Thread: Galaxy Proclaim use on Page Plus?

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Galaxy Proclaim use on Page Plus?

After reading some posts that users are able to use their Straight talk phone, has anyone activated a Samsung Galaxy Proclaim on Page plus? If so, are there any problems?

Thank you!

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I activated a ST Proclaim yesterday; however, I had a roaming triangle in my home area. I hadnt read in the forum about trying *22888, and went with a Droid 3 (which worked awesome). It will activate, however.

Sent from my DROID3 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    So, are you using the Droid 3 now? Or have you activated the Galaxy Proclaim? I'm planning to activate my Galaxy Proclaim on PagePlus. Not sure though whether it'll work or not. I've been using it on Straight Talk for 10 months.

Feedback Score
    Okay, update time. I've activated my proclaim on PP. Calls/ Texts work fine. I haven't checked whether data works or not (I won't even use this phone regularly, so I didn't bother to check data capability). But the annoying thing is the Roaming triangle seems to be flashing all the time. As far as I know, a flashing roaming triangle means in-network roaming. How do I stop this annoying icon to flash? Any helps?

Carrier
    page plus
    Feedback Score
    I would also like to know if the flashing roam signal can be fixed before trying it with my Proclaim.

Feedback Score
    I haven't found anyway to get rid of the flashing triangle. And I also feel that battery life has taken a hit. Although calls and texts seem to work fine, I haven't checked the data yet (with a speedtest), the 3G icon seems to be inconsistent (which was not the case when I used my proclaim with straight talk). You can just try it for yourself, I used remote squad for activating page plus service, so it cost me nothing.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using HoFo mobile app