Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cdma byop?

Carriers
    Page Plus
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score

Cdma byop?

Today one of the reps on Facebook advised someone inquiring about bringing a Verizon phone to Straight Talk to check out their CDMA BYOP program and gave this link http://www.straighttalkbyop.com/. A short time later her post was removed. Looks like a website under development.

If CDMA BYOP finally arrives my prediction of 12/31/12 wasn't too far off!

Phones
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Re: Cdma byop?

That will be interesting of what phones will be allowed and what plans will they offer.

PagePlus has bring your own Verizon CDMA phone but newer 4g devices need to be flashed to PP.

Competition for PagePlus now?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Carrier
    Sprint via RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, the domain is definitely owned by Tracfone. Would be cool if they allowed 4G phones, even if just with 3G access.
    Past providers: Page Plus, AT&T, T-Mobile, Virgin, Straight Talk
    Past phones: Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Carriers
    Page Plus
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Here is the post:

Katie ST No, Cori. For more info about our BYOP CDMA program, check it on this link www.straighttalkbyop.com. Thanks.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    yea thats nice and a year latter verizon will be throttling this program lol.

Carriers
    Page Plus
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Starts 3/26/13. You will be required to purchase a $14.99 "Network Access Code" and a $45 or $60 monthly service card. Verizon androids and Iphones will be accepted (with the exception of the Iphone 5). No LTE phones, No Sprint or Metro.

Phones
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score

So that means stone age Android phones such as Droid X/X2 etc will be ok. At least with PP certain phones can be flashed but I guess that same flashing could apply for ST unless 4g ESNs will not activate.

What is the difference between the $45 and $60 cards for Verizon BYOD?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Carriers
    Page Plus
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    The $60 card has International Long Distance.

Feedback Score

Cdma byop?

Nice! I'm pretty sure that an unlocked Verizon iPhone 4S can work with a tmobile or att sim in it right ?

If so that's awesome. But I'm still partial to talking and surfing the web on my iPhone at times. Don't think u can do that yet on CDMA.

Carriers
    Page Plus
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Hopefully you can purchase the "Network Access Code" on the new website and get the phone activated without having to call Customer Service.

Carriers
    Page Plus
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    We received an update about CDMA BYOP Program. Check the info below:
    Beginning on March 26, 2013, the BYOP Program will now include CDMA (Verizon) phones. Customers will be able to bring their Verizon certified phone to Straight Talk by simply purchasing a Network Access Code, for $14.99 plus tax, and an Unlimited or Unlimited ILD Airtime/Service Card. Note: The Network Access Code will serve as a key to load and identify the Verizon phones in the system.
    Any phone can be eligible provided that it has not been activated outside of the Verizon network including Androids and iPhones (iPhone 5 model is not compatible, other CDMA carriers: Sprint and Metro PCS, 4G LTE technology phones, our branded phones (TracFone, NET10, Straight Talk, SafeLink, or Telcel America) and Blackberry, iPads, or tablets).

2:22pm
    Katie ST

Phones
    HTC Ozone
    iPhone
    HTC One V
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingerbrown View Post
    We received an update about CDMA BYOP Program. Check the info below:
    Beginning on March 26, 2013, the BYOP Program will now include CDMA (Verizon) phones. Customers will be able to bring their Verizon certified phone to Straight Talk by simply purchasing a Network Access Code, for $14.99 plus tax, and an Unlimited or Unlimited ILD Airtime/Service Card. Note: The Network Access Code will serve as a key to load and identify the Verizon phones in the system.
    Any phone can be eligible provided that it has not been activated outside of the Verizon network including Androids and iPhones (iPhone 5 model is not compatible, other CDMA carriers: Sprint and Metro PCS, 4G LTE technology phones, our branded phones (TracFone, NET10, Straight Talk, SafeLink, or Telcel America) and Blackberry, iPads, or tablets).

2:22pm
    Katie ST
    This is huge -- I'm very excited if everything holds true!

I am a little worried about what the "hasn't been activated outside of the network means though -- if my phone is on PagePlus currently, does that count as being "previously activated outside of the network"? That will lock out a ton of phones if so...

Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I'm not clear what is the big attraction. I guess the competition is good, but $45 plus tax for unltd? Possibly throttled after 2GB? And still stuck with a 3G droid? I dunno. I'm happy with PPC. If I wanted more than my 250MB Id be happy paying $55 no tax and not having to switch to straight talk. I must be missing the big picture here. I admit I dont keep up with the intricacies of ST because I havent needed it.
    Droid X / Droid 2 Global / Incredible
    PPC - TNT1200

Carriers
    MetroPCS (T-Mobile US)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Geez, Verizon is really trying to maximize whatever profit they can on their legacy CDMA program.

If this pans out, I'm curious if LTE Verizon phones may also work under this program. There are quite a bunch of phones that I wouldn't mind using with LTE disabled off. The iPhone was never enough to sell me.

Carrier
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score

So what Verizon phones are eligible for this byod program? Would a galaxy note 2 or galaxy s3 be possible?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast