sid/nid list is empty.

questions:
    if i got another phone and went through the alltel process at what point would i get a msl?
    would they even call it an msl and how many digits should it have?
    how do i change the msl?
    after this, how do i prevent *228 from going to alltel instead of verizon?

Also, should all verizon stores be able to flash the phone? I asked the local verizon store about "flashing" the phone earlier today and the guy just said 'no, we don't do that.'

Phones
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You can still attempt manual activation. Does it ask for a code, or is that code 000000? If so, it should work, you just need to manually activate and pull a PRL.

Feedback Score
    it doesn't ask for a code -- i can type in *3001#12345# to get into the nam menu and i set the spc to 000000, but it never asks me for it

Phone
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic McTails
    ^- Right, but it reactivates the SPC. If he sets SPC Forbid (something all Motorolas and my samsung had), it should prevent the SPC from being erased an a MSL from being overwritten. Once he manually sets the NAM, *228, option 1 can be used. I haven't owned one of these phones since Alltel isn't available in my market.
    *228 can't be used if his phone is searching for service the whole time. That's what's going on here. The hard reset erased his PRL. He needs a PRL flashed into the phone to get it to see a Verizon SID so he can get *228 to work. Setting a SID in the NAM won't work in this situation. I've tried it.
    Last edited by frail; 10-03-2005 at 03:11 PM.

Phone
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kudzoo
    thanks for the responses,
    yah, i used the *#7370# code. the big 80 entry sid/nid list is empty.

questions:
    if i got another phone and went through the alltel process at what point would i get a msl?
    would they even call it an msl and how many digits should it have?
    how do i change the msl?
    after this, how do i prevent *228 from going to alltel instead of verizon?

Also, should all verizon stores be able to flash the phone? I asked the local verizon store about "flashing" the phone earlier today and the guy just said 'no, we don't do that.'
    Yes you would get an MSL from Alltel. It's six digits, I don't remember what they call it though. You'll know it when you get to that screen. You will be assigned a local number through Alltel, but don't worry about it. It will expire in 60 days I believe. Once you get the MSL do *3001#12345# enter the MSL Alltel gave you if prompted, then scroll down to "Change SPC". Change it to six Zero's and you're all set. Change the ESN online, manually program the NAM(*228 won't work if your phone number is all zeros) and then do a *22801 to get on a B-side Verizon system to OTA program the phone and PRL. Just make sure you change the MSL before you do anything else. If *228 before you change the MSL your phone will lock the first time you do it and you won't be able to OTA update it again.
    Last edited by frail; 10-03-2005 at 03:13 PM.

Phone
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    And hey, let me know if there's a menu option called Minibrowser or something like that. I may buy one of those myself if it does. The Verizon version didn't which is why I didn't keep it. But the User Guide for the Alltel one says there is.

Feedback Score
    frail:
    new phone, got the msl from alltel, changed spc to zeroes, changed MID and MIN, when i dial *22801, i get a busy signal

should i try other *228's ?

Phones
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That, or the activation system is down, though it's almost always 01.

You can can try 00 to 04 which are the cellular bands, and that should be it.

Also, I heard *#BROSWER# might turn on the minibroswer, but I don't remember where I read that, and I'm not even sure it's for that phone. As for manual activation, try the following once the phyone is unlocked:

MIM/MDM: Your phonenumber as (8005551212)
    CDMA ID/SID: It's usually 22
    AMPS ID: 22

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast