View Poll Results: What plan/carrier are you using?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • AT&T GoPhone

13 68.42%
  • Straight Talk

2 10.53%
  • Net10/RedPocket/H20 (comments)

1 5.26%
  • AIO Wireless

3 15.79%
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: AIO Wireless - My Review

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Talking AIO Wireless - My Review

I had mentioned in the first AIO Thread that I would try out AIO Service. Now, I have. I've also utilized AT&T's $60/2gb goPhone plan. So, I have a fair point of comparison.

AIO - Pros:
    1. Unlimited 3G data after throttle
    2. Great customer service ($15 refund and credit due to small issues)
    3. Lenient data policy

AIO - Cons
    1. No outside numbers allowed (area code ports)
    2. Throttled "high speed" data

GoPhone - PRos:
    1. Treated as an AT&T postpaid consumer (I got mailed two free replaccemnets of my Galaxy S4)
    2. Unthrottled access to AT&T Network

GoPhone - Cons:
    1. Small amount of data
    2. Higher monthly cost

As you can see, there really isn't any difference between them, except the unlimited data on AIO. A word, here. It's actually unlimited. Beyond tethering and torrenting, there aren't any limits past the high speed allotment. If you're like me, and are wondering what the backend differences between them were, I'll do my best to explain. For instance... I have LTE. it's generally 12-18 mbps on AT&T branded plans. On this plan, it's capped at 8. Ping times and uploads still remain almost the same! Speaking with an AT&T official, there aren't any differences with how customers are treated on the network. I get much better HSPA reception than 4 other Straight Talk users, just like on GoPhone.This points to a higher subscriber priority for AT&T subscribers.

A word on the APN settings. I added them myself, initially. However, they actually sent me a network update with all of the correct settings within 30 minutes of activation. The major difference between this and the "phone" APN appears to be that the APN is ndo vs phone. MMS is routed through AIO servers. APN type for AIO reads the same as AT&T - default,supl,hipri.

So, any questions, feel free to ask! I want to start a lively discussion about it. Also, if you want me to get you a SIM, I'm happy to get one for you. Be warned, you'll need a new number!
    Last edited by rvsidekick6; 07-21-2013 at 05:51 AM. Reason: SpellCheck :)
    Unlimited**

**please see terms and conditions for limits on our unlimited plans

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What phones did you use?

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by realjet View Post
    What phones did you use?
    Galaxy S4 branded to AT&T. It is still network locked, and works fine I got the phone the same day as my Gophone plan, 32 days ago. I'm using it on AIO just fine!

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    did you buy the phone from aio or an att store?

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I bought it from AT&T with a gophone $60 plan a tad over a month ago. its factory AT&T stock. no root, not unlocked. works fine.

Phone
    SM-N900A GoPhone Walmart Special, Samsung SGH-I337 GoPhone Walmart Special
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rvsidekick6 View Post
    I bought it from AT&T with a gophone $60 plan a tad over a month ago. its factory AT&T stock. no root, not unlocked. works fine.
    how much did you pay for it.
    Samsung SM-N900A 32GB on GoPhone LTE $45.00 Special
    Samsung SGH-I337 32GB on GoPhone LTE $45.00 Special

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Is it unlimited 3G or 2G data after being throttled? Is it fast enough to stream Netflix or Hulu?

Sent with the HoFo App

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    how much did you pay for it.
    Elpidio, I bought it with the monthly plan so it was something like $700 total.... I sold my galaxy S3 to cover (part of) the cost though

@bteague13 - It is unlimited 3G I believe, meaning the HSPA network. and, you're throttled to 256k. I tried the dude's iP5 in store, and he had used up all of his high speed data. I was able to load a maroon 5 music vid at medium quality with an addition of like 8 seconds. When I use up my own allotment, I'll be sure to post up a speedtest... The guy tried to sell me on the 2 gb plan, stating that the slowed speeds weren't significantly worse for everyday tasks. I always take that with a grain of salt after dealing with ST for a year.

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    att made Elpidio sign a contract to get his s4. i want a moto x and asked where you got your phone in hopes i would try harder when the moto x shows up at att. any magic used in the purchase?

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    No magic mo-jo that I know of. I do know the guys down there though, and I'd called the office of the president about availability in store. If you want, I can PM the number to you? I think it may depend on the store, but I'm not positive.

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    yes please. the moto x is coming soon.

Phone
    SM-N900A GoPhone Walmart Special, Samsung SGH-I337 GoPhone Walmart Special
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rvsidekick6 View Post
    Elpidio, I bought it with the monthly plan so it was something like $700 total.... I sold my galaxy S3 to cover (part of) the cost though

@bteague13 - It is unlimited 3G I believe, meaning the HSPA network. and, you're throttled to 256k. I tried the dude's iP5 in store, and he had used up all of his high speed data. I was able to load a maroon 5 music vid at medium quality with an addition of like 8 seconds. When I use up my own allotment, I'll be sure to post up a speedtest... The guy tried to sell me on the 2 gb plan, stating that the slowed speeds weren't significantly worse for everyday tasks. I always take that with a grain of salt after dealing with ST for a year.
    Damn AT&T, all told, my S4 32GB cost me $635.00 + sales tax. Knowing full well ahead of time, I was expecting to pay $700 + taxes because AT&T does not refund activation fee of 36$.

The Moto X has a really nice specs, close to plain Android as you can get. I was thinking that since it's Google/Motorola, probably be available from Google Store. I'm not a speed freak, don't use much data, but I want that data available when its needed.

On AIO Wireless, there is a guessing game to guess where the next AIO will be implemented, ie, coming to four cities near you. I see AIO has put out some feelers to hire employees in the Dallas, TX area.

That may be good for me, since they also have a data for tablet only plan.

Feedback Score
    so what are u saying ,,do u prefere the AIO over the gophone plan,,, an are u useing the $40 plan on aio or the $55 ..
    u also said that they sent u the apn settings with in 30 min,,, what did u have to do when u got them just do the update an then it set them for u

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    Damn AT&T, all told, my S4 32GB cost me $635.00 + sales tax. Knowing full well ahead of time, I was expecting to pay $700 + taxes because AT&T does not refund activation fee of 36$.

The Moto X has a really nice specs, close to plain Android as you can get. I was thinking that since it's Google/Motorola, probably be available from Google Store. I'm not a speed freak, don't use much data, but I want that data available when its needed.

On AIO Wireless, there is a guessing game to guess where the next AIO will be implemented, ie, coming to four cities near you. I see AIO has put out some feelers to hire employees in the Dallas, TX area.

That may be good for me, since they also have a data for tablet only plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by stangjames View Post
    so what are u saying ,,do u prefere the AIO over the gophone plan,,, an are u useing the $40 plan on aio or the $55 ..
    u also said that they sent u the apn settings with in 30 min,,, what did u have to do when u got them just do the update an then it set them for u
    Elpidio, I live an hour and half north of the Gainesville FL store. I had to change my number as they have a list of area codes that they will port. I agree... damn AT&T. But, it helps knowing people. I never paid an activation fee, or for the SIM. I walked away scotch free, AND with a network unlock code. That wasn't so bad. With AIO, there was an activation fee of $20, and a $10 SIM. The plans are pretty awesome.

Stangjames - I like this plan MUCH better than the gophone plan. For $10 more a month, I get 3.5 times more LTE data, and unlimited internet throttled. To answer your question, I have the $70 plan. When I mentioned the APN settings.... theres a story there

I was assured I wouldn't need to add the APN settings in store. I didnt believe them, and demanded the settings printed out. Walking out towards my car, I started manually inputting the settings. As soon as I clicked on APN, my GS4 popped up with a "network update" that changed my default APN settings.
    HOWEVER - the default AT&T APN works fine without editing. There isnt any performance difference, which is quite telling. See the carrier name; see the APN type. Interesting, right?
    Sent with the HoFo App
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    AIO APN settings here:

Name: Internet
    APN: ndo
    MMSC: http://mmsc.aiowireless.net
    MMS Proxy: proxy.aiowireless.net
    MMS Port: 80
    APN type: default,supl,mms,fota,hipri

We can deduce that they defenitly use rye same backend. What do yall think?

Sent with the HoFo App

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast