Thread: US Cellular on PagePlus?

Feedback Score

US Cellular on PagePlus?

A friend of mine was looking at putting her husband's US Cellular phone on the $80 Page Plus plan. He uses minimal minutes so it would be perfect for him, but when she called Page Plus they said she could not use his US Cellular phone on their network. I thought I had read on this forum that people have activated them no problem. So can you use a US Cellular phone on pageplus, and do you have to change the phone in any way to get it activated? Thanks!

Carrier
    Droid 2 on Page Plus Cellular ( RIP on 4/15) E71 ( soon to be Samsung Captivate) on Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I have successfully put a few US Cellular phones on page plus. What kind of phone does he have?

Phones
    N/A
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Motorola V9m
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    They will tell you that, because they won't officially support a US Cellular phone. If you take a Motorola feature phone, for example, a W385 or K1m or something, from US Cellular and put it on Page Plus, chances are calls and texts would work but data, web, and picture messaging would not. There are several ways you can hack the proper settings in and get everything working - I mentioned Motorolas because those are the ones I would know how to do this on - but don't go blaming Page Plus if you can't get stuff working, you're on your own.

The necessary hacks and settings to get things working will vary from phone to phone.

Feedback Score
    I have also got a few US Cellular phones to work on PPC, but as bob says above talk and text work, but data and picture messaging do not.

Phones
    Droid 3, SE W518,
    Atrix HD, HTC 8925
    Carrier
    TMO, H2O, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Also, over-the-air programming and PRL updates may not work, as many US Cellular phones have a MSL code that is locked (not 000000).

Carriers
    Cricket GSM (this month)
    Feedback Score
    Maybe one of the dealers who is a member of HowardForums would help you get it activated. The one that I contacted has been very helpful.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.