Thread: Tmobile Internet down in Chicago Area?

Phones
    Nokia N8
    Nokia e51
    Nokia e61
    Carriers
    TMobile /
    Feedback Score

Tmobile Internet down in Chicago Area?

I have been trying to connect to the internet through my usual connection point "Tmobile Internet" (internet2.voicestream.com) and it fails, while my MMS settings work, i can do updates over MMS in WorldMate on my Nokia e61.

Is anyone having the same problem? I have been in Chicago (60634), Addison, Hanover Park, Franklin Park and had the same problem.

Phones
    HTC HD2
    ▪T▪ ▪Mobile▪ @Home
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier
    ▪T▪ ▪Mobile▪
    Feedback Score
    Are you still having trouble?

I was up and running all day yesterday and first thing this morning using internet2 and the wap gateways. And I was also in Addison, Itasca, Woodale and Schaumburg for most of the day.

Phones
    Nokia N8
    Nokia e51
    Nokia e61
    Carriers
    TMobile /
    Feedback Score
    Still an issue. I am in Chicago now. I called TMO CS yesterday but I got disconnected somewhere between a dept. transfer. The DATA dept guy told me my phone is not receiving the GPRS signal, but it works through the wap gateway.

I'll have to call again today
    This is my first issue with TMO in over 3 years.

Phones
    HTC HD2
    ▪T▪ ▪Mobile▪ @Home
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier
    ▪T▪ ▪Mobile▪
    Feedback Score

Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by gucio24
    Still an issue. I am in Chicago now. I called TMO CS yesterday but I got disconnected somewhere between a dept. transfer. The DATA dept guy told me my phone is not receiving the GPRS signal, but it works through the wap gateway.

I'll have to call again today
    This is my first issue with TMO in over 3 years.
    Dumb question but you have power cycled your phone right?

Phones
    iPhone
    other phone
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    no problems here.. i was using data all over chicago today.. downtown, chinatown, north side, north suburbs. sounds like it might be an isolated issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamweaver2k2
    This is ridicules. Truly rediclues!

Phones
    Nokia N8
    Nokia e51
    Nokia e61
    Carriers
    TMobile /
    Feedback Score
    I am on the phone with TMO CS (level 3 and Tech Services) for 2 hours now. I was told by CS to put my sim into a tmo branded phone and go to tzones. What I found there under My Account was someone else's account information (plan, services, MyFaves phone list) including the TmobileWeb 5.99. This explains why I cannot connect using the internet2.voicestream.com gateway while wap.voicestream.com gateway works.

Somehow my info got crossed with someone else's info. They don't see any of it on their end. I'll try calling the person's myfave numbers to see what i can find.

I have restarted the phone my times. What CS told me is that they don't see my phone on the network provisioned for DATA, only voice.

Phones
    Nokia N8
    Nokia e51
    Nokia e61
    Carriers
    TMobile /
    Feedback Score
    I ended up contacting the people that were listed in the MYFaves list and one of them got a hold of the actual person who's info I was seeing. She called Tmobile and my internet is working now. I no longer see this person's info in MyAccount on Tzones.

I just can't believe something like this could happen. Tmobile had no idea what to do.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That's strange. I've been having some GPRS connection issues in the Evanston area--some towers seem to work, and others don't. I wonder if it could be anything like your problem.

Phones
    HTC HD2
    ▪T▪ ▪Mobile▪ @Home
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier
    ▪T▪ ▪Mobile▪
    Feedback Score

Chicago

I ended up contacting the people that were listed in the MYFaves list and one of them got a hold of the actual person who's info I was seeing. She called Tmobile and my internet is working now. I no longer see this person's info in MyAccount on Tzones.

I just can't believe something like this could happen. Tmobile had no idea what to do.
    Seems like that could lead to case of identity theft, worst case. Not good at all that happened.

And T-Mobile could not see it on their end? What were you supposed to do if you did not have another phone?

Phones
    Nokia N8
    Nokia e51
    Nokia e61
    Carriers
    TMobile /
    Feedback Score
    They kept referring to my use of an 'unsupported' device like that was the problem.
    One level 2 tech wanted to remove the "total internet unlimited 19.99" option (grandfathered plan) and add it back in, but i stopped him short because I knew he wouldn't be able to add it back, in the end he said I was right.

This was the first time ever that I had to deal with tmo's CS, and as great as they are, they're only as good as the system they use. Plus, their politeness was annoying at times.

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Nokia6133/2.0 (05.23) Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

That's crazy! I stayed at the W on Lake Shore this weekend and was pleasantly suprised with my Edge speed. Signal was great also.
    T-Mobile iPhone 5s | Verizon iPad Mini | Verizon BlackBerry Bold 9930 | FreedomPop Overdrive

Feedback Score
    Having problems too. Just hit TZones and someone else's plan is on there. 1000 minutes and Sidekick--I'm on 300 with the dash.

Phones
    HTC HD2
    ▪T▪ ▪Mobile▪ @Home
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier
    ▪T▪ ▪Mobile▪
    Feedback Score

Chicago

If the weather keeps up like it is right now, I won't be surprised if we have more issues tonight.

Mine though is still working fine, Im in the Schaumburg area

Phones
    T-Mobile G1 (Dream)
    Palm Centro unlocked
    Motorola Z6, V360
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

So They Locked It Up!!

So T-Mobile noticed the open ports access that many savy users knew about and had configured their phones in order to get internet access unfettered. According to 2nd level T-Mobile Tech Support, they blocked that access and require a data sock in order to have internet access AS OF MAY 6 2007.
    ...Bummer...
    Their support site lists the features of T-Mobile Web - http://support.t-mobile.com/knowbas...lic/tm22793.htm

But their reps many times have no idea what the differences are. As far as I can tell (and anyone more knowledgable please correct me) T-Mobile web allows you NOW to only access sites from their T-Mobile Web menu, or a variety of WAP sites by using the 'enter URL' option in your phone's browser. 3rd party browsers such as Opera Mini are no longer able to be used. This also means Gmail's java app for accessing your Gmail is no longer able to be used.

Are there any workarounds? Yes... I'm hoping someone that knows will post them here or link us to where the information can be obtained.
    ------------------------------------------
    "An answer is just a keyboard away..."

Phone
    LG G3, Sony Xperia Z Ultra
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Simple Plan 4 lines (unlimited on one and 2.5GB sharing on another) $130 | 4.5GB MBB
    Feedback Score
    I have been trying to connect to the internet through my usual connection point "Tmobile Internet" (internet2.voicestream.com) and it fails, while my MMS settings work, i can do updates over MMS in WorldMate on my Nokia e61.

Is anyone having the same problem? I have been in Chicago (60634), Addison, Hanover Park, Franklin Park and had the same problem.
    with internet/total internet, wap and internet2 apns have same access
    you can try wap if internet2 is down