Thread: Unlocked Phone with Revol

Phones
    LG Voyager -Mine-
    Samsung SCH-A930 -Moms-
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Unlocked Phone with Revol

Revol phones are way too expensive and out of date, I like to use an unlocked phone or flashed? phone with them.

Has anyone done this?

Feedback Score
    i did not know that you could unlock phones to use with revol, but i would be interested in learning how.
    is it only certain phones that can be unlocked? or any phone?

Phones
    Droid 4, LG Ally
    Motorola Droid 4 XT894
    LG Ally
    Carriers
    Revol
    Feedback Score
    I have been searching for this also!

So far, I think you need to have a sims card ready phone. I did open my last flip phone up and believe the the info is stored on one of the chips on the motherboard. I know computers well and think it is the same concept!!

Opt B I was thinking was bribe one of the ghetto revol employees to "flash" a non revol phone. lol

Feedback Score
    i don't know anything about hacking phones and such, so what does "flashing" a phone even mean?
    and my ultimate goal would be to get an iphone to work with revol's unlimited everything. that would be amazing. it would save so muich on the monthly bill, even tho revol's coverage is not as good as at&t's.

Feedback Score
    Flashing a phone is when you rewrite the eeprom (electronicly erasable programable read only memory ) of the phone with a another phones eeprom. By the way revol is a cdma pcs network which will not work with the Iphone (iphone is gsm from att only for now but can be unlocked to work with any gsm provider. And another thing Revol will not accept a non revol phone to be activated. They check the ESN number. So you couldn't activate a verizon phone or any other cdma phone even if you were to flash that phone. Bastards.

Phones
    Sammy Solstice / iPhone 3GS
    iPhone 3GS
    Samsung Soltice
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Revol Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newest
    Flashing a phone is when you rewrite the eeprom (electronicly erasable programable read only memory ) of the phone with a another phones eeprom. By the way revol is a cdma pcs network which will not work with the Iphone (iphone is gsm from att only for now but can be unlocked to work with any gsm provider. And another thing Revol will not accept a non revol phone to be activated. They check the ESN number. So you couldn't activate a verizon phone or any other cdma phone even if you were to flash that phone. Bastards.

EXACTLY!! which sucks major ***

Phones
    Motorola i335
    Motorola V3M Pink
    Kyocera Strobe/Switchback
    Carriers
    Boost
    Revol
    Feedback Score
    Now You Can Use Some Non Revol Cdma Phones With The Revol Network. I Just My Verizon V3m Razr Flashed To Work. But I Can't Use The Wireless Web Or Picture Mail Now I Need To Know, Is There Is A Way To Make Those Things Work?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beautifulmarica
    Now You Can Use Some Non Revol Cdma Phones With The Revol Network. I Just My Verizon V3m Razr Flashed To Work. But I Can't Use The Wireless Web Or Picture Mail Now I Need To Know, Is There Is A Way To Make Those Things Work?
    This is great news! This is the first report I've gotten of someone getting a non-Revol phone working on the Revol network.

Where did you get it flashed for Revol? Did you do it yourself or did they do it at a store (franchise or corporate?)? If you did it yourself, what firmware did you use and where did you get it?

After I get my phone working, maybe I can figure out the picture mail and wireless web. My current phone has no camera at all, and I will give up the wireless web to get rid of this phone.

Thanks!

Joe

Feedback Score
    I answered my own question. I called Revol and they said that they can and will activate SOME handsets from other carriers, depending on the model, at a Revol corporate store for $35. Sweet!

Joe

Phones
    q9c,
    a950
    Feedback Score
    In a few weeks you should be able to have your phone flashed at just about any revol dealer or corporate location. As mentioned above the fee is $35 for both new and existing customers. You also will have to pay your first month upfront if you are signing up for a new line of service.

Phones
    Motorola i335
    Motorola V3M Pink
    Carriers
    Boost
    Revol
    Feedback Score
    They did it at the revol store for the $35. I am so glad to have a nice phone that didn't cost be an arm and a leg(and maybe even a kidney with revol's prices,lol) and I also got my unlimited service that I LOVE

Once you figure out the picture message and wireless web thing, let me know please. If I get it figured out first, I'll post it, I'm working on it now.

Phones
    Motorola i335
    Motorola V3M Pink
    Carriers
    Boost
    Revol
    Feedback Score
    Anyone Know The Wap For Revol?

Feedback Score
    I was also told that with a new phone (not purchased through revol) will not have web access and picture mail features. I would love to find out if there is a way to get onto the web if someone figures it out. I am thinking of upgrading my revol motorola E815 to a LG VX9400 which they said will work on their network but I will loose the web and picture mail.

Feedback Score
    Anyone Know The Wap For Revol?

Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

web working

There are some phones that the web will work on. No one knows which ones you just have to try it after you have your handset flashed.

I just flashed and LG VOYAGER to Revol and the web works fine. I also flashed a HELIO OCEAN and the web did not work.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast