Thread: Sprint Blackberry Curve 9330 flashed to CricKet and no 3G?

Feedback Score

Sprint Blackberry Curve 9330 flashed to CricKet and no 3G?

I recently bought a Blackberry Curve 9330 from a lady off craigslist. It is fully flashed (according to her). I took it to my CricKet sotre and they set it up on their Blackberry data plan. I can talk, text, and WiFi. What they were unable to do was get this phone connected to the 3G network. I cannot send or recieve MMS on it either. I have tried CricKet phone support and 3 different CricKet stores and no one can get this phone to connect to the CricKet 3G network.

Any ideas? I don't want to buy one of their phones unless I have to. I got this Blackberry for $20 and hope I can get it on the 3G network.

Feedback Score
    Oh... It's a Sprint Blackberry.

Feedback Score
    Yeah you need to have your account info provisioned to the phone for data.

Feedback Score
    How do I go about doing that? Do I need to contact CricKet?

Feedback Score

yes

go to a store that knows what the hell they are doing and have them set your account up correctly

Feedback Score
    So Iwent into the main, BIG, cricket store in my area lst night. The girl there (who was smoking hot btw) contacted some guy from another store through a remote PC connection. She had him provision my phone and set up the account "properly". It took about 15 minutes and my phone immediatly started acting differently but not in the ways I'd hoped. When she handed it back to me nothing had changed other than now instead of refusing to D/L MMS it says it's D/Ling and just hangs there forever. Also, still no 3G connection. I pointed this out to her and she said that when they provision the phone and refresh the account, it can take a couple of hours for the changes to take effect. I asked her to send me a pic mssg to test it out. She did and today (next morning) it still will not D/L. (btw, not a pic of herself or I would have posted it. Seriously, she was hot). So it's been over two hours and still no changes, no MMS, no 3G. She told me there is no guarantee that I will ever be able to access these features on a flashed phone. Grrrr....

Feedback Score
    I also tried pulling the battery for a hard reset and tried *228. Neither will work. Looks like I'm gonna have to cave and buy a freakin smartphone from CricKet if I want to use MMS. I am beginning to doubt that this phone was "Fully" flashed. Any ideas?

Feedback Score
    I went back to the same CricKet store (same hot girl) and explained that it still wasn't working. She said she was wondering about whether or not what she did had worked and was upset to hear that it didn't. She offered to try and refresh my service again. I hesitated but said "What the hell could it hurt to try it one more time?". Well, it worked. MMS works now. Still no 3G though but I use MMS way more. Not only did hot cricket girl fix the phone, but I got her number too. Yesterday was a good day.

Thx ljohnson1981

Feedback Score
    your welcome, what you need to do is check your settings in cdma workshop make sure your user name and passwords are set correctly and last but not least you need to make sure you have your service books loaded and finally edit your reg id to whats appropriate in your area. btw i hope you can make sex with her!!!!! I am stupid!