Thread: Looking to buy an LG 231C phone on straight talk but can't find it anywhere, why not?

Feedback Score

Looking to buy an LG 231C phone on straight talk but can't find it anywhere, why not?

I'm looking to buy an LG 231C phone on straight talk but can't find it anywhere, why not? The tracfone website lists the LG 231C, but when I type in my area code it's not offered to me. I tried searching around other websites like walmart, kmart, and target but I can't find it. I want to buy this phone to use with straight talk, so does it have to be in a straight talk package or something? I've noticed that the LG 231C is also used by Net10, could I buy the phone from Net10 and then get it to work with straight talk?

Is there anywhere I can find this phone to buy and get it to work with straight talk? You think if I called customer service at tracfone I could somehow get them to sell me a LG 231C?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It`s available using a CDMA only zip code. If you order it you will have to change the zip code to yours for the shipping. IMPORTANT: Do not order it if you do not have Verizon coverage in your area.
    http://www.shopstraighttalk.com/bpdi...Phonelist=true

Feedback Score
    Thanks so much for replying. That's the crazy thing though, I was using 13622 as the zip code and it offered me the lg 220c phone which is a CDMA phone, but would not offer me the lg 231c. I was pissed because I wanted a CDMA flip phone with a camera. So you can see my frustration.

Your zip code trick worked great, the tracfone site is now offering me the lg 231, and I just noticed new today that the site is also offering me the samsung r335c as well which fits all my needs, this phone was NOT offered last night when I posted this topic. Isn't that crazy?

Feedback Score
    Straight talk phones are relatively inexpensive and i am sure that you can find a phone that has basically the same features. Just make sure that you get the phone with the service towers that correspond to your area

Phones
    Sony Experia S
    Sony Xperia S
    Feedback Score
    I see that the Nokia e71 is being offered in another zip code but not in mine... we have the Nokia 6790 available (both ATT towers) .. any reason that this would be? Will they ship it to me if I change the zip code for billing and shipping? it asks me if I want to change (from the initial zip to choose the e71 to my actual zip)..
    Anyone have any experience in this?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alittlesteph View Post
    I see that the Nokia e71 is being offered in another zip code but not in mine... we have the Nokia 6790 available (both ATT towers) .. any reason that this would be? Will they ship it to me if I change the zip code for billing and shipping? it asks me if I want to change (from the initial zip to choose the e71 to my actual zip)..
    Anyone have any experience in this?
    The 6790 and the E71 both use the same SIM which gives AT&T service. So both should work equally well in your area, but you should check locally to see how well AT&T works. So go ahead and order the e71 whoever you can find it. No problem changing the zip for the shipping address, people do it every day.

One rural Missouri zip is used so often that Trac must think it is the largest city in the USA.