Thread: Ordering online with PO Box

Phones
    Razr VE20
    iPhone 3GS
    Carriers
    USCC
    Feedback Score

Ordering online with PO Box

OK, I tried to place an order online but I see where an order cannot be shipped to a PO Box (that's understandable) but that billing address and ship to address must match. My issue is this--my credit card billing address is a PO Box so there is no way to place an order online. I even talked to cs and the guy couldn't understand why I have 2 different addresses. Is my only option to go into a store to place my order?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy02 View Post
    OK, I tried to place an order online but I see where an order cannot be shipped to a PO Box (that's understandable) but that billing address and ship to address must match. My issue is this--my credit card billing address is a PO Box so there is no way to place an order online. I even talked to cs and the guy couldn't understand why I have 2 different addresses. Is my only option to go into a store to place my order?
    I bought my X online and I have a P.O. Box billing address and they shipped to my home. I seem to recall that you get a chance in the process to tell it to ship to a different address.

Phones
    Razr VE20
    iPhone 3GS
    Carriers
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    Maybe they changed since you placed your order...

From the web order form "The billing and shipping address must be the same for phone and service orders"

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Call up your cc company, and add that physical (i.e. NOT PO box) address as an authorized address... and use that for both ship & payment...
    "Got Root?"

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I just placed an online order this week, and used my work address for the "Ship to" address. No problems.

Phones
    iPhone 4
    Droid Incredible
    Samsung 4G LC11
    Carrier
    Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Existing customers can ship to whichever address they like, but for security and fraud reasons, I believe new customers must have their shipping and billing addresses match.

LTE has the right idea, go to your card issuer's website or call them to add your physical shipping address as one authorized for verification.
    Verizon Wireless - More bars in more places on the now network.
    Every time you ask whether you can use a VZW smartphone without a data plan, God kills a kitten.
    And by God, I mean me - and by kitten, I mean many kittens. So many kittens.

Mobile Phone History by Carrier - on Pastebin

Phones
    Razr VE20
    iPhone 3GS
    Carriers
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by readability View Post
    Existing customers can ship to whichever address they like, but for security and fraud reasons, I believe new customers must have their shipping and billing addresses match.
    I understand that but I would think that CS could work around this. MY billing address is a PO Box and I'm certain I am not alone here. I shouldn't have to change anything with the cc company (imo) but maybe I will if I want that Droid X as bad as I think I do . Thanks to all

Phones
    Razr VE20
    iPhone 3GS
    Carriers
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    Well, I was in my local WalMart yesterday and saw that they had a X on display and I asked if they had this phone in stock--to my surprise, she said 'yes'. Happy Dance, I got my new phone!!!

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I never thought FedEx could ship to a PO BOX, but I just ordered some things on Amazon, and according to FedEx it's then transferred to the USPS... Not sure how that works or why other companies can't/won't do it.

FedEx SmartPost is the name, I don't know much about it, other then it can take 2-8 days for shipping so...
    I guess it is 'possible' to FedEx it and yet get it at a PO.... never knew that!

Phones
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Samsung Rogue SCH-U960 (retired, gave to bro-in-law)
    LG VX10000 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTE View Post
    I never thought FedEx could ship to a PO BOX, but I just ordered some things on Amazon, and according to FedEx it's then transferred to the USPS... Not sure how that works or why other companies can't/won't do it.

FedEx SmartPost is the name, I don't know much about it, other then it can take 2-8 days for shipping so...
    I guess it is 'possible' to FedEx it and yet get it at a PO.... never knew that!
    For the love of all things holy, please, do not, under any circumstance try doing that with FedEx Ground. Your results may vary considerably.

Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier
    Verizon (Alltel Plan)
    Feedback Score
    FedEx and the USPS partnered a while ago. I would say nearly 10 years ago. If you notice many post offices have a Fed Ex box also. FedEx is the major air carrier to get First class and priority mail from point A to point B for local sorting and delivery by USPS.