Thread: Question about moving files from sd card from lg optimus v to my new htc evo v .

Phone
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Question about moving files from sd card from lg optimus v to my new htc evo v .

Hello,

I have upgraded to the htc evo v and wanted to move my pictures, videos, and music from the "sd card" from my old phone (lg optimus v) to my new phone (htc evo v). What folder would i move pictures and videos to? dcim then to 100 media? Is there a specific file named ringtones that i could transfer ringtones that i have downloaded? I have downloaded songs and not sure which folder to put them in. would it be the music or music_Audio folder? Thanks for the help.

joet1966

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JOET1966 View Post
    Hello,

I have upgraded to the htc evo v and wanted to move my pictures, videos, and music from the "sd card" from my old phone (lg optimus v) to my new phone (htc evo v). What folder would i move pictures and videos to? dcim then to 100 media? Is there a specific file named ringtones that i could transfer ringtones that i have downloaded? I have downloaded songs and not sure which folder to put them in. would it be the music or music_Audio folder? Thanks for the help.

joet1966
    Why didn't you just copy the whole SD card and paste it in the internal memory of the evo ? or even better just insert the SD card in the phone ?
    DCIM for pictures, MUSIC for music, Ringtones for ringtones....if you don't see the folder, you need to create on with that name

PS: It doesn't really matter what folder you put it in since the phone will search all over the internal memory and SD card and give you a list of pictures, music,(whatever you are looking for)

Phone
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugatti Veyron View Post
    Why didn't you just copy the whole SD card and paste it in the internal memory of the evo ? or even better just insert the SD card in the phone ?
    DCIM for pictures, MUSIC for music, Ringtones for ringtones....if you don't see the folder, you need to create on with that name

PS: It doesn't really matter what folder you put it in since the phone will search all over the internal memory and SD card and give you a list of pictures, music,(whatever you are looking for)
    Thanks for the reply. Im a newbee at this kind of stuff. When I connected my phone to my computer it didn't allow me access to the "internal memory" of the phone. Only the sd card memory. I guess this is normal. Could I have used Astro file manager to access the internal memory? If I copied the "whole sd card" to the internal memory of my htc evo wouldn't I be copying alot of unnecessary files that I didn't need?

If I were to create my own ringtones file does it matter where it is? I don't think the htc evo v has a file named ringtones. Again thank you very much for the help.

joet1966

Phones
    LG Volt
    LG Volt
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score

Re: Question about moving files from sd card from lg optimus v to my new htc evo v .

Just copy the respective folders over. Don't copy the app data cause that stuff will just waste data.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Oh wait thats right....you can't access the internal memory on the evo V. Its for apps only. SO, just put the SD card from the optimus v on the evo v.