Thread: I'd like to stream Netflix from my iphone 4 using only 3g to my TV wirelessly.

Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score

I'd like to stream Netflix from my iphone 4 using only 3g to my TV wirelessly.

I know I can use an av adapter or hdmi cable to connect my phone to my tv to stream netflix. Is there a device that would let me control Netflx remotely--even just play, pause, although I'd prefer to be able to view my instant queue, start a movie, etc. If not with the cable is there a dock that would let me do this? I don't mind if I have to use wifi to control the Netflix app, but I want the stream to the TV to be all 3g. I don't want to us any of my wifi bandwidth for the streaming. ATT is going to cap my DSL, so I want to use my unlimited data plan for my iphone as much as possible.

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    I don't really understand what you're asking or trying to accomplish. You want to watch Netflix on your TV? But you want to stream it from your phone? That's what AirPlay is for.

That aside: The reasonable usage threshold on your DSL line is a heck of a lot higher than on your wireless data plan, so moving traffic off of DSL onto 3G is completely counter-productive.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for your reply, but I thought I was quite explicit about what I want to do. ATT will be capping monthly bandwidth at 150gb per month. Sounds like a lot, but it may not be--especially going forward. With 5 people in my househould using computers and ios devices, conserving bandwidth could be an issue. I read one analysis that said three hours per day streaming of Netrflix in HD will hit that limit. So it makes sense to use my iphone unlimited 3g as much as possible, and one way to do this would be to stream Netflix from my phone to my tv.

I know that I can use a cable from my phone that is connected to my tv for this purpose, and I'm trying to find a way to control this from the comfort of my couch remotely--using a cable or some kind of dock. My understanding is that Airplay requires a wifi connection, which means that streaming from my phone using Airplay would not be using my ATT 150gb quota rather than my unlimited 3G.

Unless I'm missing something my question remains: How can I turn off wifi on my phone and stream netflix remotely to my tv via 3g.

Phones
    iP4s (32GB Black)
    iP4s (32GB Black)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score