View Poll Results: Net 10 vs. Virgin Mobile

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Net 10

2 25.00%
  • Virgin Mobile

6 75.00%

Thread: Which prepaid service is better Virgin Mobile or Net10?

Phone
    Amp'd Mobile RAZR
    Carrier
    Amp'd Mobile
    Feedback Score

Which prepaid service is better Virgin Mobile or Net10?

which one is better Net10 or Virgin Mobile?

Phones
    T-Mobile G1
    Blackberry Pearl 8120 (sold)
    T-Mobile Shadow(traded the 3rd replacement for a BB)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't know much about Net10, but I had a good experience with Virgin Mobile. I suggest T-Mobile To Go, though. They give you the most for your money. But you should go to each of their websites and compare them.

Quote Originally Posted by jherre6
    Look, I am a mobile phone pro... My title says so...
    So take that...

Phone
    Kyocera K9
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just activated my K9 Virgin Mobile phone. I've been studying the various prepaid plans the past few months and decided between VM and Net10. What swayed my decision towards VM was the flexibility on the payments, $20 every 90 days, compared to Net10. With Net10, at a minimum, you're sort of stuck with $30 every 30 days. Yes, I know you can buy more expensive cards with longer expiration dates and the minutes roll over. What if you use only $10 in a particular month? With Net10 you still have to dish out a minimum of $30 to keep your account.

Plus from what I've read in the VM forum, you can switch your plan from the traditional 25/10 (25 cent for the 10 minutes then 10 cents per minute) to 35/10 (35 cents per day plus 10 cents per minute, if you talk alot. I haven't ask the VM CS about the 35/10 plan yet.

Before deciding on a particular plan, make sure you're in the coverage zone.
    Last edited by VWDiesel; 04-20-2005 at 01:11 AM.

Phone
    Nokia 3595
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Those Net10 rates are so high that for most people postpaid would make more sense.

Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
    Phone
    HTC One M8/Samsung Galaxy Note 3/Nokia Lumia 521
    Carrier
    AT&T/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    bump...any new thoughts on this topic?

Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score

Which prepaid service is better Virgin Mobile or Net10?

Coverage wise, people I've known seemed to have much better coverage with net10.
    Running too many phones

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhere View Post
    Coverage wise, people I've known seemed to have much better coverage with net10.
    Yeah, I ordered an iPhone 4S from VM and soon after heard bad things about Sprint service...in Chicago where I am AT&T seems to have better coverage, which I understand I'd get with Net10. I'm probably going to return the phone from VM (haven't opened it) and go with Net10, though it's a bit of a dilemma. If I go with Net10 I'll keep my existing AT&T iphone 4.

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Net10 is not just one service. The network it uses depends on which phone you buy. I don't think they let you bring your own phone, but the related brand Straight Talk does.