Thread: "Data Dormant" Icon?! Help?

Feedback Score

"Data Dormant" Icon?! Help?

I just recently sent a picture message, and that weird arrow symbol won't go away! I looked it up and it said "Data Dormant".... but my message was sent fine... I have the Unlimited Texters Delight plan so I should be allowed to sent Picture messages; I have before. How can I get it to go away?? Thanks!

Phones
    Chaser is my main, Rumor 2 as my backup...Samsung M535, the Arc, the Snapper, The Vox 8610
    Motorola v60i, Nokia 5180i (both retired after 2 years)
    Nokia 1221, Motorola v170
    Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    What phone are you using?
    "If it's for freeeeee, it's for meeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Phones
    iPhone 5 16GB
    iPhone 5 32GB (wife)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sra134
    I just recently sent a picture message, and that weird arrow symbol won't go away! I looked it up and it said "Data Dormant".... but my message was sent fine... I have the Unlimited Texters Delight plan so I should be allowed to sent Picture messages; I have before. How can I get it to go away?? Thanks!
    "Data Dormant"? As Dave Barry would say, that sounds like a great name for a rock band!

Seriously, "data dormant" just means that the data channel is closed, but the underlying connection is still established, in case you want to use it again in the near future. There's a fair amount of overhead in setting up a data connection, and the phone really doesn't want to do it every time you need to use data.
    If you want to force close the data link, just reboot the phone. There's really no advantage in doing so, however. You can't incur any costs while in data dormant mode - it's just the way things are done.

Feedback Score
    Oh okay! Thanks so much! *I am using samsung slash.* That makes more sense! I couldn't find any info on it at all before. Haha(=