Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cheap mans 4g dual core? - I have a sprint ZTE n-9500 on Pageplus

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score

Cheap mans 4g dual core? - I have a sprint ZTE n-9500 on Pageplus

I had been looking to upgrade from my glitchy custom rommed DX2 for a while now, but wanted to do it on a low budget. I needed dual-core, a big screen and android of course. I've been looking at the Galaxy S3 and a few others for awhile, but didn't want to spend over $100ish. I kicked around a bit and found the ZTE Flash n9500 from sprint. Screen size is just a bit smaller than an S3, it has dual core 1.5 gig processors and best of all they can be had on ebay all day long for less than $100 with bad sprint ESN's (some of them brand new in box). I picked up 2 one month old phones locally for $100 for the pair.

I haven't been able to find a development forum anywhere that works with this phone. But I think that's ok, as I have decided I would probably be happier with a completely stable rom, albeit stock ICS, rather than another glitchy custom rom. And this thing hums right along!

One of the features that really caught my eye was the 12.6 mega-pixel camera. I don't know if there are many phones out there with more mega-pixels than that. I can actually take an excellent picture while zoomed in.

I want to acknowledge Viper32 for providing the flash to make it work on PP!

This phone is well worth the money! It has to be one of the best deals out there with the specs that it has.

Just wanted to throw it out there, maybe it will help somebody who is looking to upgrade on a budget.
    Having to wait even an hour to get a prepaid wireless plan pin from an online dealer or pin seller is NOT great, good or even mediocre customer service when you consider this instant internet age we live in. Why let anyone convince you otherwise? Understaffed is what it's called.(Two is not a team)

I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.

Feedback Score
    Great post, tracnet! (As the owner of an HTC Incredible, I am very much your target audience. . . .)

Thanks again,
    Chaz

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chazz101s View Post
    Great post, tracnet! (As the owner of an HTC Incredible, I am very much your target audience. . . .)

Thanks again,
    Chaz
    I also own Droid Incredible (running CM 7.1) and keep looking at new phones. One of the problems is that I don't want anything much larger than DInc and almost anything released recently requires its own carrier bag. And also whenever I go to Verizon store to check out available phones I realize that there is really nothing they offer that I can't do on DInc already.

Is there anything that you find you actually need new phone for and you can't do that on DInc? I may not be up to date on "latest and greatest" phone features/apps.
    Last edited by JoeSchmoe007; 07-23-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Feedback Score
    Sweet option for around $50. I think I am going to get out of the custom rom game as well. I get tired of the issues that most custom roms have. I am probably going to pick one of these up, root it and been done.

Phones
    CDMA: Droid X2, Droid Incredible
    GSM: Nexus 4, iPhone 4, 3G
    Carrier
    T-mobile PagePlus Lycamobile GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet View Post
    I want to acknowledge Viper32 for providing the flash to make it work on PP!
    Interesting. Care to provide instructions for the flash?

Feedback Score
    Welcome to the dual core world ! I've been using a sprint lg viper dual core 1.5 and it would be rough to go back to my HTC Eris

Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slohasley View Post
    Interesting. Care to provide instructions for the flash?
    The flash was done remotely by Viper32.

Carrier
    Selectell Wireless
    Feedback Score
    let me ask this...these ones selling that are listed with bad esn's....they can just be flashed to work with pageplus/selectel? pretty awesome deal
    The flash was done remotely by Viper32.
    wow!

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime^ View Post
    let me ask this...these ones selling that are listed with bad esn's....they can just be flashed to work with pageplus/selectel? pretty awesome deal wow!
    Yes, bad esn Sprint phone will not be a problem with Page Plus.....

Viper

Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime^ View Post
    let me ask this...these ones selling that are listed with bad esn's....they can just be flashed to work with pageplus/selectel? pretty awesome deal wow!
    Mine has been working great so far. No issues with 3g data. Maybe I should clarify that.........I am not able to receive mms, although I can send mms without issue. Viper32 and I were both aware of that after he did the flash and I was ok with it - so it's no issue for me. It's possible that he has a, or will get a, fix for that.
    Also, I haven't been able to accurately judge the battery life yet as I have been frequenting 'no signal' areas. The signal reception seems to not be quite as good as my old dx and dx2, but it's close - and I almost knew that would be the case. All in all I'm still super happy with the phone!
    Last edited by tracnet; 07-29-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet View Post
    Mine has been working great so far. No issues with 3g data. Maybe I should clarify that.........I am not able to receive mms, although I can send mms without issue. Viper32 and I were both aware of that after he did the flash and I was ok with it - so it's no issue for me. It's possible that he has a, or will get a, fix for that.
    Also, I haven't been able to accurately judge the battery life yet as I have been frequenting 'no signal' areas. The signal reception seems to not be quite as good as my old dx and dx2, but it's close - and I almost knew that would be the case. All in all I'm still super happy with the phone!
    This seems like a great deal, but MMS is important for me. Any fix - Viper32?

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Well Verizon messages works 99.9% of the time. I would possibly try to change the APN to a Verizon one.....

Viper

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigad View Post
    On second thoughts...reviews for the phone don't look so hot...

Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigad View Post
    I followed the youtube tutorial referenced in this post here on hofo and I now have mms working completely, sending and receiving, on my Sprint Flash N9500 flashed to PP. I'm still diggin' this phone!

Carrier
    Feedback Score
    I just ran across a couple blogs that state that Jelly Bean is currently being rolled out for the Flash n9500..............cool.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast