Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Proclaim questions

Feedback Score

Samsung Proclaim questions

I recently saw this phone onn ST's website. I am interested in a smart phone that I can use as a Hotspot. I currently have an unlocked Galaxy Nexus but if I get the ST sim I think that would put me on At&t. Isn't the Proclaim on Verizon? I travel in the midwest and Southwest and currently use a dumb Tracfone on Verizon with great coverage. It is my understanding that Verizon has the best 3/4g coverage. Correct? My Nexus has the hotspot feature out of the box. What about the Proclaim? Has anyone had expeience with the Proclaim and ST limiting your data usage? Thanks

Feedback Score
    the Samsung Proclaim is on verizon and is native coverage only (no roaming)
    if the proclaim has a hotspot feature it is most likely disabled by straight talk as tethering is against
    straight talks terms of service. ther is a rumored 100mb a day/2gb a month data limit, anything over that
    straight talk gives you a warning. continue, and your phone will be shut off.

Feedback Score

Moisheh

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Mifi 4620L
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You are not allowed to tether period. If you do and you get caught kiss your account goodbye.

Feedback Score
    I have been told that the phone cannot be used used to access most of the net. "Cannot be used to access the internet, intranets, or other data networks except the device native applications and capabilities permit." If that is correct the phone is useless!!!

Moisheh

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Don't know on how accurate information this is, but I saw a YouTube review video of the phone and the guy said that when he attempted to use the wifi hotspot, data on his phone stopped working to the point where he had to have it replaced.

OTOH, if you're fine with USB-only tethering I would assume that you could install PdaNet, since it hides your usage as tethering and makes it look like the phone is using that data, so unless they check every data packet or the browser agent they wouldn't know.

But even so, you would still have to watch your tethering usage and only use a minimal amount of data.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    <<Achieved on "America's Most Affordable 4G Network!"

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
    I recently saw this phone onn ST's website. I am interested in a smart phone that I can use as a Hotspot. I currently have an unlocked Galaxy Nexus but if I get the ST sim I think that would put me on At&t. Isn't the Proclaim on Verizon? I travel in the midwest and Southwest and currently use a dumb Tracfone on Verizon with great coverage. It is my understanding that Verizon has the best 3/4g coverage. Correct? My Nexus has the hotspot feature out of the box. What about the Proclaim? Has anyone had expeience with the Proclaim and ST limiting your data usage? Thanks

You might be better off getting a verizon xoom and getting the pay as you go plan and buy the amount of data you need and tether. no charge to reinstate plan if your needs change and you stop it.

Feedback Score
    I have the Proclaim, It is a great starter phone for a smart phone on ST. Its good for light use and mainly used for texting and calling with barely any apps installed.

If you are looking for a hot-spot phone I would advice against getting the proclaim for it.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone actually received the data limit warning on the proclaim? I assume it's different AT&T Vs T-Mobile VS Verizon

i've love to buy a proclaim and torrent the SH** out of it before the 30 day return period is over just to see :P

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Redking117 View Post
    i've love to buy a proclaim and torrent the SH** out of it before the 30 day return period is over just to see :P
    LOL! Please do. I've been wondering too. Really wanna stay on Verizon's network, but if it's got the same data restrictions as the ATT sims then I'm just going to get an Galaxy SIII.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jbutler803 View Post
    LOL! Please do. I've been wondering too. Really wanna stay on Verizon's network, but if it's got the same data restrictions as the ATT sims then I'm just going to get an Galaxy SIII.
    Wish I could guess walmart has a 15 day return on phones and will never accept service cards. lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jbutler803 View Post
    Wish I could guess walmart has a 15 day return on phones and will never accept service cards. lol

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    They generally do have a 15 day return policy on phones, however st gives u a 30 day money back guarantee, and i love my proclaim. Its the best phone I've owned yet. I just wish they'd come up with a one click root for it so i could customize a little bit more.. I should've waited to buy mine for a few weeks tho cuz ive seen some deals on ebay and amazon on prices for the handset. . I could've paid like 80 bux less if I'd of waited... Lol

Sent from my SCH-S720C using HowardForums

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    I've not recieved one yet,.and last month i used close to 3g with no warning. But, it could happen in the future, u just never know. ...

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by babygurl28 View Post
    I've not recieved one yet,.and last month i used close to 3g with no warning. But, it could happen in the future, u just never know. ...

Keep us posted with usage stats and if you receive any warnings. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast