Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Does Straight Talk still offers AT&T sim cards?

Feedback Score

Does Straight Talk still offers AT&T sim cards?

Hello,
    Today I received my installation kit for ST and quickly installed on my unlocked Motorola Atrix. I regret that I did not find this site before since inadvertently I ordered a T-Mobile sim card which seems to be the only one available at the ST website. Everything seems ok, but I need to switch to AT&T since T-Mobile is too weak in my area; I don't even get any signal inside my house. Going to the ST website, I entered another zip code number from a location without T-Mobile coverage, to force the system to show AT&T cards, but nothing happens. I appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Rafamus

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    no st no longer sells att sims.but you are in luck.st is having a sale on st branded nokia e71.the sim in this fone is unlocked from the phone and uses the att network.

if you choose to do so.you will have to buy the phone and service pin together.activate the phone.port you # at this time.then remove the sim and place it into an att phone or unlocked tmo phone.talk and sms will work straight away.to get data and mms you will have to change the apn settings.

Feedback Score
    Or to make things simpler you can just buy a SIM card on ebay.

Sent from my HTC One using HowardForums

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    yes you can,but when you buy the e71 you can get a replacement sim if you mess it up trimming it down to size for newer style phones.

Phones
    iphone 4s
    iphone 4s
    ipad VZ LTE Cellular
    Carriers
    StraightTalk
    Pageplus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rafamus View Post
    Hello,
    Today I received my installation kit for ST and quickly installed on my unlocked Motorola Atrix. I regret that I did not find this site before since inadvertently I ordered a T-Mobile sim card which seems to be the only one available at the ST website. Everything seems ok, but I need to switch to AT&T since T-Mobile is too weak in my area; I don't even get any signal inside my house. Going to the ST website, I entered another zip code number from a location without T-Mobile coverage, to force the system to show AT&T cards, but nothing happens. I appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Rafamus
    Here's what you can do (in order of ease, cost)

1. Depending if you want to keep #, port the phone to Net10 and get an AT&T SIM with a known 1.5GB (or so they say). Can buy for $1 on ebay.
    2. As suggested buy a ST AT&T SIM from ebay (and make sure it is a ST one, not net 10).
    3. You could use a N10 SIM, but the process is not trivial and it's much easier to do 1 or 2.

Feedback Score
    Sorry option 3 will not work.
    Even if you have a Straight Talk serial # and use a Net10 sim it will not work.
    While it may initially activate fine, their system can randomly deactivate your phone and when you call in they will simply say we have to send you a new sim and we refuse to have you keep service with this sim but it isn't supported. It's a huge headache and not worth it. The best option now to get Straight Talk AT&T service is to buy an activation kit with the appropriate sim size to match your phone for $40.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    you can buy an ATT SIM on eBay for 40-50. That's the new reality. I have two I need to list on there.

Phones
    iphone 4s
    iphone 4s
    ipad VZ LTE Cellular
    Carriers
    StraightTalk
    Pageplus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyNY View Post
    Sorry option 3 will not work.
    Even if you have a Straight Talk serial # and use a Net10 sim it will not work.
    While it may initially activate fine, their system can randomly deactivate your phone and when you call in they will simply say we have to send you a new sim and we refuse to have you keep service with this sim but it isn't supported. It's a huge headache and not worth it. The best option now to get Straight Talk AT&T service is to buy an activation kit with the appropriate sim size to match your phone for $40.
    Did this happen to you? Not really making sense. Are they saying that they will replace a Net10 AT&T SIM with a Straight talk AT&T SIM? It shouldn't be a problem if you keep a deactivated SIM on your account. So it takes a few hours.

Carrier
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Honestly, if I needed a ST AT&T Sim, I would try to get the $20. Nokia e-71 refurb for $20. The SIM in these phones seem to be golden if you want to ensure ST AT&T service. I just checked and they are still available through zip 64658. Yes, you have to buy service but you can use that on any ST number.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Yes they deactivated me three times because of the sim. I kept calling in and getting them to turn it back on, each phone call took an hour until a "manager" does it, even the manager doesn't seem to know much.
    I finally got the Straight Talk replacement sim and upon activation with the agent lost my service end date. Called a few times and they say there is no proof that I ever refilled until September. Finally got another manager who first said he doesn't see I refilled but then after making me wait half an hour said he saw it and corrected it. It was a nightmare, they have this stupid system that has to leave your serial # inactive once they create a ticket # for you for a new sim, then later it's so hard to prove what you had for even after you repeatedly ask every agent to put a note on the account in regards to the service end date. I have never dealt with such lousy customer care. I even had to create a new online account because the agent took my phone off my account and later when I asked to add it back on was told - no we have to create a new online account since you can't add it to a previous one. Try to avoid headaches and just get a Straight Talk sim and avoid having to deal with customer care because no one knows what they are doing and you have to call in numerous times for little thing. Oh and the agents lie too! One told me that my service end date will correct itself within an hour and another told me I cannot turn your phone back until (with the net10 sim) because I've reached the maximum amount of reactivations on that sim, yet when I called back again someone else did reactivate it. I kept calling the corporate 800 # and they are all just as lousy as the 855 # provided on their website. It's like either you're talking to Filipino's or Mexicans.

Phone
    Nexus 5 (LG-D820), Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchea View Post
    Honestly, if I needed a ST AT&T Sim, I would try to get the $20. Nokia e-71 refurb for $20. The SIM in these phones seem to be golden if you want to ensure ST AT&T service. I just checked and they are still available through zip 64658. Yes, you have to buy service but you can use that on any ST number.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using HowardForums
    Except you can't pay $20 and get the phone. It's basically $65 with a free month of service.

So, it's not "$20."

I don't care if you can jump through hoops and apply the extra $45 to your account, I don't pay $45 for a month of service, I pay $26. And I'm paid through mid-October due to the cheap eBay refills I took advantage of. So, I don't need a month of service for $45, and when I do need a month of service I am not paying $45.

Either way, it's not and never will be $20 for the phone. If it was, you could pay ONLY $20 and get the phone. You can't. You have to pay $65, minimum.
    Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    either you pay or go somewhere else.
    this is like pulling up to the gas pump and saying i am not gonna pay that for my gas.

take it or leave it

poop or get of the pot ok.

btw if you purchase an e71 and put sim in a different phone.you still have to keep that e71.because if you sell and byer trys to activate the phone st will deactivate your sim.

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    you sure are willing to put up with a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyNY View Post
    Yes they deactivated me three times because of the sim. I kept calling in and getting them to turn it back on, each phone call took an hour until a "manager" does it, even the manager doesn't seem to know much.
    I finally got the Straight Talk replacement sim and upon activation with the agent lost my service end date. Called a few times and they say there is no proof that I ever refilled until September. Finally got another manager who first said he doesn't see I refilled but then after making me wait half an hour said he saw it and corrected it. It was a nightmare, they have this stupid system that has to leave your serial # inactive once they create a ticket # for you for a new sim, then later it's so hard to prove what you had for even after you repeatedly ask every agent to put a note on the account in regards to the service end date. I have never dealt with such lousy customer care. I even had to create a new online account because the agent took my phone off my account and later when I asked to add it back on was told - no we have to create a new online account since you can't add it to a previous one. Try to avoid headaches and just get a Straight Talk sim and avoid having to deal with customer care because no one knows what they are doing and you have to call in numerous times for little thing. Oh and the agents lie too! One told me that my service end date will correct itself within an hour and another told me I cannot turn your phone back until (with the net10 sim) because I've reached the maximum amount of reactivations on that sim, yet when I called back again someone else did reactivate it. I kept calling the corporate 800 # and they are all just as lousy as the 855 # provided on their website. It's like either you're talking to Filipino's or Mexicans.

Carrier
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    Except you can't pay $20 and get the phone. It's basically $65 with a free month of service.

So, it's not "$20."

I don't care if you can jump through hoops and apply the extra $45 to your account, I don't pay $45 for a month of service, I pay $26. And I'm paid through mid-October due to the cheap eBay refills I took advantage of. So, I don't need a month of service for $45, and when I do need a month of service I am not paying $45.

Either way, it's not and never will be $20 for the phone. If it was, you could pay ONLY $20 and get the phone. You can't. You have to pay $65, minimum.
    This is true for you (and many others including myself as I have a spare AT&T sim)) but perhaps not for the OP, rafamus, who asked for advice about getting the ST AT&T service. However, if I did need that AT&T sim, I would consider the extra cost as an insurance policy to keep the AT&T service--understanding that insurance companies can drop you at will and/or change terms. The only negative for me is that if any of our three ST AT&T phones every gets throttled (we are very minimal users of talk, text, data), I won't need anything from ST because I'll leave.

Phone
    SM-N900A Samsung SGH-I337
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchea View Post
    This is true for you (and many others including myself as I have a spare AT&T sim)) but perhaps not for the OP, rafamus, who asked for advice about getting the ST AT&T service. However, if I did need that AT&T sim, I would consider the extra cost as an insurance policy to keep the AT&T service--understanding that insurance companies can drop you at will and/or change terms. The only negative for me is that if any of our three ST AT&T phones every gets throttled (we are very minimal users of talk, text, data), I won't need anything from ST because I'll leave.
    Don't you have AIO coverage in Florida?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast