Thread: VERIZON vs StraightTalk vs PagePlus

Phone
    In-Limbo
    Carrier
    Sprint SERO Premium 500
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

VERIZON vs StraightTalk vs PagePlus

after reading the thread "Verizon Unlimited Connect vs. Straight Talk Unlimited" i thought i could sum things up for alot of ppl here

VERIZON: way over price but GOOD network (yea i know it was short but ppl know about verizons prices and networks)

StraightTalk: uses VERIZONS network only-theres no off network roaming meaning you only get to use VERIZONS network..you can only use the phones that are provided by StraightTalk...the price is $45 plus taxs a month for unlimited talk,text and data.

PagePlus:uses VERIZONS network and you can roam off the Verizons network, meaning if your phone cant find a verizon tower it will try to roam on other networks like Sprint, USC and so on and the rate of 59 cents per min..you can use ANY Verizon phone or you could flash any CDMA phone to work with verizon (loading the verizon PRL into the phone) i would stick with just the verizon brand phones if you dont know what flashing is..the price is $39.95 a month with no taxs at all just the $39.95 for unlimited talk,text and 20MB of data (soon to be unlimited)

i think i got everything ??

im a guy who likes to save money and i look for the best deals,prices i can get...for me i choose PagePlus because Verizon is king in my area and i pay $39.95 a month. i used to be with sprint and paying $70 or more a month..im got alot of friends and family to dump the contracts they had and they came over to PagePlus....well i hope this helps every one understand the diff in the companies i posted about...

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101

PagePlus:uses VERIZONS network and you can roam off the Verizons network, meaning if your phone cant find a verizon tower it will try to roam on other networks like Sprint, USC and so on and the rate of 59 cents per min..you can use ANY Verizon phone or you could flash any CDMA phone to work with verizon (loading the verizon PRL into the phone) i would stick with just the verizon brand phones if you dont know what flashing is..the price is $39.95 a month with no taxs at all just the $39.95 for unlimited talk,text and 20MB of data (soon to be unlimited)

i think i got everything ??
    What I find intriguing about PagePlus, is their $10 for 120 days of service and 83 minutes. And unused minutes roll over. Even if one can't stretch 83 minutes out for 120 days and you have to replenish once a month, $10/month is pretty good. IMHO, that's a good value for anyone who uses their cell phone infrequently.

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    $3.00/month actually (10/4 + $0.50/month service charge)

Personally I like PP because I don't like being on a contract if I can avoid it and the $40/month works really well for me. I love getting to use my Verizon phone and getting their coverage. Not to mentioned the security that if I ever can't afford even $40/month I can switch plans and keep my number for so much less.

Phones
    N/A
    Droid 2 Global
    LG VX9800 "The V" (backup)
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    PagePlus (or StraightTalk for that matter) is VERY tempting post-Alltel merger... Verizon was still very heavily reliant on roaming in the midwest and west, but most of this roaming was off Alltel, or off roaming partners that overlapped Alltel coverage (for instance, US Cellular was preferred here in Iowa.) Now if I went "no roaming", instead of having 1000s of miles of "no service" roads to my north, south, and west, I'd now have almost continuous coverage even without roaming.

Phone
    In-Limbo
    Carrier
    Sprint SERO Premium 500
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    yea i know what u mean. if u look at the coverage map of Verizon before they bought Altell and the coverage map they have now u can see the big space in the middle of the U.S.A. and some small areas around....if i knew how to load the maps on the site i could show u what im talking about.

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tsuki2000
    $3.00/month actually (10/4 + $0.50/month service charge)
    No it is the full $10 for a month actually if, as in my example, one used up all 83 minutes during a single month.

Feedback Score
    If you need to activate a phone I will gladly assist you. Just send me your esn of phone and zip code and you will be activated with new number. Just another service to help on these economic timeZ.

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA
    No it is the full $10 for a month actually if, as in my example, one used up all 83 minutes during a single month.

True...I was thinking about the minimum cost to keep the number if you got the phone only for emergencies or something.

Feedback Score
    If page plus had unlimited data, I would switch today

Phones
    iPhone 5s Space Gray (Unlimited Data)
    wife-iPhone 5s Silver (Unlimited Data)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett480
    If page plus had unlimited data, I would switch today
    I hope they do offer it soon. Im thinking about buying a moto droid retail and activating it on page plus. I read that it uses Verizon network so Im assuming that includes EVDO Rev. A.

Phone
    Android/Linux
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by risk235
    I hope they do offer it soon. Im thinking about buying a moto droid retail and activating it on page plus. I read that it uses Verizon network so Im assuming that includes EVDO Rev. A.
    Motorola should sell an unbranded version. That activated on a $45-50 unlimited everything plan might create enough demand to save Motorola. Hopefully they offer said option.

Phone
    In-Limbo
    Carrier
    Sprint SERO Premium 500
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

no PagePLus doesnt use the REV A network, but they do have REV 0 a.k.a EVDO and 1x as well

Phones
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    no PagePLus doesnt use the REV A network, but they do have REV 0 a.k.a EVDO and 1x as well
    Well I guess thats not too bad. I mean the Droid has wifi anyways.

Phone
    In-Limbo
    Carrier
    Sprint SERO Premium 500
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well I guess thats not too bad. I mean the Droid has wifi anyways.

true....do you get faster speeds on wifi vs Verizons EVDO network?

Phones
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    true....do you get faster speeds on wifi vs Verizons EVDO network?
    I believe so. But its not like youre always going to be around a wifi signal so you have Verizon to use or vice versa.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast