Thread: access forbidden

Feedback Score

access forbidden

I've started leaving my phone on at night plugged in and charging(zte merrit), after about 5 days when I try to open my brouser or do a Google search access forbidden comes on the screen, I have to turn the phone off and turn it back on for my data to start working again, I do this so I don't have to stop all the things that are running and killing my battery, does anyone else have this happening
    Thanks

Carrier
    Tmobile Post-Pay
    Feedback Score
    I had this exact issue about 2 weeks back here in Houston, it only happened in a certain area and turning on/off airplane mode fixed it over the short term.

I switched to the Tmobile BYOD sim since Im sure Houston will have PCS 3G here soon. I would recommend against any MVNO ATT sim, it seems that ATT wants people on their postpaid plans and if they aren't messing with the MVNO APN on purpose its extremely obvious that it's below a low priority to fix it when issues occur.
    “A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover
    that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.
    From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates
    who promise the most benefits from the public treasury,
    with the result that every democracy will finally collapse
    due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship”

-Alexander Tyler

Phones
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Galaxy Express
    Note 2
    Carriers
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    Not familiar with the ZTE Merit but I know some Samsungs have had an issue when in low signal area the modem will stop working, it will show signal but will not work. The Epic 4G Touch did that. Cycling airplane mode or rebooting fixes it. Could be a sleep mode issue too. Don't be so quick to blame ST or ATT. Surely their must be a ZTE forum site you can ask the same question too.

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I have been having this issue occasionally at home, and usually only first thing in the morning. I have a Galaxy Nexus. It seems to be a combination of the sleep and wifi. It doesn't seem to happen when I have wifi turned off, but I'm afraid that if I turn wifi off, I'll forget and download app updates over cell and burn through a lot of data unnecessarily. Sometimes airplane mode will fix it, but sometimes not. I have an app called fast reboot, and I've found that if I will turn wifi off, wait a few seconds, then hit the fast reboot (which closes and restarts most of the process on the phone without fully shutting the phone down), then it will reconnect with the cell data 90% of the time. Very occasionally, I'll still have to fully cycle power. I have been wondering about it, but haven't had time in the last 2 weeks to investigate. I have wondered if it was an issue with my router and the phone, but if others are having this issue as well, I may need to do some research. And since the wifi on when it happens, I doubt it has anything to do with ST, at least in my case.

Carriers
    Straight Talk (ATT SIM)
    Feedback Score
    I'm having the same issue with my iPhone 4S airplane mode will not fix it for me though.

Carrier
    Straighttalk
    Feedback Score
    Same thing when I switch my Nokia e71sim to my xperia play. Shut down and battery pull fixes it.

Sent from my R800at using HowardForums

Phones
    Audivox 8300 :(
    Samsung S105
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just happened to me. I was web surfing in the car, my iphone 4s lost signal, when it came back on got the access forbidden message. Tried airplane mode as that usually fixes loss of internet for me. Ended up power cycling to get it working.

Phone
    Nexus 5
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yep does it on my Galaxy Note with AT&T SIM. Have to reboot the phone to get it to connect. Usually happens multiple times in a week. Maddening, but I guess thats the price we pay for the price we pay, so to speak.

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    the forbidden object it refers to is the att proxy server. i do not think it matters if it is set in the apn or not. i have no way to test it. over time i have removed the proxy and also used it in apn and got the error. i am sure its the proxy server its trying to log onto. likely an mvno authentication issue that is intermittemt.