Thread: can I change # on my straight talk iphone?

Feedback Score

can I change # on my straight talk iphone?

I currently have an Iphone 4s with the straight talk sim and an active phone #. I have a verizon phone I want to discontinue using and transfer the # to my iphone. Can I do this without getting another SIM card and reactivating my iphone? Thanks

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Been watching this forum for weeks, and everyone save for one person has said that you must get a new sim to port over that number. Once a number is assigned to a SIM card, it cannot be changed. One poster said that he was able to get a manager to switch a new number to his sim card, but if I recall it was because his port request messed up and he was assigned a new ST number, and then called to get it switched to the ported number. Don't remember the particulars. However, everyone else (dozens of people) have said that there is no way to do it. You'll have to buy another SIM card and then port when you activate it. You can transfer your ST account to the new SIM and not lose any credit you may have.

Feedback Score
    I figured there was no way to do it, but i just wanted to make sure. I sent Straight Talk an email and asked them yesterday and as of yet no response. Thanks for the reply.

Feedback Score
    There is a way you could order a free sim through slick deals coupon code. Enter in BYOD deal on site as a new customer. however you would have to pay for the next month and enter in details for porting details your A/C number. And your number will be ported in 1 to 2 hours. The only way to switch is have an active phone. I lost my seven year old phone number. When i ported out from Straight talk worst decison ever. So follow what i did . And you should be okay.

Carriers
    T-Mobile prepaid
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Usually when I call CS to do something like this, they seem pretty responsive and will send me a new sim card at no cost to me. Then you have to call them when it arrives and they will work some magic on it and it's all good. HOwever I do like to avoid calling CS if I can, so I would probably just pick up another sim card on my own, activate/port in from VZW online (you would be the best judge of when is best, probably near the end of the month for either your current ST sim or your current verizon payment). As soon as the port is complete then just put your new sim in your 4s.

Carriers
    Straight Talk (ATT SIM)
    Feedback Score

can I change # on my straight talk iphone?

Transfer the number to google voice simple and you will have it forever on any device even if you don't pay your bill.