Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Straight Talk Data Network Speed

Feedback Score

Straight Talk Data Network Speed

Hello,
    I plan to buy a Samsung Galaxy Note II and switch to Straight Talk. I mostly need high speed data but not lots of it. I easily keep my data consumption below 500 MB. Right now on Verizon LTE I get close 10 mbps. What is the data network speed of Straight Talk. I know it is on ATT network but can't use ATT 4g services. So will I get 3G HSPA+ speeds? Can anyone post speed test results? Will a high end device like the Note II be wasted on a network like StraightTalk?

Carrier
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score

More than likely not gonna get speeds like that.

Phones
    Apple
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5C
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

I have gotten up to 5 Meg's on my iPhone 5 with ST on HSPA+.

Carriers
    Straight Talk (ATT SIM)
    Feedback Score

2-7mbps is what I average depending on the time of day.

Phone
    SM-N900A Samsung SGH-I337
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by salilsurendran View Post
    Hello,
    I plan to buy a Samsung Galaxy Note II and switch to Straight Talk. I mostly need high speed data but not lots of it. I easily keep my data consumption below 500 MB. Right now on Verizon LTE I get close 10 mbps. What is the data network speed of Straight Talk. I know it is on ATT network but can't use ATT 4g services. So will I get 3G HSPA+ speeds? Can anyone post speed test results? Will a high end device like the Note II be wasted on a network like StraightTalk?
    Mileage will vary, if you're expecting close to 10 MBPS download, I think you'd be serve better by staying with your current provider. Another consideration to take is how congested the network is at that time. The high number I was getting is when I'm looking at the transmitting tower, that's how close I am.

Feedback Score
    You won't get 10Mbps on ATT SIM.

You might get 10Mbps depending on location and time with T-mobile SIM (if your phone supports t-mobile).

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    the op imagines his phone is superfast and he is worried that he would waste all that high powered phone coming to ST. with a phone like that do you need a special operators license? have you received special training?

you will save money and thats not a dream. reasonable speeds cheap service. welcome

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Kinda like buying a NASCAR race car and you wanna use it on the freeways but the speed limit ranges from 55 MPH -65 MPH and going faster might get a speeding ticket is similar to ST's throttling or worse, get caught doing it more often, the Judge take away your drivers license is similar to ST terminating your services. Don't believe? Look it up on ST TOS. They have the right to do just that.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    Kinda like buying a NASCAR race car and you wanna use it on the freeways but the speed limit ranges from 55 MPH -65 MPH and going faster might get a speeding ticket is similar to ST's throttling or worse, get caught doing it more often, the Judge take away your drivers license is similar to ST terminating your services. Don't believe? Look it up on ST TOS. They have the right to do just that.
    yes i like this answer

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamale-b View Post
    the op imagines his phone is superfast and he is worried that he would waste all that high powered phone coming to ST. with a phone like that do you need a special operators license? have you received special training?

you will save money and thats not a dream. reasonable speeds cheap service. welcome
    true lool.........

Feedback Score

Most of us these days have high end smartphones on ST. i.e. I'm writing this on an iPhone. The service through ST is great, I doubt you'd have any complaints after just paying $45/mo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sat_sonic View Post
    Most of us these days have high end smartphones on ST. i.e. I'm writing this on an iPhone. The service through ST is great, I doubt you'd have any complaints after just paying $45/mo
    Could you do a speed test and let me know what figures you are getting via Straight Talk. You see the issue is that I am going to buy an expensive device like the Samsung Note 2 which retails for about $600. Once I make that investment and if I don't like the Straight Talk service then going to a provider like ATT or Verizon is a waste of money since they don't have BYOD plans and will charge me normal contract rates.

Carriers
    Straight Talk (ATT SIM)
    Feedback Score

Could you do a speed test and let me know what figures you are getting via Straight Talk. You see the issue is that I am going to buy an expensive device like the Samsung Note 2 which retails for about $600. Once I make that investment and if I don't like the Straight Talk service then going to a provider like ATT or Verizon is a waste of money since they don't have BYOD plans and will charge me normal contract rates.
    They allow BYOD you have to go to a store the per month price will be the same but it should be without contract. You could buy a cheap GSM phone to test straight talk or borrow someone's phone.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    There are a lot of post here that includes speedtest.org posted. You gotta do some serch if you really want some answer. Every question you have ask so far has been answered, u gotta do some work yourself.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hello,

This is the best I can do for you, many OP's has already chime in, now your turn to decide. I run all high end device, just look @ upper right hand corner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast