Thread: Blocking unwanted calls with LG840g

Feedback Score

Blocking unwanted calls with LG840g

I just switched one of my 800g's service and number over to a new LG840g. Is the meathod to block certain phone numbers from ringing my new phone the same as with the old LG800g? ie adding the unwanted number to my list, putting that number into a group called perhaps "unwanted", and blocking the group?

Feedback Score
    Out of curiosity have you used the voice menu option to block calls? I used this on the LG 800g. Called in from the land-line to prevent the use of my minutes. But I am sure it could be done directly from the phone. I even set up a special message for these callers. That way I got around the no ring for "this group" list on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    I just switched one of my 800g's service and number over to a new LG840g. Is the method to block certain phone numbers from ringing my new phone the same as with the old LG800g? ie adding the unwanted number to my list, putting that number into a group called perhaps "unwanted", and blocking the group?
    Real Life Dictionary: Cell Phone. A fancy term for mobile answering machine.

Phones
    Lg800g
    LG420 and LG 800g
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I'm sorry. I dont understand what you are saying. It sounds like what you are saying is that you can turn off your phone, call your own number on a land line, get past the OutGoing Message voice prompt (by hitting star) into the control features of the voice mail, and block numbers????? I got a PM from tracfone that said there was no way to block calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireflyqn View Post
    Out of curiosity have you used the voice menu option to block calls? I used this on the LG 800g. Called in from the land-line to prevent the use of my minutes. But I am sure it could be done directly from the phone. I even set up a special message for these callers. That way I got around the no ring for "this group" list on my phone.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Hi CoyoteChris, I too, just upgraded from 800g to 840g. Been looking thru settings and don't see the Call Reject list, either. Just opened the box today and still waiting for Tracfone to get my phone number to this new phone, so I can't say for sure there is No way. But I just had a thought to use a "silent" ringtone. Google, silent mp3 , and download to the phone. (or to your PC and transfer to phone). That is crummy if we can't have a Call reject list. I used to put spam callers into the school group.

Phones
    Lg800g
    LG420 and LG 800g
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    For the record, here is the exact quote from tracfone...
    "Hi Coyote Chris, I read your post about blocking unwanted calls. If you are referring of blocking a phone number, I am so sorry to inform you, but there is no way for us to do that. We do not have the access to block phone numbers. I hope I answered your query. If you need further assistance, please email us at mailto:TF.CorpResolutionTeam@tracfone.com. Thank you. Sincerely, Alex TracFone Wireless "
    It is curious to me that one can block them using the instructions in the manual on a LG800g but that function doesnt seem to exist on an LG 840g.....

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thnx for the update. I'm still waiting for my phone number to get transferred to the LG840G. I'll let you know how the silent ring tone works when the phone is finally activated. It was nice with the LG800G. My guess is that they forgot to put in the Call Reject option for the LG840g, or maybe they had to give it up in order to have WiFi.

Feedback Score
    I'm using a Silent 10 second mp3 ringtone that I found online for this purpose. It works fine on my LG 840G.

Phones
    Lg800g
    LG420 and LG 800g
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    OK, interesting idea....assign a silent ringtone to a stored deadbeat caller.....thanks! I will google that.

Feedback Score
    There is no app on a TracFone LG840G to block or reject calls or numbers. But there is this work around. You can install a silent mp3 ringtone and assign it to the offending number. Your phone will still display that it received a call, but you won't hear it ring. Here's how: You can create a silent mp3 ringtone with Audacity, a free sound editor. The silent ringtone should be 10 seconds in length, but the file size should be smaller than 300k. Download the silent mp3 to the LG840G SD card, AUDIO folder. Go to SETTINGS/FILE MANAGER/MEMORY CARD/AUDIO - Click on the silent mp3 file name. Click USE AS Ringtone. You can assign this silent ringtone to the offending number. Or you can make the silent ringtone the DEFAULT RINGTONE. Then assign real ringtones to all of your contacts. Then any number not in your contacts list will ring the silent ringtone and not bother you.

Phones
    Lg840
    Lg840
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It sounds like they are saying that they as"tracfone" don't have a service to block callers like other companies. However, I don't know that that means the specific model LG840 does not have individual technique or trick. Tracfone just isn't going to take responsibility for individual features on many models, not provide it as a service.

Phones
    Lg800g
    LG420 and LG 800g
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thank you times a million! I have an ill eagle telemarketer calling my phone continually (892 area code). I put him in a group labeled by a name I cant use in mixed company and gave the group a silent 10 second ringtone.
    http://www.xamuel.com/blank-mp3s/

Oh yeah....now if, as I suspect, we will be receiving more and more ill eagle marketing calls, they just go in the As&H*** group. Tracfone will have to address this problem in the future as more and more criminal telemarketers go unpunished.

Quote Originally Posted by Antilope View Post
    There is no app on a TracFone LG840G to block or reject calls or numbers. But there is this work around. You can install a silent mp3 ringtone and assign it to the offending number. Your phone will still display that it received a call, but you won't hear it ring. Here's how: You can create a silent mp3 ringtone with Audacity, a free sound editor. The silent ringtone should be 10 seconds in length, but the file size should be smaller than 300k. Download the silent mp3 to the LG840G SD card, AUDIO folder. Go to SETTINGS/FILE MANAGER/MEMORY CARD/AUDIO - Click on the silent mp3 file name. Click USE AS Ringtone. You can assign this silent ringtone to the offending number. Or you can make the silent ringtone the DEFAULT RINGTONE. Then assign real ringtones to all of your contacts. Then any number not in your contacts list will ring the silent ringtone and not bother you.

Phones
    Lg800g
    LG420 and LG 800g
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    BTW, this criminal is in Santo Domingo and he is trying another 829 prefix number but I put a silent ring tone on that one also.