Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Gophone to gain LTE support and allow iPhones

Feedback Score
    It looks like they need the IMEI and SIM# so you can pass the LTE authentication. Otherwise you would not even be able to access LTE signals. According to Engadget, all LTE phones will be provisioned LTE access by June 21st automatically. You'll just need to call the CS and ask them to "grant LTE access to your phone manually". The CSR that helped me told me that they had LTE related training today.

After you can access the LTE, then, yes, you need the LTE APN for the internet to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho View Post
    what do people need to call for? Do they have to update something in the account too? I thought it was just a mater of updating the APN in one's phone and nothing more.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via the HowardForums App

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Great news. GoPhone desperately needs new phones, though.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Nice! Now it's just Verizon leaving their prepaid users with an antiquated 3G network. Don't carriers WANT to offload more customers to LTE which is more efficient? Plus it encourages more use (and overage) since it's so much faster.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 5S and Galaxy Light: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4 & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); Galaxy Epic: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Phones
    Apple iPhone 5
    iPad WiFi + Cellular (3rd Gen)
    FreedomPop Photon
    Carriers
    Verizon (iPhone/iPad LTE)
    FreedomPop (Clear MVNO)
    Feedback Score
    Hopefully they'll let Pick Your Plan users still around to have LTE/HSPA+. That would be a great thing.

The realist in me doesn't think it'll happen though.

Feedback Score
    Just called 611 from my iPhone 4 that's on the $25/month plan, and was told that I needed a new 4G/LTE sim if I wanted to enable the faster network right now. She said I'd need to switch the account from my old 3G sim to the new one, and that could be done at an ATT store. Or instead I could wait until June 21 when the account would automatically be switched over with no sim swap needed.

Seeing that the iPhone 4 only supports 3G, will it even work on a 4G/LTE network? Mainly, I'm frustrated at the fact that my "3G" speeds are so slow that speedtest consistently reports 0.00 Mbps down and about 150 kbps up. I just want 3G speeds! [edit: Despite what speedtest reports, I just measured the download of a 2.35 MB file in 15 seconds, which is about 1.3Mbps down, so I guess I don't have too much to complain about. I wonder why speedtest never works for these slower speeds.]

Also, my other account is on the $1 MTM, and I'm not sure what I should do with that. I'd like to get faster speeds on that account as well, but I don't want to end up losing my data access altogether.
    Last edited by cacophony555; 05-24-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Phones
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Galaxy Express
    Note 2
    Carriers
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    According to a CSR, reading from left to right, if the 10 th digit is a 5 or 7, you have an LTE sim.

Looking forward to 6/21.

Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    If I have pay as you go, will I still get LTE too?

Phones
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Before that - Dell Venue Pro
    Carrier
    PTel (Tmobile)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RashoreZ View Post
    It looks like they need the IMEI and SIM# so you can pass the LTE authentication. Otherwise you would not even be able to access LTE signals. According to Engadget, all LTE phones will be provisioned LTE access by June 21st automatically. You'll just need to call the CS and ask them to "grant LTE access to your phone manually". The CSR that helped me told me that they had LTE related training today.

After you can access the LTE, then, yes, you need the LTE APN for the internet to work.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via the HowardForums App
    Can you please share the APN details for your phone? I have a 920, customer support insists that it's configured correctly.Are you using the access point app, or directly editing the APN via settings -> cellular? Did you get VVM working?

Feedback Score
    I flashed my AT&T Lumia 920 to a European Developer rom in order to enable the AWS frequencies on it. The Euro Dev rom comes with an "Access Point" app in the "Settings". This app recognizes the pre-configured APNs stored in the SIM card, so I can just choose one from there.
    When I was using AT&T rom, I used to download this app from Market Place. You will not be able to find this app by just searching on the Phone.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...3-25c10463942d

You can also use the QR Code scanner from Bing to locate this app. Someone posted the QR code for this app on WPCentral forum. http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lu...a-updates.html

I was only able to use the LTE for a few hours in that morning before I did a power cycle, after which I no longer could access LTE. I was told by the AT&T CSRs that only the $65 monthly plan is LTE-enabled. But yes, when I was on LTE, I was able to use the Visual Voicemail.

Update: I just got my LTE back. See post below.

Quote Originally Posted by RightHere View Post
    Can you please share the APN details for your phone? I have a 920, customer support insists that it's configured correctly.Are you using the access point app, or directly editing the APN via settings -> cellular? Did you get VVM working?
    Last edited by RashoreZ; 05-26-2013 at 02:57 AM.

Phones
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier
    PTel (Tmobile)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. I already have the access point app, just wondering how it works. It's not clear if making a change there should populate new settings in Settings -> Cellular, or if they just override those settings. Sounds like it's the latter?
    I was also told by a CSR last night that my $25 plan wasn't eligible and that the $65 plan was required. I assumed that was BS, based off the other reports I'd read online, and the fact that GoPhone CSR's rarely know WTF they are talking about. At first, she wasn't going to enable it on my account. When I challenged her on it, she looked at something else and then proceeded. (don't blame me for lack of paragraphs, HOFO editor acting up)

Feedback Score
    Yup, it looks like simply overriding the settings. I use "AT&T - LTE 2 - Lumia" and I cannot tell how this one is different from "AT&T - LTE 1 - Lumia". When I was still able to access LTE, I noticed that this pre-configured APN was not appropriately set up for MMS.

Please do let me know if you can use LTE on $25 plan now. The upper left corner of my phone does not show "LTE".

Quote Originally Posted by RightHere View Post
    Thanks. I already have the access point app, just wondering how it works. It's not clear if making a change there should populate new settings in Settings -> Cellular, or if they just override those settings. Sounds like it's the latter?
    I was also told by a CSR last night that my $25 plan wasn't eligible and that the $65 plan was required. I assumed that was BS, based off the other reports I'd read online, and the fact that GoPhone CSR's rarely know WTF they are talking about. At first, she wasn't going to enable it on my account. When I challenged her on it, she looked at something else and then proceeded. (don't blame me for lack of paragraphs, HOFO editor acting up)

Phones
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier
    PTel (Tmobile)
    Feedback Score
    No, it still doesn't work for me. I will post here if I get it working.

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RashoreZ View Post
    Yup, it looks like simply overriding the settings. I use "AT&T - LTE 2 - Lumia" and I cannot tell how this one is different from "AT&T - LTE 1 - Lumia". When I was still able to access LTE, I noticed that this pre-configured APN was not appropriately set up for MMS.

Please do let me know if you can use LTE on $25 plan now. The upper left corner of my phone does not show "LTE".
    I saw that, but testing it by switching off WiFi, I got no data using that LTE 1 or LTE2 . On the menu of the app (Network Setup by Nokia), I still have to select AT&T 3G to receive any data.

If somebody have a Lumia phone, and has the $65 dollar plan, and switching to this LTE1 or LTE2 and gets 4G data, please let me (us) know. Thanks!

Feedback Score

Cool I got LTE back on my AT&T Lumia 920 again!

I am on the $25 monthly plan with a data package. And I just got LTE back! So, yes, it's totally BS that the CSRs saying LTE is only available for $65 plan.

Thanks to OP of this post
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-My-experience

I basically created a new access point profile in the "Nokia Access Point" app. By activating this profile, the signal indicator in the upper left corner instantly changed to L. (I flashed my AT&T Lumia 920 to Euro Dev Rom; it would show "LTE" if you are using native at&t rom.)

Note: When I initially created this new profile, I chose "default" as the data type. I have verified that both "default" and "LTE" would allow full data access including MMS. I have verified that the postpaid LTE APN "pta" doesn't work. After I got my LTE back, I am able to switch to the pre-installed APN "AT&T - LTE2 -Lumia" with everything working just fine. Visual Voicemail is back too.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Feedback Score
    Nice! What are your speedtest ratings? Faster then the hspa+ 21 mbps network Att also uses?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast