Thread: low phone storage space on LG Thrive

Feedback Score

low phone storage space on LG Thrive

i have straight Talk & not sure it has anything to do with it. I keep getting a message that i'm low on space. I have a Sd card in place & have moved all things that can be moved to the SD card. is there some things i can delete that are un needed. It can preloaded with some applications that i don't ever plan to use. like live TV, at&t radio, twitter,....i just don't care for it. can i delete those? will that free up space? basically if you have any tips on keeping the phone storage available that would be great. THANKS in advance

Phone
    Optimus G
    Carrier
    Not Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I used to have that same phone. To delete those stock apps, you have to root the phone and whatnot. I never bothered with that, but I did get a cache cleaner (App Cache Cleaner) and routinely ran it to free up space. Sometimes it would free up to 30 mb or so. Stuff like games and things I didn't use often I would delete and just reinstall when I needed it.

In the end the phone just has a pathetic amount of onboard storage and you gotta live with it or upgrade. Even if you root and remove all those unneeded apps you still won't have much storage space on the phone (by todays standards).

Phone
    Optimus G
    Carrier
    Not Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Oh yea, one other thing that saves quite a bit of space is to uninstall the updates on the stock apps that you don't use. You can't uninstall the apps without rooting, but you can uninstall any updates to those apps you have installed. That will free up to another 30 mb or so if I recall correctly.

Phones
    nexus 4
    NEXUS 4 / N900
    xperia pro mk16i silver & mk16a black
    Carriers
    T-MOBILE USA
    GLOBE
    Feedback Score
    Root the phone to delete bloatwares. Then, create a second partition in your memory card for apps (you can choose how big). install link2sd app to dump all apps except system apps in the card

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudstrife1ph View Post
    Root the phone to delete bloatwares. Then, create a second partition in your memory card for apps (you can choose how big). install link2sd app to dump all apps except system apps in the card
    how do i do any of these things? Rooting the phone & partitioning the memory card? i know how to find & install apps. :-) I'm completely cell phone illiterate otherwise.

Phones
    nexus 4
    NEXUS 4 / N900
    xperia pro mk16i silver & mk16a black
    Carriers
    T-MOBILE USA
    GLOBE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ginny4 View Post
    how do i do any of these things? Rooting the phone & partitioning the memory card? i know how to find & install apps. :-) I'm completely cell phone illiterate otherwise.
    Search xda devekopers if they have a section for lg thrive. Ways of rooting varies. Some can be done with a simple one click method while some needs to downgrade as current firmwares patch things up and harder or not possible to root...