Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Auto-Refill Promotion -- Save $2.50/month

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone (x2)
    Feedback Score

Auto-Refill Promotion -- Save $2.50/month

I had this promotion link show up on my account today, and as much as I hated doing it, I enrolled in auto-refill in order to save $2.50 per month.
    My service end date is not until 10/08 so I have lots of time to change my mind.
    Anyone have any pro/con thoughts about this promotion and the idea of auto-refill with Straight Talk?
    -- Samsung Galaxy Express 4G LTE on the $60 GoPhone Plan
    -- Samsung Galaxy Express 4G LTE on the $45 Walmart Plan

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    I have never had a problem with auto refill. Keep saving money for good cell phone service.

Feedback Score
    You're still paying more than if you were to buy from Walmart.com with a California address to save taxes. But for an extra 2 or 3 dollars a month you have a "set it and forget it" service. So it just depends on whats worth it for you. And besides I don't trust ST to charge me automatically. I want to verify active service before expiration, before I refill.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Well if you live outside of a state that doesn't charge taxes/fees on prepaid refills, then this is a good deal. I know in states like California or Oregon, if you buy a prepaid refill from Walmart.com or Walmart physical store, theres no taxes.

I think though even for people in states with taxes, it should work out to be cheaper to buy the 3month refills than use this auto-refill with $2.5 discount. Of course, I understand many people don't want to pay 3 months upfront.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone (x2)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn744 View Post
    You're still paying more than if you were to buy from Walmart.com with a California address to save taxes. But for an extra 2 or 3 dollars a month you have a "set it and forget it" service. So it just depends on whats worth it for you. And besides I don't trust ST to charge me automatically. I want to verify active service before expiration, before I refill.
    I don't trust ST either, that's why I really had second thoughts about the whole auto-refill thing.
    I have a little over a month to figure the whole thing out.
    I just wanted to get the $2.50 discount while it was available.
    As far as active service, I don't think I will be giving them cause to deactivate me.
    I'll be weighing the comments and making a decision before my current service end date.

I appreciate the input.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dougeeebear View Post
    I had this promotion link show up on my account today, and as much as I hated doing it, I enrolled in auto-refill in order to save $2.50 per month.
    My service end date is not until 10/08 so I have lots of time to change my mind.
    Anyone have any pro/con thoughts about this promotion and the idea of auto-refill with Straight Talk?
    There was a post either on this board or the Tracfone board where people were ordering off the Walmart web site with a shipping address in a no tax state and getting the 90 day Card for $125.99 bottom line. The 'card' comes in via email, nothing actually goes to the shipping address.

Feedback Score
    Yeah I mean the same principle works for any of the monthly bundles they sell. It's a good deal if you want to pay ahead. But I don't want ST charging me automatically or especially holding onto money for services months later. They could throttle or even suspend service on a whim for any little reason and say its in the TOS. We're using ST to save money not to go backwards and get taken advantage of.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I mean the same principle works for any of the monthly bundles they sell. It's a good deal if you want to pay ahead. But I don't want ST charging me automatically or especially holding onto money for services months later. They could throttle or even suspend service on a whim for any little reason and say its in the TOS. We're using ST to save money not to go backwards and get taken advantage of.
    bingo ))))))))

Feedback Score
    I don't trust ST either, that's why I really had second thoughts about the whole auto-refill thing.
    I don't know of a single CC company that doesn't offer "Zero Dollar Liability." In the last 20 years, I've only had to initiate a chargeback less than 3 times, once against iTunes; it's hassle free and takes less than 5 minutes to perform.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone (x2)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pzwnyc View Post
    I don't know of a single CC company that doesn't offer "Zero Dollar Liability." In the last 20 years, I've only had to initiate a chargeback less than 3 times, once against iTunes; it's hassle free and takes less than 5 minutes to perform.
    I appreciate the input, you had mentioned that in another thread.
    I'll probably give it a go.
    Thing is it won't seem so "prepaid" if they charge my credit card every month, then I just pay it like any other bill, unlike purchasing a pin or running over to wally to get a refill card every month.

Feedback Score
    Ah, the psychology of having the feeling that you worked hard to save money

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pzwnyc View Post
    Yeah that's why I have the Amex. Disputes are easy. But of all people, you hold know that if I use my CC I have to surrender my billing address

Feedback Score
    But of all people, you hold know that if I use my CC I have to surrender my billing address
    What's the issue? I could be a job shopper, who works/lives in one part of the country, but receives his CC bills at my accountant's address. "Billing address" does not equal residence.

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think the three month and six month refill cards currently on sale on walmart.com is a better deal. I think purchasing refills on straight talk incurs some extra fees in addn to state tax.
    G
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using HowardForums

Champaign-Urbana in The Peoples Republic of Illinois
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Well, poop. I'm already on auto-refill, and it doesn't appear that there's any way to unenroll in order to get the discount. That's a screw job.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast