Thread: Straight Talk R451c Has Java, But not enabled!!!

Phones
    r451c
    LG 290c
    LG 220c
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Straight Talk R451c Has Java, But not enabled!!!

I have a Straight Talk Samsung R451c. I keep trying to get Java apps on my phone. I called Samsung and they said it has Java, but Straight Talk disabled that and many more extensions from being downloaded onto the phone. They told me to call Straight Talk, so I did. They said it wouldn't be fair to the other customers if they told me how to enable downloading and Java. That being said, THERE IS A WAY TO HACK IT! Looking at the Samsung website seeing Java enabled is the ONLY reason I bought this phone. Click Here to see the Samsung specs. Not to mention I bought it on eBay for $108 w/accessories. I have another post in the Straight Talk forums, please help me out in trying to figure out how to do this. Thanks so much!
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1609835
    Tabinat0r
    E-mail: tfitts89@gmail.com
    Phone: (480) 369-8499
    My Facebook
    My MySpace

Phones
    HTC Eris
    Samsung R451c-wife
    Samsung I910-up for sale
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tabinat0r
    I have a Straight Talk Samsung R451c. I keep trying to get Java apps on my phone. I called Samsung and they said it has Java, but Straight Talk disabled that and many more extensions from being downloaded onto the phone. They told me to call Straight Talk, so I did. They said it wouldn't be fair to the other customers if they told me how to enable downloading and Java. That being said, THERE IS A WAY TO HACK IT! Looking at the Samsung website seeing Java enabled is the ONLY reason I bought this phone. Click Here to see the Samsung specs. Not to mention I bought it on eBay for $108 w/accessories. I have another post in the Straight Talk forums, please help me out in trying to figure out how to do this. Thanks so much!
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1609835
    This would be good to know as my wife has the 451

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy s**t.. What a Ride!! '

Feedback Score
    If you're still around, Tabinator, I have a question. Same phone -- R451c. I am trying to log into my gmail account. Gmail wants me to verify my account since I've never logged in before from the phone. So I choose a verification question, hit OK, scroll down to the "Continue" button. It won't highlight, no matter what I try. So I can't verify my Google account.

I saw on a video you made that you had gotten gmail working on this phone. How did you get the "Continue" button at the bottom of the Gmail verify page to highlight on the R451c?

Thanks,
    ken

Feedback Score
    Solved this issue. Signed up for Google's 2-step verification. That sends a verification code to your phone that you input online and which gave me access to Gmail on my phone. Also, it lets you set up one-time-entered specially generated codes for other devices you own, such as your tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by kenwinstoncaine View Post
    If you're still around, Tabinator, I have a question. Same phone -- R451c. I am trying to log into my gmail account. Gmail wants me to verify my account since I've never logged in before from the phone. So I choose a verification question, hit OK, scroll down to the "Continue" button. It won't highlight, no matter what I try. So I can't verify my Google account.

I saw on a video you made that you had gotten gmail working on this phone. How did you get the "Continue" button at the bottom of the Gmail verify page to highlight on the R451c?

Thanks,
    ken