Thread: Yahoo Mail on Straight Talk

Feedback Score

Yahoo Mail on Straight Talk

I have the Samsung 451c and so far everything is working OK except for Yahoo Mail, I cannot access this on the web browser even though I can get Gmail OK. I know this is a common problem. Does anyone have a solution or know when Straight Talk will get this fixed? I called CS about 1 week ago and they said they are working on it!!! Frustrating!!

Feedback Score
    You can forward all your yahoo mail to gmail so you can read them on the go.

Feedback Score

Forwarding

It costs $20.00 to upgrade yahoo mail so you can forward messages to another email address!

Phones
    LG 600g
    LG 225
    Moto w376g
    Carriers
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Bump!

I'm having this issue too, not just with Yahoo email but any part of Yahoo's site. I get a "502" error.

My r451c works fine with gmail and hotmail, though.

Phones
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Nokia 8290 on Simple Mobile (T-Mobile site checker)
    6340i (AT&T site checker) / 6200 backup GSM phone with 850
    Carriers
    Simple Mobile / AT&T PAYG (for backup & checking cell sites) / PagePlus (trial)
    Vodafone NZ / M1 (SIN)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Borghi
    I have the Samsung 451c and so far everything is working OK except for Yahoo Mail, I cannot access this on the web browser even though I can get Gmail OK. I know this is a common problem. Does anyone have a solution or know when Straight Talk will get this fixed? I called CS about 1 week ago and they said they are working on it!!! Frustrating!!
    In my experience with yahoo email over the years they often do funky stuff which strains browsers. QA is not their strong suit.

Fortunately for the general public they normally have extended periods where the previous version email is available to those who want/need it.

Hopefully this is a similar case where they will tweak their coding and something will start working again.

Now that my pacbell email accounts (AT&T landline/DSL based) were force migrated to the yahoo platform from the AT&T webmail system I need to worry about this too. Please keep us up to date.
    AT&T and T-Mobile SF Bay Area+ Cell Sites - with Cell ID labels
    http://sfocellsites.com/
    Over 1,100 AT&T sites in the 9 Bay Area counties + San Benito, Santa Cruz and Monterey counties
    Now over 1,500 T-Mobile sites in these 12 counties

Phones
    iPhone 5
    Sanyo Zio 6000
    Samsung Messager 2
    Carriers
    Cricket
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsmith59
    In my experience with yahoo email over the years they often do funky stuff which strains browsers. QA is not their strong suit.

Fortunately for the general public they normally have extended periods where the previous version email is available to those who want/need it.

Hopefully this is a similar case where they will tweak their coding and something will start working again.

Now that my pacbell email accounts (AT&T landline/DSL based) were force migrated to the yahoo platform from the AT&T webmail system I need to worry about this too. Please keep us up to date.
    No, I have a workaround to fix this issue, if I can get the codes to get into my Samsung R451C programming menus. Involves changing web server/user name settings. But have not found codes to access the hidden menu.

Phone
    Merit ZTE
    Carrier
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    I have no problem accessing my yahoo mail using ST. It worked right from the get go.