Phones
    LG800
    W370
    lg 800g
    Carrier
    tracfone
    Feedback Score

Add apps to a LG600 tracfone?

Loving the bluetooth to send files to and from the LG600. Wondering now if anyone has found a way to add apps to the little critter?

Have a good one.

Mike

Phones
    LG800
    W370
    lg 800g
    Carrier
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Clicking a contact in Outlook and choosing File - Send to Bluetooth ROX!!!!! Loving the L600

Feedback Score
    This link details making the ringtones you want, and I think I saw hints as to adding other (JME?) stuff

Phones
    LG800
    W370
    lg 800g
    Carrier
    tracfone
    Feedback Score

Success

Thanks Trell169.

Just did a search for LG phone apps and found the getjar site. Navigate to a phone with the closest # to the 600G... (I know it is not the same, but java should be cross phone was my hope...)

http://www.getjar.com/software/LG/LG550

Looked through the list and found a soduko app that was small enough to try.

Downloaded 2 files - .jar and .jad - Right clicked and choose send to get them to the phone.. Went to apps folder. =( Nothing.

Went to the Other folder though and there they were. Selected the .jar and pressed OK. It asked if I really wanted to install the app. I said you bet. It did a compile thing and then asked if I wanted to install the .jad. Ok said I. =)

Now I have a sudoku game on the 600... Not much into sudoku, but it was a great trial. Still amazed that my first guess at a phone/app was successful. Thanks again for your tips!
    Lions Rule!

Phones
    LG 290C
    Nokia 6300 (unlocked)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theroar
    Thanks Trell169.

Just did a search for LG phone apps and found the getjar site. Navigate to a phone with the closest # to the 600G... (I know it is not the same, but java should be cross phone was my hope...)

Downloaded 2 files - .jar and .jad - Right clicked and choose send to get them to the phone.. Went to apps folder. =( Nothing.

Went to the Other folder though and there they were. Selected the .jar and pressed OK. It asked if I really wanted to install the app. I said you bet. It did a compile thing and then asked if I wanted to install the .jad. Ok said I. =)

Now I have a sudoku game on the 600... Not much into sudoku, but it was a great trial. Still amazed that my first guess at a phone/app was successful. Thanks again for your tips!
    I'm dying with curiosity for someone to try installing Opera Mini on the 600G. If you want to give it a try, you can find the files to install at operamini.com. They don't have the 600G listed, but I imagine if any version would work, the version they show for the LG CG225 would be the one. It doesn't seem like they have a custom version for each phone, they just list whether the basic or the advanced version will work for each phone.

Phones
    LG800
    W370
    lg 800g
    Carrier
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Priceless!!! That is the exact app I installed next. =) I do not have any bars when I am at home though, so I am waiting to go to work tomorrow to see what it is like to browse.

It installed exactly like the soduko. (I think I have spelled that different every time...)

It popped up as a browser window, but like I said... no bars/connection.

I spend an hour trying to find a way to make my bluetooth desktop connection be a wireless connection for the 600. =( No luck there is seems.

The opera mini app was about 57k just like the game I had chosen.

Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    It installed exactly like the soduko. (I think I have spelled that differently every time...)
    Yeah, it's sudoku. Sue-dough-coo.

I started a thread on this exact subject, and whether or not Java apps which use data would work was one of our questions. It looks like we will soon get an answer, but I suspect it won't work. With the built-in browser you're limited to the Tracfone or Net10 web sites, but with Opera mini it won't make any difference because it actually connects to Opera servers instead of directly to the websites you use.

Phones
    LG 290C
    Nokia 6300 (unlocked)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Boy! I'm eager to hear the results. We'll see how well Tracfone limits connectivity on the phone. Thanks for trying it! :-)

Phones
    LG800
    W370
    lg 800g
    Carrier
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    No luck. =( It loads and tries to connect, but gives network errors... I will come back to it in a week or so and see if I come up with anything brilliant....

The bluetooth wifi bridge would be the coolest!!!!!

Phones
    LG 290C
    Nokia 6300 (unlocked)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    No luck. =( It loads and tries to connect, but gives network errors... I will come back to it in a week or so and see if I come up with anything brilliant....

The bluetooth wifi bridge would be the coolest!!!!!
    Well, thanks for trying. At least now we know! Does the phone deduct units when trying?

Phones
    LG800
    W370
    lg 800g
    Carrier
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    No, it did not deduct any units. Mini looks cool. It has a entry spot for searching and links at the bottom for 3 built in services. Can't remember them right now, but one is the place that collects sites for you to browse offline. Something with an A... I used it on my palm back in the day...

I had tried to hook that up with bluetooth back in the day... Might have to give it another go now that windows 7 has built in services.

Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Are you thinking of AvantGo? I never used it so I dunno, but I remember that it was associated with browsing the web on Palm handhelds.
    Last edited by Slinkwyde; 05-10-2009 at 09:44 PM.

Phones
    Galaxy S3
    Galaxy S3
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Trell169.

Doesn't the LG600g come with Sudoku? I could have sworn mine did.

I've got to get a new sig...

Phones
    LG800
    W370
    lg 800g
    Carrier
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I think you are right... The one I installed was Java though. I just grabbed the first one that seemed small on the LG600 list... Too funny!

I am looking to add scrabble if I can find one...

It was Avantgo. Good call.

I tried to fire up the builtin web today with hopes of swithing to the opera browser once it connected. No luck at all of course. I did get to watch minutes vaporize though... man it is painful waiting for a connection like that...

Phones
    LG800
    W370
    lg 800g
    Carrier
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Found mobiscrabble and just installed it.... Not sure it fits my screen. The first menu screen had words partially on it.. I do not see my tiles right now either...

It does run though. It was big. 500k compared to the 56 k of the others.

Also loaded a gps toy, but it popped network errors.

deleted the m-suduku and opera mini. Wishing I could delete the soduku that comes with it and the other game...