Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score

E-Mail Gateway Q re: Net10 LG900g

Trying to find out for a friend running an LG900g on Net10 (AT&T):

He received a few MMS messages with attached video clips that he needs to forward to an e-mail address. I don't know how or if Net10 has an established way of doing this. Is there simply a destination selection somewhere in the phone's messaging menu that allows this, or do you have to do some sort of conventional MMS message with coding showing an e-mail gateway or whatever? Remember, there are attachments that have to be included. TIA!

Phone
    Moto W260G, LG420G, LG500G, LG600G, LG900G, Optimus V
    Carrier
    Tracfone Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Clips will be too big if they go over 300k. After you 'stop' capturing the video, and then select Send > Message, it will say 'Message capacity exceeded'. So, that would stop your friend right there.

Special gateway you can use for this to get around the 300k limit, no. The gateway is firmware, so it can't be chanbged by the end user. There is a gateway port number available to the user but that won't help here.

As far as sending anything to an e-mail address and not phone to phone, he could see if an old trick works (I never tried it on the 900) It used to go like this:

In the TO: field enter in the word email.
    In the BODY: enter in the destination email address, then one space, followed by the message.
    Send it.
    K-L-M

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    On the LG900G, one way to send it to an email is to store the email address under the contact's name. That way, when you are in the TO: field, you can select that contact's name and then choose for it to use the email address to send the SMS or MMS versus the contact's cell phone number. Just FYI.

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, guys.

Hey BobbyLee, I had received an e-mail notification of a reply posting you had here early this afternoon. Did you decide to retract that info (it disappeared pretty fast)?

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Yep, after rereading your post I didn't feel like I answered your question. I had to run out for awhile so I just deleted it before leaving figuring I'd do a rewrite later. By the time I got back K-L-M had already covered it pretty well. I have the LG900G so I just supplemented his post.