Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: LG enV2 VX9100 Firmware Version 6 (VX910V06)

Phone
    LG enV Touch
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

LG enV2 VX9100 Firmware Version 6 (VX910V06)

VX910V06 Includes DLL

Used LGNPST to flash...not the LG Download program for the other phones.

Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus / Google Nexus 7
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice find!

My Feedback

Free eBook, worth a read.

Feedback Score
    Where did you find this S/W version at? When I called Verizon's tech support, neither one of the reps. knew anything about V06 for the enV2.

Phone
    LG enV Touch
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I am good

It adds VVM. Installing VVM now. Still diggin around for other changes.

Feedback Score
    So this is official from VZW--in which case stores should have it or be in the process of getting it? Would be interesting to know what the actual (at least main) changes are.

Phone
    LG enV Touch
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C DM
    So this is official from VZW--in which case stores should have it or be in the process of getting it? Would be interesting to know what the actual (at least main) changes are.
    Buddy that passed it along got it from his indirect site so I would image that if they can get it...Corp should have it...plus the VVM page says that V06 is required for VVM so they have all intents of using this version if for some reason the stores don't have it yet.

Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus / Google Nexus 7
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well we all know that a call to a store isn't authoritative for the most part. Usually we know about new firmware for a little while before some reps do. What's really unusual is us having a copy of it so early on.

Furthermore, if someone did manage to get their hands on an unofficial firmware... that would mean we could have unofficial firmware for other vzw phones, which would be news of epic proportions. (I don't think this is the case, though)

Phone
    LG enV Touch
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If you go to this link, it states that V06 is required for VVM so I would see no reason why this is not an official release.

Last paragraph is where it discusses the requirement and to go to a VZW store to have it updated.

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (LGE-VX9100/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by stooley
    If you go to this link, it states that V06 is required for VVM so I would see no reason why this is not an official release.

Last paragraph is where it discusses the requirement and to go to a VZW store to have it updated.
    stooley, I am leaving the Verizon service center now, where I went with my 2 enV2's, to get this update. After the rep. checked for me, he said that the only version that they have is V04, which is what I already have on my black one. I would recommend that people call the store ahead of time, to make sure that they have V06 in their system. If this update just came out, it could take the stores at least 2 to 3 months to get it in...... Please let us know what bugs are fixed with this new update, once you have had a chance to test it out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose
    Wirelessly posted (LGE-VX9100/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

stooley, I am leaving the Verizon service center now, where I went with my 2 enV2's, to get this update. After the rep. checked for me, he said that the only version that they have is V04, which is what I already have on my black one. I would recommend that people call the store ahead of time, to make sure that they have V06 in their system. If this update just came out, it could take the stores at least 2 to 3 months to get it in...... Please let us know what bugs are fixed with this new update, once you have had a chance to test it out.
    At least 2 to 3 months? Although it can take stores some time to get it, and probably more importantly for the representatives to realize that they have it or can get it, it's not very likely to be that long and should be a matter of just a few days or so (assuming it's truly been released).

Phone
    LG enV Touch
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't think this would take 2-3 months to be pushed to stores...looks like it will be any day so people can take advantage of the Visual Voicemail app....why put it on the VZW.com site if they are going to wait a few months?

Phones
    HTC Rezound
    VX-8700, VX-9100, VX9200
    Droid X, HTC Rezound
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just upgraded my phone and the keyguard is partially fixed!! It now has 2 options, 1 step or two step unlock. Two step you hit a button, then hit ok and then clr button and then it will unlock. When you hit ok and then if you hit any other button but clr it will revert back to asking you to hit the ok button. Using the key to manually set the keylock still resets to 7 seconds however. I haven't noticed anything else yet, if someone else does please post your results.

Phones
    LG enV3 Slate Blue
    LG enV2 Black
    LG enV Orange
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wow dude amazing find, thank you so much!

EDIT: I installed the program, but now I can't find it in my Start Menu or Program Files to launch it I'm pretty good with computers and this has me lost...

Phones
    HTC Rezound
    VX-8700, VX-9100, VX9200
    Droid X, HTC Rezound
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    c:\lg electronics

make sure you get both the link in the first message and the LGNPST program. A quick google for LGNPST and I found it in the first page of results. Not sure its ok to link here sorry. Without LGNPST then just the firmware was useless as far as I could tell.

Also I think the contacts design has changed. When I view a contact now it will show the contact picture if applicable on the left and the info on the right. Or did I just never really pay attention to this and its been like that?

Phone
    LG enV Touch
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenSoft
    c:\lg electronics

make sure you get both the link in the first message and the LGNPST program. A quick google for LGNPST and I found it in the first page of results. Not sure its ok to link here sorry. Without LGNPST then just the firmware was useless as far as I could tell.

Also I think the contacts design has changed. When I view a contact now it will show the contact picture if applicable on the left and the info on the right. Or did I just never really pay attention to this and its been like that?
    Yea I made sure I posted the bit about needing LGNPST instead of LG Download....and yes, it is against the rules to post links to those programs...but as Raven has stated...they are easily found online. I am still digging for any differences as well....I do not remember the previous firmware enough though haha...esp. the contact part. I thought it was the way it is now with the pic on the left, but I could be wrong.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast