Thread: LG800g top screen icons.. what do they mean please?

Feedback Score

Question LG800g top screen icons.. what do they mean please?

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here and I was wondering if someone could please tell me what the tiny icons mean on the top of the LG800g phone?

I know there's signal strength, bluetooth enabled and call reject/divert yellow arrow. I'm assuming the yellow bell means the ringer is on? (is that right?) And does the little gray box mean the phone has a memory card installed?

But what does the blue circle mean? With the little white square and white circle mean?

Is there a master list to identify all these icons?

Thanks so much for any help you can offer me. It's nice to be here

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlie View Post
    Hi everyone,

This is my first post here and I was wondering if someone could please tell me what the tiny icons mean on the top of the LG800g phone?

I know there's signal strength, bluetooth enabled and call reject/divert yellow arrow. I'm assuming the yellow bell means the ringer is on? (is that right?) And does the little gray box mean the phone has a memory card installed?

But what does the blue circle mean? With the little white square and white circle mean?

Is there a master list to identify all these icons?

Thanks so much for any help you can offer me. It's nice to be here
    There are two rows of icons at the top (you are correct about the top row). The bottom row is the two circles. The left circle is either grey or rust and the right circle is either blue or grey. They tell you which home screen you are on. Rust or blue indicates you are active on that screen. Grey means you are on the other screern (the one that is blue or rust). Swipe your finger across the screen and you will see the change back and forth. Rust is your set up contacts shortcut screen. Blue is the Apps. shortcut screen.

You will also notice near bottom left the odd shaped area with the white triangle also changes blue/rust also. Use it to unlock/lock the two home screens to make changes. Normally seldom used shortcuts are hidden away at the bottom and can only be seen when unlocked..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    There are two rows of icons at the top (you are correct about the top row). The bottom row is the two circles. The left circle is either grey or rust and the right circle is either blue or grey. They tell you which home screen you are on. Rust or blue indicates you are active on that screen. Grey means you are on the other screern (the one that is blue or rust). Swipe your finger across the screen and you will see the change back and forth. Rust is your set up contacts shortcut screen. Blue is the Apps. shortcut screen.

You will also notice near bottom left the odd shaped area with the white triangle also changes blue/rust also. Use it to unlock/lock the two home screens to make changes. Normally seldom used shortcuts are hidden away at the bottom and can only be seen when unlocked..
    Thanks so much Tracfancier for your very informative reply

When I first got the phone a few days ago, I accidentally swiped the home screen from left to right and saw the rust colored tab appear.. but I thought I had done something wrong. Is the blue tabbed home screen the default one?

Also, I apologize for not being able to reply to you sooner. We had terrible, terrible storms here last night (we're in hurricane season).

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If you turn the phone off and back on it remembers which one it was on when turned off. Not sure if it does this if you pull the battery when the phone is on.

Feedback Score
    Thanks so much Tracfancier. You've been so helpful

Feedback Score
    I need help with my net 10 lg800g. The message box icons are confusing, there is a regular box for text messages and then the mms messages that have the box with a movie film on the right corner. But what is the box that has another little box in the corner it almost looks like a little business card of some sort. This phone has been doing some strange things lately. Can someone help me. It appears on my inbox messages and my outbox messages, its not a voicemail, text message or mms message.

Feedback Score
    There is something called a v-card that is like a business card that you can send. It has all the information so that the recipient can just make your contact out of it. Perhaps that is the icon with the little card. I have never seen one because I seldom get texts anyway. Your phone has a place where you can create your v-card. Contacts > Square icon on lower left > Information > My Business Card.